South Park

The Orichalcon

I thought the most recent Hell on Earth episode was hilarious. My favorite was the 3 Stooges stuff with the serial killers. I wish they had done some sort of 2-part episode so I could have seen the 3 Stooges thing for a full episode or something.

However, as funny as it was, I thought Drawn Together was better last tonight. The mummy bears with sharkheads was one of the funniest things I've ever seen and so was Spanky putting his newborn child in the sausage machine.

Last night's episode, Hell on Earth 2006, was great. The Steve Irwin part might've been too soon, but it was a tribute in that South Park style.

That's the thing about South Park; they are quick to jump on any part of pop culture. I remember the South Park movie actually having lines from Episode I...which was released the next year. Matt and Trey saw the line in a early trailer and revised the movie to have the line.

Last night's episode, Hell on Earth 2006, was great. The Steve Irwin part might've been too soon, but it was a tribute in that South Park style.

That's the thing about South Park; they are quick to jump on any part of pop culture. I remember the South Park movie actually having lines from Episode I...which was released the next year. Matt and Trey saw the line in a early trailer and revised the movie to have the line.

Yeah, the Jarjar binks line. One of the people in "Operation Human Shield" in the South Park movie said "Is the people gonna die??" like JarJar says in Episode 1.

Also, apparently the Steve Irwin reference offended a lot of people here. But God knows why.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20654302-2,00.html

I sincerely hope they don't ban the episode.

Not surprising considering that it doesn't really take them long to create an episode. The WoW one took about a month to complete, and others have been done faster.

Not surprising considering that it doesn't really take them long to create an episode. The WoW one took about a month to complete, and others have been done faster.

AWESOM-O took 3 days apparently.

People keep getting offended over the Steve Irwin thing. Really irritates me.

I'm arguing with someone on a forum who said the south park creators only put Steve Irwin in the episode to "boost their ratings". :? This person hasn't even watched the episode. How do you argue against an ignorant claim like that?

Gee I feel so sorry for the Irwin's that are copping this crap. Where is the compassion?? I am really upset how there are sick people out there, making fun of Steve Irwin's death !!

Why can't people see that this was a tribute, not a mockery.

steveirwinsouthparkxt0.png

Except he's in Hell. Kind of hard to see that it's a tribute from that.

It's a running gag in South Park's world. They've long since maintained the in-joke that only Mormon's go to Heaven. Everyone else goes to hell. You even see people like Gandhi and Jesus down there at times.

Except Saddam Hussein. Going to heaven is a punishment for anyone who isn't a Mormon. Satan didn't like Saddam because he bullied him and was not a kind lover. So he sent him to heaven, his eternal punishment being forced to make macaroni sculptures. So it's a good thing he went to hell.

Except he's in Hell. Kind of hard to see that it's a tribute from that.

It's a running gag in South Park's world. They've long since maintained the in-joke that only Mormon's go to Heaven. Everyone else goes to hell. You even see people like Gandhi and Jesus down there at times.

Except Saddam Hussein. Going to heaven is a punishment for anyone who isn't a Mormon. Satan didn't like Saddam because he bullied him and was not a kind lover. So he sent him to heaven, his eternal punishment being forced to make macaroni sculptures. So it's a good thing he went to hell.

Exactly. So going to hell in South Park isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...