Pokemon Gold and Silver - SS Aqua

Jfaferrie

Ah, this has always been such a fun and energetic piece! I think you captured the bounciness and movement very well. You've done great work here!

I feel like your lead instruments could use some extra oomph, though. They can feel underpowered at times, especially your horns when they carry the melody.
However I'm still pretty new to all this, so that could just be me!

8 hours ago, 2r1t said:

Ah, this has always been such a fun and energetic piece! I think you captured the bounciness and movement very well. You've done great work here!

I feel like your lead instruments could use some extra oomph, though. They can feel underpowered at times, especially your horns when they carry the melody.

Yeah, listening back I would agree. I'll need to make the melody lines much clearer in my future mixes. Thanks!

15 hours ago, 2r1t said:

Ruby and Sapphire seemed to think more horns were better XD

But jokes aside, I liked the mix. The percussion was pretty on point with level wise. The only big I think I have is when the cymbal is played multiple times in a row, it wounds completely the same. Which, it probably is, but in a live performance would sound somewhat different each time. But really, that's a small thing.

Also, end credits "Originally", oops. XD

Again, I really liked it. Bit low end a bit heavy, but who doesn't like some extra bass ;)

(I don't compose orchestra music myself, so if any of this seems off then just take away what makes sense for you!)

On 20/05/2016 at 8:01 AM, Kapden said:

Ruby and Sapphire seemed to think more horns were better XD

But jokes aside, I liked the mix. The percussion was pretty on point with level wise. The only big I think I have is when the cymbal is played multiple times in a row, it wounds completely the same. Which, it probably is, but in a live performance would sound somewhat different each time. But really, that's a small thing.

Also, end credits "Originally", oops. XD

Again, I really liked it. Bit low end a bit heavy, but who doesn't like some extra bass ;)

(I don't compose orchestra music myself, so if any of this seems off then just take away what makes sense for you!)

That's interesting with regard to the cymbals. It is in fact different samples for each hit but maybe I could have exaggerated it with the velocity control.

Lol, I didn't clock the spelling mistake xD