OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

Learned something new... Never rely on your computer for ANYTHING if it's over 5 years old. I swear this is happened countless times. I've learned not to play Keegan_the_fox with a timer under 20 minutes with 15s increments.

Twice I've played him thinking I was doing good enough to actually beat him. Twice yahoo locked up on me and made me run out of time and lose. Even though the first time we decided it was a draw because Keegan offered me a draw and I accepted it but it didn't count it before the timer ran out because of lag.

Fortunetly those games were just for fun. But it still really annoys me that I can't rely on my computer to keep up to speed for 15 minutes. I had 6 minutes left toward the end of the game and a 1 pawn advantage with a pretty good position.

He had a knight and a rook, I had a bishop and a rook. But then on one of my turns I tried to make a move and it suddenly brought up the oh so familiar "(Not Responding)" message =/. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that problem though.

I know it's prohibitive, but couldn't you get access to a hi-speed, newer computer? There are several workable computer labs at my school that I can easily play games on, and while it's easier to do it at home, I find myself playing league matches more and more at school.

If Keegs offered u a draw and u accepted before ur time ran out , then the result should be a DRAW- irrespective of the time on the clocks after that. Not fair at all. Lag can be forgiven. =(

I did offer and we both agreed it was a draw, but in the case of last night I thought I could still weasel my way into a win (I'm pretty sure he was winning).

Hey...I think the whole captainship thing is now debunked...you may represent your team for any leadership from now on.

DRAFTING NEW PLAYERS

If a new player comes along, or you would like to recruit them, here is what you do:

1) Post their name and AIM screen name in the thread.

2) Wait 60 hours.

3) Take them.

If someone else wants a player and you want them instead:

1) When their name and screen name is posted, declare that you want them before the 60 hours are up.

2) Barter and deal to try and take them instead.

If two or more teams show interest in the player at the deadline and deals have not been made for enough teams to back off, a random draw will direct the player, and each team will have chances inversely proportional to their current score.

When someone is up for recruitment, you'll see how this works.

Yeah, I'd say its about time to buy a new computer. But I don't have the money. This one works at high speed until I put it online. Then it slows down big time even though I have hi-speed cable internet.

I strongly suspect adware/spyware on ur pc. D/l and install spybot search and destroy (the one i use)or any such similar anti-spyware prog. Should take care of it imo.

I run spy sweeper everyday... never comes up with anything. Also run adaware once a week. It also doesnt come up with anything. Normally the cause is processes using up too much CPU. I'll open task manager and see a SYSTEM process using up 99% and I don't like closing those because it usually screws things up.

Anyways, strangly enough I havn't had it happen against anyone but Keegan so far and its happened against him twice now (once being a whole lot shorter then the other).

Damathacus has requested a slight retooling of the teams to get out players that don't play. While I think it MIGHT be a good idea, I really would rather not mess with things.

If you need more players, you need to go out and recruit them. If you'd like to trade players with another team, there must be a majority agreement to the trade between the two teams.

Trading players between teams wouldn't make any since. No one wants to take inactive players and no one wants to trade good players. I just don't see it happening.

Eh, you could trade 3-for-1 and make a legitimate move (3 lesser players who play all their games might net you more points than one good player that does the same). But ultimately I'd rather have teams recruit for themselves instead, opting to increase the size of the league.

Announcement:

As it is shown in the standings (which will be updated later tonight), I will be ending Week 2 TONIGHT. However, I will be doing so at 11:59 PM EASTERN (instead of Pacific), in order to try and get myself to sleep earlier. There will be something called "nebulous time" between 12:00 am and 3:00 am EST on Tuesday - if you get your match done before I post the final standings, I will include it - but the phase will end sometime between 12 and 3.