OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

I'm looking to have a permanent OCRCL logo that has a fairly classy look about it. Something like the NFL or FIFA or something, something that I can use over and over again.

Anyone with photoshopping skills willing to generate a logo - send me an IM or PM. I'd like a logo with some of the old OCR colors (shades of purple) but I'd go with anything, and a chess theme is probably necessary.

Thanks to you guys in advance if you decide to undertake my...er...challenge.

I'm looking to have a permanent OCRCL logo that has a fairly classy look about it. Something like the NFL or FIFA or something, something that I can use over and over again.

Anyone with photoshopping skills willing to generate a logo - send me an IM or PM. I'd like a logo with some of the old OCR colors (shades of purple) but I'd go with anything, and a chess theme is probably necessary.

Thanks to you guys in advance if you decide to undertake my...er...challenge.

I'd be thrilled to take a stab at it, but I don't really know what the old OCR used to look like (not to make you feel old, or anything, Kamoh). I don't suppose you could post some example of what the old colors used to look like? If so, I'll get started right away.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=92001

For a flavor of the old.

One idea I had was to have a stylized or silhouetted lineup of a pawn, rook, knight, bishop, queen, and king; each one a little taller than the one before...also the king wouldn't have a cross on his head - he'd have a pretzel. This logo idea would not incorporate a chessboard (and I'd honestly like to stay away from that since it's kinda tacky - maybe just four panels.

Edit: I like the first one (sorry Chris - meh is the word but now you know better what things look like).

Edit2: Also, maybe, the OCR logo with the controller and the headphones or a variation of it?

I'm sorry if I feel like I've got really high standards, but these ones aren't quite what I'm looking for yet. Something fairly clean, yanno, something with some class maybe. Who knows :P

Anyways, I'm not pressuring anyone into doing this real well or anything - I just want to choose the right logo idea.

...these ones aren't quite what I'm looking for yet. Something fairly clean, yanno, something with some class maybe. Who knows...

Gosh dangit, kamoh, stop being a freakin' noob. Don't give us qualitative generalizations, tell us what elements you like from each one submitted so far, and we'll go with that.

Be specific. It's not like you're going to offend one of us or anything.

...these ones aren't quite what I'm looking for yet. Something fairly clean, yanno, something with some class maybe. Who knows...

Clearly kamoh DOESN'T know what he wants, that's why he can't be more specific =p

Fortunately, I have a bit of a sixth sense for these things. Here's yer logo, you'd better like it!

chessocrwn9.png

[Edit]

Hmmmm, doesn't look so good on that background. Here it is again:

chessocr2vx3.png

Let's see what's wrong with the picture...

Look at Ks. Sox piece collection, where his pieces are located, where my pieces are located, where my pieces are located and also look at the move count.

Yahoo! is being bastardous to me. Meh.

Oh well. Good games.

I won two against Ks Sox. Much frustration with Yahoo! there. It messed with my screen and we had to replay what we had already played out.

I had that same problem with Margo a couple weeks ago. We managed to get the old yahoo working and had our games there (we could only connect to the new yahoo at first).

Bahamut wins 2 optional games vs Dama...but check out this move history:

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game
;White: damathacus
;Black: ilovepsi84
;Date: Mon Oct 30 04:52:32 GMT 2006

1. d2-d4 g8-f6
2. c2-c4 g7-g6
3. g1-f3 f8-g7
4. e2-e3 d7-d5
5. b2-b3 e7-e6
6. f1-d3 o-o
7. o-o b7-b6
8. b1-c3 c8-b7
9. c1-a3 f8-e8
10. d1-c2 d5xc4
11. d3xc4 b7xf3
12. g2xf3 b8-d7
13. c4-a6 f6-h5
14. f3-f4 d8-h4
15. c3-b5 h4-g4+
16. g1-h1 g4-f3+
17. h1-g1 e8-d8
18. a1-c1 d7-f6
19. c2xc7 f6-d5
20. c7-c6 f3-g4+
21. g1-h1 h5-f6
22. c1-c4 g4-f3+
23. h1-g1 f6-g4
24. f1-c1 f3xf2+
25. g1-h1 f2xh2++

It was a toughie, and we were both tight on time towards the end.

Played Bahamut as my bonus match. He won both. The second game was pretty good, thus I'll post it here.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game
;White: damathacus
;Black: ilovepsi84
;Date: Mon Oct 30 04:53:25 GMT 2006

1. d2-d4 g8-f6
2. c2-c4 g7-g6
3. g1-f3 f8-g7
4. e2-e3 d7-d5
5. b2-b3 e7-e6
6. f1-d3 o-o
7. o-o b7-b6
8. b1-c3 c8-b7
9. c1-a3 f8-e8
10. d1-c2 d5xc4
11. d3xc4 b7xf3
12. g2xf3 b8-d7
13. c4-a6 f6-h5
14. f3-f4 d8-h4
15. c3-b5 h4-g4+
16. g1-h1 g4-f3+
17. h1-g1 e8-d8
18. a1-c1 d7-f6
19. c2xc7 f6-d5
20. c7-c6 f3-g4+
21. g1-h1 h5-f6
22. c1-c4 g4-f3+
23. h1-g1 f6-g4
24. f1-c1 f3xf2+
25. g1-h1 f2xh2++

Edit: Beat me to the punch. Probably the most interesting thing about this game for me was that both us were down to about two minutes. This is unusual because usually if I'm at two minutes, Bahamut is at eight. Kind of an unfortunate loss at the end. I guess I wasn't really thinking there. Oh, well.