MnP 54: Xenoblade Chronicles X - The Way

HoboKa

Oh man I didn't click on this link for a while cause I don't know the xenoblade chronicles, but now that I finally did, this song is epic ! (had to search it separately cause this vid got taken down, sad) 4 days is not a lot of time to do anything hah :P don't even think I could do anything good with how good this already is. Can't wait to listen to the submitted songs!

6 minutes ago, Kapden said:

Oh man I didn't click on this link for a while cause I don't know the xenoblade chronicles, but now that I finally did, this song is epic ! (had to search it separately cause this vid got taken down, sad) 4 days is not a lot of time to do anything hah :P don't even think I could do anything good with how good this already is. Can't wait to listen to the submitted songs!

Good news: You don't have to!

(It finished 5 days ago, and voting concluded a couple days ago)

DusK killed it this time. Pretty sured he'd have beaten out my mix if it weren't a bonus. Shame we didn't have more entries though.

57 minutes ago, Kapden said:

Yeah, the compo's over my friend.  But next round you're more than welcome to participate.  Assuming that DusK sends me his entry =p 

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's okay to reply to this post despite the competition being over and not being a participant or a musician myself. I just like the soundtrack a lot and wanted to express how wonderful it is to see other takes on one of its best tracks.

I really liked the mood, the slower pacing and the sound due to the use of chosen instruments in "The Way to the Sky" by Chalis It feels quite interpretative to me, but in the first it is this mood in this track that brings back memories of other Xeno soundtracks (by Mitsuda), the music box themes he did so well but more (appropriately) futuristic music box piece.

"Wait for the Moment" by DusK did not feel initially much different from the original, but when it goes into the full rock mode, it gets a distinctively different, own personality. (The energy ties well with the rest of the OST, actually! :D ) Loved the vocal work by Starleeter, very beautiful!

I also loved the instrumentation in "Retrospect" by Kat, the piano (?) adds a lot of atmosphere that has somehow similar vibe to many piece of (again) Mitsuda's Chrono Cross work. Something very nostalgic... (Even though there is also piano in the original piece, it feels different.) I am very sorry, but I did not feel Matt Greco's vocals much here; he has a great voice and can sing very well, but some parts of the song still sounded kind of awkward to my ears. I don't know if this is just something that is not ideally suited for him or if the vocal melody would work better with his voice if it were a bit different. (Or maybe even different lyrics? I suppose this would go out of scope of this competition then though.)

In any case, as a fan of Tetsuya Takahashi's games and their great soundtracks, I am very happy to have listened to all these wonderful remixes and want to thank all artists who participated for their work! :)