OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

So yeah, I feel like we should all get to know each other. So in that I think it would be a good idea to have a weekly discussion and also just to talk about what we do and who we are in the real world. I understand that most of us are students and whatnot, but hey it's nice to know a little about the people you are playing. I feel that I am making friends on here so it's nice to get to know those people. So if you have any suggestions on where to start, feel free to. I'm just throwing this out as an idea to create more conversation unrelated to chess in this thread. We can all make this a dual thread between current events and sports and lives and also above all the current dealing with our OCR chess tournament.

I beat Spam 2-0 in one quick game as white and a hotly contested battle as black.

---

I've updated the standings with a new INTERESTING points system - this is not official at all, but it is interesting and will keep players from losing points they can't get back in riskmatches. 7 for wins, 4 for draws, 1 for losses, and -2 for risklosses. You cannot lose points if you lose six games in a week with this system.

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

---

Also, one policy change, which isn't relevant until next week. The four-week rule now entails the following:

-You MAY NOT play two standardmatches against the same opponent in any four-week span.

-You MAY NOT play two riskmatches against the same opponent in any four-week span.

-You MAY NOT play more than one standardmatch OR one riskmatch against the same opponent in any one week.

-You MAY NOT play more than one standardmatch AND one riskmatch against the same opponent in any four-week span.

If this is hard to understand, ask me and I'll try to clarify.

-You MAY NOT play two standardmatches against the same opponent in any four-week span.

-You MAY NOT play two riskmatches against the same opponent in any four-week span.

-You MAY NOT play more than one standardmatch OR one riskmatch against the same opponent in any one week.

-You MAY NOT play more than one standardmatch AND one riskmatch against the same opponent in any four-week span.

So, in other words, you can't play the same person twice in four weeks, in either a standard match or a risk-match.

But you can play one of each against someone else, if it's not in the same week.

That's what he said, in layman's terms. We appreciate the technical wording, though. :)

i wanna report rainman.

No, no creo. Estaba en mi computadora por 3 horas, hasta la medianoche, y usted nunca respondió a mi P.M. en playchess.com ni IMs, así que soy limpio. También, tuve la Caída Rompe este fin de semana, así que fui perseguido eso. Hice cada esfuerzo en ese tiempo de jugar nuestro segundo juego. Siento que no trabajó fuera.

EDIT: Yes, Bahamut, Friday will be fine.

So, in other words, you can't play the same person twice in four weeks, in either a standard match or a risk-match.

But you can play one of each against someone else, if it's not in the same week.

That's what he said, in layman's terms. We appreciate the technical wording, though. :)

Actually.

You can't play anyone more than twice in any four weeks - one standardmatch, one riskmatch - and you can't play anyone more than once in the same week.

In layman's terms.

So yeah, I feel like we should all get to know each other. So in that I think it would be a good idea to have a weekly discussion and also just to talk about what we do and who we are in the real world. I understand that most of us are students and whatnot, but hey it's nice to know a little about the people you are playing. I feel that I am making friends on here so it's nice to get to know those people. So if you have any suggestions on where to start, feel free to. I'm just throwing this out as an idea to create more conversation unrelated to chess in this thread. We can all make this a dual thread between current events and sports and lives and also above all the current dealing with our OCR chess tournament.

/agree

Excelent idea. It'll bring us together in ways other than just chess.

Blah.

With the removal of riskmatches - replaced with an "optional" third match - here is what standings would look like:

chessrj8.gif

I'm seriously considering simplifying things like this - I'm really indecisive I'm sorry.

EDIT: I decided on this before I lost two games to Rainman :'(

So Margoute and I have been talking about music lately and I thought that this might be a broad enough topic that everyone can relate to. So here it is; this bi weekly set of questions are:

What is your background with music?

Do you play or just listen?

If you play, then what instrument(s) do you play? What style(s) do you play?

What are you favorite types of music?

Who are your favorite artists?

Let's start this as a biweekly thing. So I will bring out new topics every couple of weeks. Then next one will be brought up a week from this coming Sunday. Any and all topics are welcome for suggestion. Just send me a private message and I will log people's ideas so that they are given correct credit in the topics.

this bi weekly set of questions are:

What is your background with music?

Do you play or just listen?

If you play, then what instrument(s) do you play? What style(s) do you play?

What are you favorite types of music?

Who are your favorite artists?

My general background is new wave and videogame stuff. I grew up listening to my parents' 80s tapes/CDs and, being the nerd I am, a hefty amount of VG mixes and rips.

I both play and listen. I've been playing Bass Clarinet for nine years, and the bass guitar for two. I play a ton of stuff, and I've transposed a ton of VG music for band.

My favorite types of music are Alternative, Indie and Techno, but I listen to everything except for most Rap and Country & Western.

My favorite Artists right now are Radiohead, Daft Punk, Deathcab for Cutie, Infected Mushroom, and anyone who's composed a videogame soundtrack. (Nobou Uemastu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Koji Kondo... etc.)

I play tenor sax in my college marching band - I really don't associate with band that much besides the fact that all of my best friends are from band, my new girlfriend is from band, and blah blah blah.

I've played trombone and baritone horns, and I'm learning audio editing - maybe someday soon I'll actually start remixing.