CineSamples - Yes or No?

On 5/23/2016 at 3:21 PM, Neblix said:

It's not ridiculous, I've spent much more than that on music stuff. It's about cost-benefit. Granted, now I've kind of saturated my line-up, so I'm buying fewer and fewer things these days.

To be honest, I was actually surprised that anyone thought 2,500 was a lot. I kind of thought that was pretty common.

Great thread guys. I'm looking for a new orchestral soundset to upgrade my studio and was wondering what to get. I usually do hybrid stuff so I'm looking for that big hollywood epic sound. I'm currently using Halion Symphonic Orchestra which I've reached the limits of imo. I'm thinking of Albion or Orchestral Essentials.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:25 AM, Malcos said:

Great thread guys. I'm looking for a new orchestral soundset to upgrade my studio and was wondering what to get. I usually do hybrid stuff so I'm looking for that big hollywood epic sound. I'm currently using Halion Symphonic Orchestra which I've reached the limits of imo. I'm thinking of Albion or Orchestral Essentials.

Albion ONE's quality completely smokes Orchestral Essentials.

What are you looking for? Dynamic orchestra, or just loud orchestra? If you're looking for loud, you should go Metropolis Ark instead. It has the best loud brass tone I've heard in ANY sample library. Their CAPSULE engine lets you apply legato transitions to other articulations as well, which is a cool feature I wish we'd see more of.

To be honest, I was actually surprised that anyone thought 2,500 was a lot. I kind of thought that was pretty common.

I spend like that much a year. >_>

Thanks for that, just checked out some Ark1 demos on youtube. It sounds amazing, its a shame that it doesn't have the softer sounds in there as well. It has a lot of useful extras as well, I may actually get both that and Albion one in time, I suppose it's a question of what to get first. Albion one has the extra synthy type sounds which work well, whereas Ark1 offers electric guitar and choirs (which I could always do myself to be fair). I'll think about it carefully. Orchestral Essentials doesn't sound as real as Ark1 that's for sure!

I'm very excited at the prospect of getting my hands on these libraries, I've been squeezing what I can out of what I've got for a while now and I'm definitely ready for an upgrade!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...