Starfox Corneria- Techno Mix

The orchestral stuff at the beginning doesn't sound particularly real, although I do like the arrangement, and I like your decision to use an actual orchestra sound for the "stabs." But I think more realistic orchestra and guitar sounds would improve the song overall.

The silence at 1:37 feels very awkward... whatever you were trying to do, I don't think it's working.

I also think the percussion could be more interesting - it would be much more more exciting if there was more than just a bass-snare-bass pattern right on the beat for most of the song. And the samples you used for the drums sound rather weak - I'm sure you could find some better electric drum sounds for free just by searching.

I love a good rhythm guitar riff with drive and a fast beat. Helps get you out of bed in the mornings.

Like Slimy, I'm not sure of the orchestral parts of this song even though I like the arrangement. For me, it seems incongruent with the rest of the song; too many ups and downs with the speed and force, This is a powerful track with the fast pace and the driving metal sound with lots of electronic harmonies and effects; I truly think the orchestral side disrupts the pace too much.

I think the drums are a little basic, but create the right sound for the track. I do love the downbeat at 0:51; gets me right into it!

If you're going to keep the silence at 1:37, you need another fill right after that. The reintroduction of the rhythm guitar is good, but I feel like the main melody progression feels too repetitive here.

The key change at 2:32 and 2:54 is well-timed, but I'm not sure you have the right key...

Good track, lots of potential to be awesome!

40 minutes ago, The Nikanoru said:

Like Slimy, I'm not sure of the orchestral parts of this song even though I like the arrangement. For me, it seems incongruent with the rest of the song; too many ups and downs with the speed and force, This is a powerful track with the fast pace and the driving metal sound with lots of electronic harmonies and effects; I truly think the orchestral side disrupts the pace too much.

I do like the orchestral intro that leads into the fast electronic stuff, though I understand if you don't like the orchestral stuff later on because it kills the pace.

17 minutes ago, Slimy said:

I do like the orchestral intro that leads into the fast electronic stuff, though I understand if you don't like the orchestral stuff later on because it kills the pace.

I do have more of an issue with the second orchestral part than the first, but I'm still not sure orchestral goes with this one. I think it's the percussion. Maybe it's the tempo, maybe the drum transition - the snare is quite sharp compared to the warmer electronic beats - but it doesn't feel right. But, hey, just my opinion. :)

1 hour ago, The Nikanoru said:

I do have more of an issue with the second orchestral part than the first, but I'm still not sure orchestral goes with this one. I think it's the percussion. Maybe it's the tempo, maybe the drum transition - the snare is quite sharp compared to the warmer electronic beats - but it doesn't feel right. But, hey, just my opinion. :)

Well, the orchestra bits overall could sound and match the rest of the song in tone better. I'm not arguing that it's perfect as it is. Ignoring that I think I really like the transition from the serious intro to "hotshot flyboy" mode.

59 minutes ago, TheChargingRhino said:

Also- A Fox in Space is awesome. Can't wait for Episode 2. 

This is off topic, but I just realized that there's no thread for this and there probably should be. Also - it's generally good forum etiquette to edit your last post if you decide you have something more to say, (unless you're trying to bump a topic.) ;)

22 minutes ago, Slimy said:

Well, the orchestra bits overall could sound and match the rest of the song in tone better. I'm not arguing that it's perfect as it is. Ignoring that I think I really like the transition from the serious intro to "hotshot flyboy" mode.

This is off topic, but I just realized that there's no thread for this and there probably should be. Also - it's generally good forum etiquette to edit your last post if you decide you have something more to say, (unless you're trying to bump a topic.) ;)

Yeah, I'm new. Thanks.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, Slimy said:

I'm not arguing that it's perfect as it is. Ignoring that I think I really like the transition from the serious intro to "hotshot flyboy" mode.

Love the way you put that - 'serious intro to "hotshot flyboy" mode.' Alright, I'll listen to it a few more times this week with that view in mind.

• 4 months later...