Megaman4 - Dustman

Sora

My computer died again. I saved some stuff but not recent .flps or mp3s.

I decided to start anew. So I decided to cover this song again. It worked out really well. I did almost all of it in less than one day. Today I started on the clipping and volume issues. I like how it's come out so far but if I should change anything, feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Well enough talk....there's the song *points*

Sora-Restart(Dustman)

Jesus, you did this with FL? my good, it's like we are using different programs, stunning for you working on it for a half day, must have been an isolated day. Never heard the original, but this is like sex for the ears. There really isn't all that much to critize, i've since worst song get passed and this is your work for a half day, i just can't get over that. WOW.

Try turning down or compressing the bass drum a bit, it seems to break the speaker every time it hits.

Aside from that, the drum loops seem a bit relaxed for being so hugely everything else describable.

It's not just the bass drum that's doing it either, the climaxes at 3:30 and 4:30 are far too loud for your current compressor.

Aside from those things, great work. Production sounds pretty professional.

It's really interesting because that version had no compressors or soft clippers.

I ended up fixing those problems already. The sidechain and the kick overpowered everything else. I've yet to work on the percussion. I usually spend a couple days on it, so it's unique and random. Thanks for the comments. It's so nice to finally get some for a song like this.

Sweet fnark, this is is awesome. And I know why: you're the guy who did "Calm Before the Eagle", one of my other favorite Mega Man remixes.

Only thing I can say about this is that the distortion is a bit heavy in spots, which makes it sound like you're playing it louder than it ought to be. That's really my only complaint.

• 3 weeks later...

Has a major problem with being too loud, but I like the kind of artistic expression that was put into this anyway. I thought the best parts were when this certain melody is playing. It's the melody that's played on a sharp trebley sample in the middle of AmIEvil's remix of this same song. So I thought that could be focused on a bit more, given it has a lot of energy, and seems to be this remix's main drive that would have people remember it, if that's what you're aiming for.

The beat that was added in the beginning, compared to its inexistence in your first WIP, has a nice production ring to it. But then I'm not too sure about that dirty synth that comes in. Sounds pretty standard, but doesn't have to go away.

1:26 sounds plain bad. It ruins the highly enjoyable 2nd section of that above-mentioned main melody. I think that long-note synth that's added at that part ruins everything until 1:46.

Lovely Cave Story-like effect at 2:21. Afterwards (and before, though I didn't spend much time listening between 1:46 and 2:21) is just okay. Then it gets too cluttered at 2:44. The downward progression soon after is a nice retrospect, but perhaps 2:44's section could be a little better.

Despite how surprisingly loud 2:21 is compared to what has been happening prior, 3:13 I find to be quite awesome in intensity. The high pitch at 3:30 is even better. I actually really like these two sections.

The main melody comes in again, though I don't think there's good enough focus on it, seeing as how many things overpower it. Maybe some cool personal touch could be implemented to change around the melody (a.k.a. make it more conclusive, like that "call and answer" basic melody 101 that they teach in music theory, regarding melodies) to make this mix really stand out. Since, after all, that main melody stands out enough as it is, like I've been saying all along.

4:48 repeats that bad 1:26 progression. Maybe you could turn 1:26 into a good progression, and 4:48 an even better progression.

The ending piano sounds very out of place, and very overdone, but you might be aware of this. Other than that, again, see if you can make things less distorted. I hate mastering songs, myself, so I wouldn't know how, besides changing the volume painstakingly, which always seems to make things sound not like I want it. If that happens, try it anyway, and then come back later. You might just like it better. Either that or try really hard to think why your changes would sound better if you "turned this knob here and turned this other knob there".

Hm, this is actually quite fun. Maybe I should provide advice as opposed to remixing altogether!