OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

Alright, JD, all you've got to do is beat Keegan twice, and we share this week's top score. My success this week is entirely dependent upon you.

And dangit, kamoh, I want it clear that I've played every game assigned to me - and that includes two wins over Margoute in week 4. I hate to keep bringing it up. Get on the ball! :evil:

:wink:

Alright, JD, all you've got to do is beat Keegan twice, and we share this week's top score. My success this week is entirely dependent upon you.
Or he could not play and you'd get the week's top score.
And dangit, kamoh, I want it clear that I've played every game assigned to me - and that includes two wins over Margoute in week 4. I hate to keep bringing it up. Get on the ball! :evil:

:wink:

lol sorry...for some reason it's got you at •80 though, which is correct, but you are 51•80.

EDIT: I know the reason. I have fullmatch standings for you against JD, which isn't right. So actually you will be, at the end of all this fixing, 49•80, while JD will be 47•68

Nobody's keeping you from contacting them... I know for a fact that eppy and grayfox are online fairly often and are willing to play - you just have to ask them yourself.

As long as you aren't proactive in playing your matches, you'll only play people who are similar.

Bahamaut did you ever get that ps3?

Nah, too much trouble. Ironically, I could've bought the PS3 on Black Friday but I didn't feel like going through the trouble of taking it with me on my plane trip & bus ride just to resell it.

Well at least you didn't get ran over by a mob trying to buy it:P

I'd also like to note if Dr. Willy gets one more post his post count will be 1337

Since December isn't the easiest of months, and I'm really liking this whole relaxed-time schedule, here's how the rest of the "season" is going to go:

Week 7: Dec 2 - Dec 10 (9 days)

Standard Week, just a little longer than usual.

Week 8: Dec 11 - Dec 22 (12 days)

This will be the PLAYOFFS week that I've been talking about - it's coming a little early because of the holiday so bear with me. Also bear with the fact that I'm probably going to some crappy bowl game in New Mexico and will have someone else tabulate the final days of this phase.

There will be no half-matches in this round, and everyone will have three matches (except the lowest pool).

The Championship Pool will be the following four players, in this order and seeding:

1 • Highest Award-Scorer.

2 • Highest Point-Scorer over all 7 weeks. (second highest if above).

3 • Highest Point-Scorer over final 4 weeks (second or third highest if above).

4 • Wild Card (a player who may be second place in one of these categories but isn't one of the top three).

The Second Pool will be another 4 players deemed appropriate for a 'second-division' championship.

The Third Pool and all other successive pools will be 3-4 players.

Your final ranking for Fall 2006 will be based on your performance in this week.

WINTER BREAK: December 23rd - December 31st

We'll have a single-elimination tourney or something, so you won't go without OCR chess necessarily.

Week 9: January 1st - January 7th

The Winter 2007 season begins with a clean slate - but your schedules will be based on week 5-7 results.

I'm looking at changing things up starting in January - we'll finish up the way we're doing right now, and then take that break. Here's what I'm considering:

*The week-by-week system will NOT change...

*The clocks may change to something as extreme as 30/0...

*I may alter or remove the halfmatch...

*Oh, and fuck Yahoo somewhere along the way, hopefully.

There's always more ideas in the works, so meh.

I'm off to pick up Snerrak from work, go to a posh location in Central/Western San Jose (the city is a blob - Santa Clara lies across the street but San Jose continues North, South, East AND West for several miles in each direction), and play OCRCL's first live (note: cold) match.

That was a bunch of fun. Yay! Shear randomness in our generalities. Two games for me. We should do that more often or at least play in The Dungeon. More fitting for this time of year. These 12 hour days are kicking my ass. Lol. I guess that I should work on my newest song. Yay, Change Me. Laters.