OCR03351 - Chrono Trigger "The Dark Defender"

I really like where this mix went. Maybe it could have been a little deeper or more elaborated upon - I'm not a mix expert - but I know I really appreciated the way this mix turned into a haunting, look-twice-over-your-shoulder walk down Magus Lane. It made 3 minutes fly and was chilling the entire time, particularly with the slightly off-key music box at the end. I call this an eerie success.

Being honest, I'm not often a big fan of piano solo remixes (weird since I play piano). I often feel they lack dynamics or a clear hook. For this one, dynamics are clearly a high point with many volume and rhytm variations. There's a bit of a hook too with Magus' theme.

What impressed me the most, though, was how you subtly changed Magus' melody to fit the chords. Very often I see people try to adapt the mood of a melody without actually changing the melody and it falls flat. Luckily, it works great here.

My main complaint here is the piano sample. It sounds a bit too much like an E. Piano.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03351 - Chrono Trigger "The Dark Defender"