Horizon Chase - Jentay (Race6)

grag

Hi people!

After many years just watching, studying and developing my musical skills, I'm finally posting something here.

I did this for the Horizon Chase remix contest. My purpose was to show the evolution of Barry Leitch's OST (Top Gear, Lotus, etc), from 8 bit onward. I'm thinking about submiting the song to the site, but I'd like to hear your opinions first!

Thanks. :)

This is pretty rad!
I like how subtly you evolved the song especially. A lot of the time concepts like this feel like a bunch of separate pieces, but this comes together pretty well. I did feel like the mid-range got a bit too crowded around 1:40. But then again, that was probably the most dramatic shift in the song, so maybe it was simply a bit difficult to get used to in comparison to what came before it.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:24 PM, Feyhd said:

This is pretty rad!
I like how subtly you evolved the song especially. A lot of the time concepts like this feel like a bunch of separate pieces, but this comes together pretty well. I did feel like the mid-range got a bit too crowded around 1:40. But then again, that was probably the most dramatic shift in the song, so maybe it was simply a bit difficult to get used to in comparison to what came before it.

Thanks Feyhd.

Yeah, it gets a bit crowded because of the combination of the synths. In that part, there's like 14 midi tracks at the same time.. and the number of different tracks / synths used in this song is kinda crazy, like 60 hahah. I tried my best panning / eqing the mudness out, but sometimes it was kinda hard, because I felt that if I took too much, the sounds became thin.