South Park

The Orichalcon

Preview for Tonight's Episode:

Hillary Clinton is in town for a big campaign rally. Cartman follows a lead on a possible terrorist attack.

Cartman suspects the new Muslim student is behind a terrorist threat in an all-new "South Park" entitled, "The Snuke," premiering on Wednesday, March 28. The clock is ticking as the citizens prepare for Hillary Clinton's big campaign rally. Every minute counts as Cartman uses his own methods to interrogate the suspect. But could the plan to target Hillary Clinton be just the tip of the iceberg?

Sounds like this'll be good.

They copied 24 to a tee and that was pretty funny in itself. Too bad the entire thing didn't have the strong rhetorical punchline the show is famous for. But still cute with the British thing.

And they name dropped so many internet blog/social/search sites. I bet that's what the actual crime investigators do anyway. Which was a funny revelation.

I think the Southpark episode this week was awesome. It was hilarious how Stan acted as Clowie (however you spell that annoying chick's name) and how everybody's phones had the CTU ringtone. The whole skipping time idea was brilliant. Overall the episode was hilarious. If anybody is watching this season of 24, the issue of America's inside fear of radical Muslims is being confronted, and one of the morals is coming out to be that we shouldn't be quick to accuse people because of who they are. The Southpark episode was a parody of this season and the little Cartman conversation at the end was countering the concept of non-judgement. Smart that Matt and Trey caught on to 24 in such a way and was able to make a perfect parody. It's true, Cartman's intolerance saved Mrs. Clinton.

Mayor McDaniels is still alive..?

I always thought she died in Die Hippie, Die. Wikipedia says "Later in the same episode she was seen alive with a bandage around her head stained with blood." I don't remember that...

Wikipedia is indeed correct. She shot herself then appeared later with a bandaged head.

And The British need a better fleet.

I think the Southpark episode this week was awesome. It was hilarious how Stan acted as Clowie (however you spell that annoying chick's name) and how everybody's phones had the CTU ringtone. The whole skipping time idea was brilliant. Overall the episode was hilarious. If anybody is watching this season of 24, the issue of America's inside fear of radical Muslims is being confronted, and one of the morals is coming out to be that we shouldn't be quick to accuse people because of who they are. The Southpark episode was a parody of this season and the little Cartman conversation at the end was countering the concept of non-judgement. Smart that Matt and Trey caught on to 24 in such a way and was able to make a perfect parody. It's true, Cartman's intolerance saved Mrs. Clinton.

Chloe. Also, the whole "Cartman's intolerance and racism saving the day" also alludes to how Jack Bauer and other agents' rambunctious hunt of racial stereotypes (typically Muslim or Russian) tends to save the entire World. It only happened in every single season of 24 so far. Except the few times when the enemy actually was the United States itself..

Loved the 300 parody.

I dunno... the parody seemed needless. They didn't do anything with it.

Usually when Matt and Trey base an episode around another work it's for a reason. They cleverly tie the parody in with some other issue. But not this time. It seemed, instead, mostly gimmicky.

The episode had moments of hilarity but, in the grand scope of South Park, it was an average to below-average episode.