OC ReMix officially attends MAGFest 5 festival

Jillian Aversa

So do we have a more specific time and place for a meetup, or are we just sort of assuming that we'll all run into each other during the course of the convention?

Brendan is actually planning on designating official "meetup" times for OCR, in the lounge, to help people get to know each other. They'll probably happen on Friday and Saturday afternoons. A lot of us already know each other, and I'm sure people will spots others in OCR shirts, but I'll post those times whenever he schedules them.

So do we have a more specific time and place for a meetup, or are we just sort of assuming that we'll all run into each other during the course of the convention?

Brendan is actually planning on designating official "meetup" times for OCR, in the lounge, to help people get to know each other. They'll probably happen on Friday and Saturday afternoons. A lot of us already know each other, and I'm sure people will spots others in OCR shirts, but I'll post those times whenever he schedules them.

i'm seriously debating wearing my OCR tshirt all weekend for this reason, but i'll probably break down and just take a white shirt and write 'the prophet' on it in sharpie.

Is anyone passing through Kentucky (Hardin County, to be specific) when going to MAG? If I am able to go, then it would be nice for me to be picked up; we'd split the gas money, no doubt.

I really want to go.

I might go along with that as well (i'm in Bullitt). My work schedule for the next week comes out on Friday, so I would know a week ahead. I might even ask off for it if the opportunity looks promising... who knows.

Whew, finally tracked down this thread!

Anyway, since I can't come to the NYC Meetup '06, I've decided to drop in on this instead. :P

I'll probably only be able to stay for the weekend, but better than nothing! I live in Pittsburgh and will be driving myself down, if anyone needs a lift.

Hotel-room sharing would also be nice. Moguta? Dare I say, Wingless?

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the concertneskimos? 8)

Minibosses and Jenova Project will not be playing this year, but Armcannon and Year 200x have been added to the bill. If you'd want to update that post, that is.

The loss of the minibosses this year is quite unfortunate, but great times will still be had in the concert room for sure!

Sooo, will anyone be recording the panel like Jiggles Mcpuff did for otakon?

I'll bring my videocamera, so hopefully somebody will be willing to work it. ^-^

NEW NEWS!

First of all, there will be no big panel with all the videogame remixing communities. I tried to organize something, but everyone seems too busy to get involved, and it's tough over the internet.

Secondly, the OCR panel will be at 4:00pm on Friday the 5th, followed immediately by a meetup in the lounge!

So there will be an actual OCR panel?

What are you/we/whoever going to do for it?

Yep, there's gonna be an OCR panel, and basically identical to the Otakon format. Dave, Larry, Andy and I are going to present it, and if any other judges are present they'll probably be involved in one way or another. We're going to add/change a few source tune and remix examples, focus a little less on site history, and more on things a slightly more clued-in audience will appreciate.

You should ask Dave if he wants to perform your collab again!

So, now that I've signed up and stuff, How much money do you all think I should bring? I'm leaning toward 40 or so, maybe less, because I'm there for the games. I just want to be prepared if like someone says "HAY SAM! I HAVA A NEU CD OF VIDEOHGAME MUSICXS FOR U UONLY 5 BUCKS."

Nobody has yet enticed me, nor told me how this is heterosexual!

Appease me!

Rail and Koala.

All you need to know.

And LuiZa

And Pixietricks

Though neither of them is available :(

Yeah, and even if we were, I think we're in a different category than those two. A less... "outgoing" one. :P Still, wingless, if it'll entice you to come, I promise to give you a sweet little peck on the cheek.

Appease me!

Rail and Koala.

All you need to know.

And LuiZa

And Pixietricks

Yeah, and even if we were, I think we're in a different category than those two. A less... "outgoing" one. :P Still, wingless, if it'll entice you to come, I promise to give you a sweet little peck on the cheek.

:o

Appease me!

Rail and Koala.

All you need to know.

And LuiZa

And Pixietricks

:o

So, in the highly likely event I don't make it to MAGFest in time for the actual OCR meetup, what do I do to meet OCR people?

I've never been to one of these before, do they tend to walk around in a big group? Or do I have to go and track people down?

Damn school and 4-hour driving times :|