OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

Okay, so I see what the issue was here.

Last week, ks_sox_fan and I had a second game that didn't get played. I proposed to him that we count it as a draw, and he agreed, so the draw we got was, in actuality, an unplayed match designed to decieve the league director (of course, that's me too, so really decieving all of you guys). This crap is okay, I just want an agreeable result posted.

You guys have until 11:59 pm PST (woo standard time now) to figure this out. Otherwise...1-1 is the result (better than 0-0 after all - unless someone says they are dismayed).

happy halloweek!

This week's scheduling was done fairly convoluted. I originally had the top 5 playing eachother isolated from the rest, but that didn't work out so well. Basically it's similar to the last time with some exceptions due to rematches...

I will have to schedule myself against JD next week for sure.

chessqe0.gif

chessocrwn9.png

Wow...that's fantastic - I was kinda hoping for a purpley-thing but this is just great. I do have a couple requests though, but shouldn't be too hard...

1) Longer, banner sized? 600-800 pixels wide would be best, and just continue the end of the logo with the squares. Nothing has to be added (unless you want to stick player avatars on there hint hint nudge nudge I can do that though).

2) The OCRCL should be a little bolder and less washed out.

3) The words should be "OVERCLOCKED CHESSLEAGUE" since that's the way I've been saying it for a while.

---This is enough for me to put it in my sig :)

Well as promised, I have come up with another topic for the next couple of weeks.

So I guess this one most of us could have seen coming a mile away. Well it has to do with Halloween. Here we go.

What did you do for the weekend preceeding Halloween?

What are you doing for Halloween?

Dressing up?

How about some stories from previous years?

What are you planning on doing for next year if you know?

What's you favorite Halloween activity?

Tricks or treats, which do you like better and are there stories attached?

This should be a fun one. Have fun with it and I will post my stuff later. I have work in a few hours and I must got to sleep. Good night everyone. Good luck with your games this week!

Well as promised, I have come up with another topic for the next couple of weeks.

So I guess this one most of us could have seen coming a mile away. Well it has to do with Halloween. Here we go.

What did you do for the weekend preceding Halloween?

Dressing up?

This should be a fun one. Have fun with it and I will post my stuff later. I have work in a few hours and I must got to sleep. Good night everyone. Good luck with your games this week!

Last Saturday I had a Halloween party =D

For Halloween I'm prolly going to do what I did last year and take my bike around (unless it rains) I got crazy amounts of candy =D

This year I'm dressing up as Pants man from VGCats.

Last year we made a pumpkin diorama of brain surgery. I'll try posting some pics once I find my scanner. We went all out on it =D

Next year I'd like to do something I've been planning for a while. Get a bunch of life-sized dolls or scarecrows or something, put them in a wheel barrow, then wander the streets saying "Bring out your dead!"

I love Monty Python.

My favorite Halloween activity is definitely dressing up. If you put even a little thought into it (unlike the lazy kids who go as 'students' and the like) your costume usually gets quite a few comments as you go door to door.

And I definitely like treats. There's no story here, I just like candy a lot.

3) The words should be "OVERCLOCKED CHESSLEAGUE" since that's the way I've been saying it for a while.

I vote nay. Let's not have a grammatically incorrect banner just because that's how you've been saying it for awhile. I know lots of people that have been writing for awhile without the use of commas, but that's not a tradition I want to support.

I vote nay. Let's not have a grammatically incorrect banner just because that's how you've been saying it for awhile. I know lots of people that have been writing for awhile without the use of commas, but that's not a tradition I want to support.

I'm with Dama on this. The official abbreviation is definitely "OCRCL", which stands for "OverClocked ReMix Chess League." Not OverClocked Chess League.

EDIT: Aaugghhhh! 8O I have to play JD and Keegan! Happy Halloween to me!

I'm with Dama on this. The official abbreviation is definitely "OCRCL", which stands for "OverClocked ReMix Chess League." Not OverClocked Chess League.

EDIT: Aaugghhhh! 8O I have to play JD and Keegan! Happy Halloween to me!

The official anything is nothing blah blah blah.

you guys are right about this one, but I like having the two-word writing of it still. I figure eventually I will end up just agreeing with you and that will be that, so don't listen to me at all...

I'd love to have that logo transparencied to 25% gray as the transparency color if that's possible (hard cause the logo is a lot of gray)

What did you do for the weekend preceding Halloween?

Dressing up?

Last Saturday I had a Halloween party =D

For Halloween I'm prolly going to do what I did last year and take my bike around (unless it rains) I got crazy amounts of candy =D

This year I'm dressing up as Pants man from VGCats.

Last year we made a pumpkin diorama of brain surgery. I'll try posting some pics once I find my scanner. We went all out on it =D

Next year I'd like to do something I've been planning for a while. Get a bunch of life-sized dolls or scarecrows or something, put them in a wheel barrow, then wander the streets saying "Bring out your dead!"

I love Monty Python.

My favorite Halloween activity is definitely dressing up. If you put even a little thought into it (unlike the lazy kids who go as 'students' and the like) your costume usually gets quite a few comments as you go door to door.

And I definitely like treats. There's no story here, I just like candy a lot.

I went to a Halloween party last Friday too - http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~snapp/halloween06/ is where all the fun pics of some of the various costumes people had. I'm in there in a few pics too, although you'll just have to guess.

Two things:

A) I don't think you have Snerrak's correct IM address entered on the pic, Kamoh. I believe it's "snerraksobession" rather than "snerraksobsession." Would you double-check for me? Thanks.

B) Who wants to play a third match this week? My choice, Setz, is already taken. So who can pick up the slack?

Pillaged and plundered two ThirdMatch wins from ksSoxFan.

Rainman DX vs. ks_sox_fan, 2-0.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that, far be it from my pairs of losses to Keegan and Johnderrill hurting me in the league standings, all it did was serve to make the gap between us larger. I guess it's not quite like the weekly BCS standings...

I don't even know what it was I was expecting, I guess.

Oh, and what's the deal with Johnderrilll still being undefeated? Would someone please do something about that? I sure tried...

I think he would say it's because he's been studying lately, and frankly I would believe him. I'm just gonna have to get in on some of that action.