OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

Sovereign Legend and myself (sorry, I just can't bring myself around to spelling it wrong) took it to the house, and while I feel I can stay up with him in the opening and middlegame, my endgame has always been a distinguishable weakness of mine, and it shone brightly in this match. SL overpowered me in the end, taking a pawn lead and transforming into a 5 pawn lead. pwnd.

Rainman DX vs. Soveriegn Legend, 0-1.

Sovereign Legend and myself (sorry, I just can't bring myself around to spelling it wrong) took it to the house, and while I feel I can stay up with him in the opening and middlegame, my endgame has always been a distinguishable weakness of mine, and it shone brightly in this match. SL overpowered me in the end, taking a pawn lead and transforming into a 5 pawn lead. pwnd.

Rainman DX vs. Soveriegn Legend, 0-1.

I too lost to the Legend in a 13-move farce of a game where I fucked up a castle-threat after a ramping up of meaningless opening mistakes that resulted in his queen in a safe place on my side of the board.

BTW, for all of you, I will not be changing the deadline. Last day for Week 1 matches is today, and we will advance to week 2 tomorrow. This isn't a bag on everyone, I just see no point in prolonging the madness if people still aren't going to play - you're given 4 or 5 games per week to play (just like before), and the penalty for not completing all of them is pretty low.

Your team will get an extra 7 points for a win, and an extra 3 points for a draw.

BTW, for all of you, I will not be changing the deadline. Last day for Week 1 matches is today, and we will advance to week 2 tomorrow. This isn't a bag on everyone, I just see no point in prolonging the madness if people still aren't going to play - you're given 4 or 5 games per week to play (just like before), and the penalty for not completing all of them is pretty low.

Your team will get an extra 7 points for a win, and an extra 3 points for a draw.

Please, Kamoh - More time! MOAR THYME!!!

New girlfriends and Accounting tests and IT Homework and Spring Break mission trips and new girlfriends... I just don't have much time for chess...

EDIT: Rainman DX vs. Falchion39, 0-1.

Keegan beats Amazgr8!

EDIT: Moves list!

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: amazgr8

;Black: keegan_the_fox

;Date: Fri Feb 23 03:03:55 GMT 2007

1. e2-e4 e7-e5

2. g1-f3 b8-c6

3. c2-c3 g8-f6

4. d1-e2 d7-d5

5. d2-d3 f8-e7

6. h2-h3 o-o

7. b2-b4 a7-a6

8. e2-e3 d5-d4

9. c3xd4 e7xb4+

10. c1-d2 c6xd4

11. f3xd4 b4-c5

12. e3-g3 d8xd4

13. d2-c3 c5-b4

14. e1-d2 f6xe4+

15. d2-e1 b4xc3+

16. b1xc3 d4xc3+

17. e1-e2 c8-g4+

18. f2-f3 c3-d2++

Learned something new... Never rely on your computer for ANYTHING if it's over 5 years old. I swear this is happened countless times. I've learned not to play Keegan_the_fox with a timer under 20 minutes with 15s increments.

Twice I've played him thinking I was doing good enough to actually beat him. Twice yahoo locked up on me and made me run out of time and lose. Even though the first time we decided it was a draw because Keegan offered me a draw and I accepted it but it didn't count it before the timer ran out because of lag.

Fortunetly those games were just for fun. But it still really annoys me that I can't rely on my computer to keep up to speed for 15 minutes. I had 6 minutes left toward the end of the game and a 1 pawn advantage with a pretty good position.

He had a knight and a rook, I had a bishop and a rook. But then on one of my turns I tried to make a move and it suddenly brought up the oh so familiar "(Not Responding)" message =/. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem though.