OCR03362 - Metroid "Lucre"

Oh, Brent! Once again he proves that he's truly the master of twisted and weird music! This track is a typical example of how brlliant his mind is! It even freaked me out at first, but I'm additcted to Brent's magic of mangled soundscapes so much that I've already listened to this masterpiece about 10 times. It caught my attention right at the beginning - those spooky sounds are excellent! And that beat which appears at about 1:10 is very cool as well. I know that most people (on Youtube at least) will probably dislike such music, but I always want more stuff from this man! Great!

Man, the sound design just nails an unnerving feel perfectly. Sure, it's dissonant, but it's done tastefully. Pushes the boundary of pleasant-enough sound design (in terms of abrasive timbre), but for me it's just about right.

Today, I'd probably define music as "the logical sequence and combination of tonal and atonal sounds to generate a harmonic experience." Yeah, this counts. :D

I honestly found this to fit more as a track in an OST than as a remix, since you generally have more freedom in an OST, but this can be some fun listening in the dark.

Ohh wow... I love so so so much twisted ambiance. I remember listening to Cancer a whole ton of time and this one will be on my playlist for a long time. I'd love to see Brent have his take on the whole Metroid OST and released as an album. I'd pay a lot of money for that! Long story short. this is a phenomenal remix!

Thanks a lot,
Xavier

I think it could have used more varied texture, but I like the general direction. I admire the oddball composers such as György Ligeti, and even more modern ones like Jasna Veličković, and I think people interested in creating this sort of music should study the work of people like those. I wouldn't listen to this sort of music all day, but it's an excellent change of pace and I'm glad it's here.

How fortunate! I just happened to drop by to listen to Holy Mother (2353) when away from my regular computer, and I saw this in the sidebar and said 'hey, Metroid 1!' and then it was a remix of Ridley's lair, which has been sorely neglected, and I caught it only 9 days after release!

Anyway, this is properly creepy. I like all of the effects except for the momentary volume fadeout around 0:50. The disintegration fits with the long-term theme of Ridley as described in the intro. I was somewhat surprised that only the parallel-whole-tone sequences remained through the bulk, with the melody generally absent.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03362 - Metroid "Lucre"