Super Audio Cart: The definitive chiptune instrument, available now from ISW & OCR!

zircon

I'm also on the fence, but I'll probably bite the bullet as soon as I am in need of retro/chipsounds again.

Oh, on vi-control I read somebody suggested recording MSX soundchips (in stead of Atari). If you guys are interested in that, hit me up. I've got 2 MSX computers (MSX2 and turbo R) and nearly all sound chips available for it. I think the Konami SCC chip would be an interesting and unique addition (and an insta-buy for me).

19 minutes ago, Jorito said:

I'm also on the fence, but I'll probably bite the bullet as soon as I am in need of retro/chipsounds again.

Oh, on vi-control I read somebody suggested recording MSX soundchips (in stead of Atari). If you guys are interested in that, hit me up. I've got 2 MSX computers (MSX2 and turbo R) and nearly all sound chips available for it. I think the Konami SCC chip would be an interesting and unique addition (and an insta-buy for me).

Paging @zircon and @djpretzel

56 minutes ago, Jorito said:

SCC! That's what I forgot to tell 'em.

Long time lurker, but just wanted to say a big thank you for making this tool. I've just purchased it and am looking forward to giving it a go. Especially looking forward to messing about with the NKS integration on Kontrol. I do a lot of VGM trackers in Renoise and I think this is going to add a lot of fun to that process!

hey, just got to now this amazing piece of software via this forum.
been browsing the web for some advice what to do against a dying SID and then landed here. : )
i think this collection is kinda essential - why bothering with dying hardware (and full working hardware gets more and more hard to find) when you can have some perfect sounding and authentic versatile sample library?!
i think it is really worth 150 bucks.

oh, by the way? is the promo-code still working?
guess i need to buy this.... NOW! :)

Sup guys. So I downloaded SAC for Kontakt Player. This would be the first time I've actually used Kontakt Player. Problem is, Kontakt Player is not wanting to associate its MIDI system or whatever it is with my M-Audio Keystation 49es. It detects my digital piano but I don't wanna use that as it lacks a pitch and modulation wheel (I use that keyboard primarily for either songwriting and piano recordings, not so much synth stuff). The only solution I found requires the full Kontakt 5 as it's got an extra MIDI option in the options menu where I can set the MIDI channel or whatever.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone have a clue how I would solve this? Yes I restarted Logic Pro X, that's not the issue lol

Hi again. Having another issue with it and I emailed Impact Soundworks a few days ago but they aren't responding.

Unfortunately whenever I boot up Logic again or go to another project and then come back to the project with SAC, or even allow my computer to sleep, Kontakt completely forgets the library and I have to reopen the folder and go through the library and do everything again. This obviously is simply not gonna work for me; only time it might be fine is if I bounce it as an audio file and just use the audio file (but of course, I can no longer manipulate the sound itself).

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Kontakt Player on Logic Pro 10.2.4 on a Mac Pro with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.

19 minutes ago, Garrett Williamson said:

Anyone else had this issue? I'm using Kontakt Player on Logic Pro 10.2.4 on a Mac Pro with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.

VERY unlikely this is an issue with SAC (99% sure it's not), as opposed to an issue with Kontakt/Kontakt Player. Some links that might be helpful:

2 hours ago, Garrett Williamson said:

Hi again. Having another issue with it and I emailed Impact Soundworks a few days ago but they aren't responding.

Unfortunately whenever I boot up Logic again or go to another project and then come back to the project with SAC, or even allow my computer to sleep, Kontakt completely forgets the library and I have to reopen the folder and go through the library and do everything again. This obviously is simply not gonna work for me; only time it might be fine is if I bounce it as an audio file and just use the audio file (but of course, I can no longer manipulate the sound itself).

This sounds like an issue with your installation. Try reinstalling Kontakt. Or, as DJP linked, could be a Service Center metadata issue.

I say this because it's impossible for a sample library's code to render Kontakt at all unstable and unreliable except in the very few cases where it performs file I/O. These are things like loading convolution reverb impulses, and loaded presets using the internal preset system. However, these are things that many, many sample libraries do, and have never caused issues except in some cases during SAC testing when users were allowed to rapidly randomize SAC settings by mashing the randomize button without any safeguards in the code in place (and we took care of those before release).

Even still, none of the above usage cases of Kontakt's file I/O have anything to do with libraries disappearing and nki's being forgotten from DAW projects, and no SAC testing has ever come up with this issue prior. So it really does sound to me like a DAW/Kontakt installation issue. Does it not happen with other Kontakt libs?

If this is about the library going missing from the Kontakt library tab if you start a new instance of Kontakt, I had the same with Shreddage 2. The solution at http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=465223 (first page, last post) worked for me. Some nasty mess due to Service Center updates iirc.

Update v1.1 is coming out tomorrow with a LOT of new stuff!

Also, we want to hear from people who are interested in SAC but have not purchased it: Would you buy a 'Player' version for $99 that has all the same content, but does not allow editing of the sounds or making custom sounds? For example you could load up a 4-layer sequence patch and edit basic stuff like volume, pan, and pitch, but not edit filters, envelopes, FX, mod matrix, etc. Basically a ROMpler vs. the full synth version for $50 less.

8 hours ago, zircon said:

Update v1.1 is coming out tomorrow with a LOT of new stuff!

Also, we want to hear from people who are interested in SAC but have not purchased it: Would you buy a 'Player' version for $99 that has all the same content, but does not allow editing of the sounds or making custom sounds? For example you could load up a 4-layer sequence patch and edit basic stuff like volume, pan, and pitch, but not edit filters, envelopes, FX, mod matrix, etc. Basically a ROMpler vs. the full synth version for $50 less.

Depends. Would you be able to upgrade it to the full version later without paying full price?

I have this new motto I live by with virtual instruments. "Get greatness on the first go."

So, I'd probably just save 50 American dollars more and go full version instead of getting a handicapped version and wind up paying more than the cost of the full version, which I'll inevitably want, down the road.

24 minutes ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Depends. Would you be able to upgrade it to the full version later without paying full price?

I have this new motto I live by with virtual instruments. "Get greatness on the first go."

So, I'd probably just save 50 American dollars more and go full version instead of getting a handicapped version and wind up paying more than the cost of the full version, which I'll inevitably want, down the road.

Agreed. I don't spend much on VSTs, but this interests me and $50 is a price that might turn me into a sucker. But I refuse to pay $199 in the long run just to un-handicap myself.