PS4 orchestral project discussion (on hold for awhile)

Claado Shou

ps. I am not kidding

Hey lets make him do it! Just kidding, the more I think about this the more sense it makes to do PS4.

This project is gonna be huge for alotta people. It's goin to introduce OCR to a game and it's music that not everyone is overly familiar with...hack cough squaresoft and nintendo.

I'm def down for doin a track on this, I really like the OST.

I'm in if you want me that is. Although my music being transcribed might sound awful i don't know, because i'd be the first to admit its lacking in the musical theory.

that's where you get help from others, i can and will help with that. ;)

besides going from sequenced material to real material doesn't change much really. you just have to keep in mind that the instruments have ranges that they can play in.

Glad to see you've chosen phantasy star. It'll be nice to hear some music thats not as commonly remixed as other soundtracks. Oh yeah, a movie script for the characters sounds cool too.Sounds like it'll be another great quallity project.Fo sho.

Thanks for the support, y'alls. I plan on writing the script immediately, and getting all of the initial bases covered, as well as generating some interest (which I hope won't be too difficult). And though I appreciate the offer, zircon, half of this particular project - with ALL the crazy stuff I have planned for it - is definitely more than can fit on a dinner table, let alone your one plate. We're gonna need a buffet line to hold this project.

But still, I'd love to have you, if you don't mind doing orchestral. And Sleepy Emp, ellywu2...I'll be contacting you VERY soon. So expect to hear from me, and be ready to have at some sweet PS4 tunezzzz.

BTW, what does everybody think of the title "Phantasy Symphonic: A Cinematic Adaptation"? I think it flows well, but still...opinionationisms would be splendorific.

~.C.S.~

BTW, what does everybody think of the title "Phantasy Symphonic: A Cinematic Adaptation"? I think it flows well, but still...opinionationisms would be splendorific.

~.C.S.~

It's alright, but to some of us, it'll sound like either an indirect Chrono Symphonic sequel, or something in an entire suite of symphonic suites (which if that is the case you need to press on and do some more :lol:).

I think the only idea that came into mind for me is "Fantasia Star", though odds are people would think of better >.>

If you're looking for ideas for the album title of your project, here are a few titles I came up with.

Chronicals Of Phantasy Star or Phantasy Star Chronicals

Phantasy Star Symphonic Theatre

Visions Of Phantasy Star

Phantasy Star: Symphonic Star

Never played the game so I don't know if the feedback is of any help.Never the less there it is.

I'm actually pretty interested in this, but, I do have a question.

When we're talking cinematic, are we just talking Film Style music in general, or PURELY symphonic. I'm talking like... would it be ok to write music that is kinda... ES Posthumus-esque? Mostly orchestral plus maybe a slightly electronic beat with a few electronic elements? Film music in general seems to be moving in that direction, so, I figured the question needed to be asked.

Either way I dont care, and will probably drop an audition.

Hmm...good ideas, good ideas. I like the "Philharmonic" touch avaris, though I think the titles you suggested are quite a mouthful. We'll eventually hammer out the right title...it's not really a pressing issue.

As for some electronic elements in the project, -RK-, I was thinking about that myself. Problem is, I want the project to be mostly symphonic, and if any synths are added at all, they would have to be tastefully done and not crowd or control the piece. Plus, there are SO many ways that people go about using electronica, it might just turn into a huge confusing nightmare, and then again every song won't have synths, so songs that do will stand out as being different...

I dunno. I have to consult some people (and myself) a little more before I approve anything like that. But don't worry...for at least one song on the project, an instrument banned from Chrono Symphonic will be permitted/encouraged, so...not all things will be the same. Just, hopefully, a lot of them.

~.C.S.~

I think a good example of a song that has mainly orchestral elements with some very tasteful and well used electronic sounds is the main theme to Lost Odyssey (i know i spelled that wrong) by none other than Mr. Nobou.

I believe Mist Walker's homepage or Nobou's has a link to the long. If not you can always watch the trailer for the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright...so, there's been a lot of changes in plans for my schedule in the coming months, and it looks like the project isn't going to be going anywhere for quite a while. I'll still work on the script and try to get things in place, but don't expect anything announcement-wise for at least the next, oh, six months or more.

Just letting you guys know. I appreciate all the support and replies, though. And enjoy some PS4 music in the interim.

~.C.S.~