OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

i want in next tourny fyi
I don't know what this means. We've changed the format - there are no more "tournaments" as we used to play them, at least not right now. It's all about league play, and frankly, we're dwindling to the end of the year slowdown - I really don't want to bog people down with a whole lot of chess to play.

So do you want in on the next week (starting December 11th)? or the next tournament whenever we happen to have one (starting never as far as I'm concerned)?

Optional games with Jessica 1 : 1

Excellent games, I think we both had fun :-)

We played on Playchess, and i think games r saved

But i dont know how to post list of moves from Playchess game file here :-(

Scores augmented, but the rankings order remains unchanged.

By the way, PlayChess is just fine, as long as the time controls are agreeable and moderate - 10/15 is preferable. I do want to mention that the match between Snerrak and I played in the park was not timed, but we agreed to play swiftly and were finished within about 80-90 minutes of starting, and I'm not about to ruin that cause it was really interesting and, thankfully, counted for points.

I've got the idea I want for January 2007 and beyond - match scoring is nailed down and is a combination between the current system and the previous 3-2-1 system, as well as a very interesting component that I think you'll all enjoy once I've nailed it down. Finals are impending, though...

Your mom's impending.

Also, good to have you again, Arek.

You at the Capitol One Nothing Bowl is impending.

Negativo. We accepted a bid to the Toyota Gator Bowl, January 1st, against one of either a) Texas, B) Louisville, or c) West Virginia. While our odds of winning against any of these teams is something short of possible, it will still be easier than any team we might have faced at the Orange Bowl. :(

ouch.PNG

^ Oh, and whatcha tryin' to do, spoil my chances of getting first place? Man, sucks to be me...

Your mom's impending.

Also, good to have you again, Arek.

You at the Capitol One Nothing Bowl is impending.

Negativo. We accepted a bid to the Toyota Gator Bowl, January 1st, against one of either a) Texas, B) Louisville, or c) West Virginia. While our odds of winning against any of these teams is something short of possible, it will still be easier than any team we might have faced at the Orange Bowl. :(

ouch.PNG

^ Oh, and whatcha tryin' to do, spoil my chances of getting first place? Man, sucks to be me...

Hahaha...first place plays second & third, provided they haven't played them already in the last three weeks.

Why do I have 2 losses vs eppy, and how did I get 1/2 points vs myself? :nicework:

2 losses vs. eppy: Because last night you said "0-2 versus eppy" and I said "seriously?" and you said "ya srsly" or something like that.

1/2 win vs. yourself: Typo, it says KeeganTheFox on my latest table (at home, I'm in the radio station right now).

longebane (11:11:35 PM): 2-0 eppy write that shit down yo

metzgerism (11:11:44 PM): for realz?

longebane (11:11:47 PM): 4 relz

Next Day:

longebane (8:08:54 PM): beat ramen 2-0

longebane (8:08:57 PM): im done for the weak

longebane (8:08:58 PM): week

metzgerism (8:09:03 PM): lol

metzgerism (8:09:05 PM): for serious?

longebane (8:09:08 PM): 4 SRS

Never had I said 0-2

checkers : chess :: miniature golf : golf

word yo.

SO let's play some minigolf www.jippii.com

EDIT: Here's an update on the future of the league:

Scoring

Starting in January, an integrated 3-2-1-0 system will be put into place, combining the old 3-2-1 with the current optional match setup. Scoring will be done the following way:

3 points - scheduled game win

2 points - scheduled game draw / optional game win

1 point - scheduled game loss / optional game draw

0 points - optional game loss

Effects:

*Scheduled matches and optional matches still give out 4 points total and 2 points total, respectively.

*The margin for any win over any loss is two points, closing the gap between the highest and lowest players.

*Only 16 points are available for pickup in a single week, but optional matches are effectively more critical for their increased point value for a win.

*Records will have four columns (3's-2's-1's-0's).

*Tiebreakers are streamlined, 3's as the first tiebreak, 2's as the second, etc.

*An odd score is thankfully no longer a dead giveaway that you had an optional draw game.

Levels/Experience System

While things have to be hammered out, I intend to introduce an RPG-style LVL/EXP system, starting on January 1st. What this means is that players can see thier progress over the long term in a unique and creative fashion, and will have some freedom in how they are identified.

EXP will simply be points won, and awards will probably be replaced with EXP bonuses. Of course, as your level increases the amount of EXP necessary to raise it will increase exponentially - whatever happens I don't expect anyone to be very far in the double-digits after a whole year, if at all. What is certain is that Level 2 will be 4 points, meaning 2-0 in an optional or 1-1 in a scheduled will do the trick.

Doing this also forces me to stop changing my mind on what certain things should be in the scoring system; I really like the 3-2-1-0 idea above and want to make sure I stop changing things like that.

I mentioned it to kamoh/estevao(identity crisis rofl) but I'm reporting Eppy and Snerrak, they are elusive as easter bunnies.

I sent eppy a PM, no response back yet - I'm sure we'll see him soon and his report will be dropped very low, probably to a 2-point shift.

Snerrak - well, we hung out for several hours last night, so I issued him the report notice in person - there's no way that's a full report either though...2-point shift right now as well.

EDIT: Also, it looks like www.freechess.org is up and running with a VERY pretty chess client. Check it out and register if you'd like - just join as a guest if not.

Basic client: http://www.freechess.org/javaboard/index.html