Zelda 64 - Winds of Hyrule - Updated 12/02

Strike911

I was all set to scream AGAIN?!?! But turns out this was actually a pretty fun listen. Beats the pants off my depressing piano mix of the same song anyway. :lol: Way to go!

Nitpicks? I haven't a single one. The repetitive nature of the song works with this genre surprisingly well. Although... fifteen or so seconds of silence at the end could be fixed to a nice 5 or so. Easily remedied.

Hm... well that's all. I guess I'm not much help. :roll:

This is awesome. You def try to keep a lot of variation never letting one sound percussion or instrument stay in there very long. There ain't a whole lot to the song of storms so arrangement is key. Besides the many many good points of this mix it has one or two things that got me.

Towards the end when the voice says "Bass" a few times in a row it gets kinda old their. Maybe pan it, or run the voice through a granulizer. When the voice says "Bass" in the beggining with that crazy shtie it's sweet.

Break out at 1:36 was pretty weak. The percussion needed a lil more build up, and the breakout sounded just like one of the previous section coming back in.

I can't comment of mastering or sound quality bc I'm listening to it on speakers at work that are from the stone age.

Besides that shiznite its sweeeet.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely a creatively conceived idea for a rendition. Even if I had thought to make an electro rendition of Zelda music, I wouldn't have thought to do this with this theme (the Song of Storms has always been my personal favorite of the Ocarina songs.)

You'd be a wuss to not submit this. Do it! `cause Mario says so bitch! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. I didn't realize people were still

commenting.

First and foremost, Thank you everybody for all the really nice comments!!

WELL, I'm working on fixing this version up and I'll be updating it this week, so new version with a little more stuff in it. It'll sound a bit more complete. I've got a zillion ideas that I just never got around to implementing... well, until this week that is. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty sweet, if you ask me. It's really nice to see this kind of take on a Zelda piece simply because it's so rarely done. Plus, I absolutely love the Song of Storms, so this was a very enjoyable listen for me. There's not really anything in here that strikes me as needing a change, your ReMix is really very solid all around. I wish you the best of luck in submitting ;)

Pretty cool mix, but then again i wouldn't expect less from you. On a related note : WHERE'S THAT FLATZONE REMIX YOU WERE WORKING ON SOME TIME AGO? D: It was great, i'd still listen to the WIP if my old HD hadn't died on me last summer. Finish your soooooooooongs pleaaaaaaaaaase~!

Hm, well...I really like it. Only problem for me is that it gets old too fast. I don't know if this has been said (didn't read the other posts), but it needs more originality. Yeah, it's a trance remix...but it's pretty much just the same thing over and over again. I realize that that's pretty much the point of Trance and Techno stuff. But that doesn't mean you can't add your own ideas into the mix. I think it'd do this remix some real justice if you did more with it, musically (this coming from a guy who pretty much turns any remix he does into something almost different).

I don't know, that's just my opinion. I might just be too picky about that sort of thing. But none-the-less, it's a great remix. ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated. Same URL as above.

This version has an intro and is more or less a final version. I may or may not add a solo or something in there somewhere to add more originality later... I haven't really decided.

I tweaked the sound in this version and added a few more synths here and there to give it a fuller sound.

Anyway, URL:

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/windmill.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

this is much improved from last time. my hat is off to you. however i still think its VEEERRY repetative. i don't know, try and work a second ocarina song into it. that would be awesome.

And hey, if your up to it, when your done, you do have a good ear for Zelda music, maybe if youve played Twilight Princess you'd be interested in a Serenade of Water remix. cuz it was a totally sweet arrangement in TP vs. OoT.