OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

some kick ass riffs in this one... you can't HELP but rock out to this one. I was listening to this one, and my bro's like "you're listening to a metal remix from chrono trigger!?" i'm like "NO, you noob, its CT, FFV, and several others and kicks the crap out of anything you could ever hope to make" (background info: my bro doesn't like game music remixes)

I've been thinking of turning this one into replacement music for besieged in FFXI. Besieged is just about crazy enough to be worthy of a track like this...

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Gilgamesh music is probably my favorite song in the Final Fantasy series, and I've been dying to hear an good electric version. I must say this was the answer to my prayers. People who don't even play the games love this song. It covers like 5 genres of music into one song and i love that.

You rock

This one rocks. It's one of the few songs that result in compulsive headbanging for me.

The "Clash on the Big Bridge" portion easily beats The Black Mages version in terms of sheer awesomeness. Good work.

And the ending was like nostalgia blasting its way into my ears. Go you.

*Forces self to stop praising the song.*

I'd obviously heard this song before, back when it was just posted, as was the custom at the time.

But the other day, I was headed to work with my new, GOOD headphones, and it was the first time i'd really listened to the song.

And it's awesome. The transitions between different songs are smooth and the guitar just plain rocks.

Have to agree with the above point on Clash on the Big Bridge as well, though when I heard that, I had to check briefly to make sure my MP3 of that hadn't been randomly awesome'd-up when I wasn't looking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Absolutely amazing work - This is one of those songs that I'll have on my iPod with 5 stars for quite some time. I haven't given reviews in a while, but this one simply takes my hat off. Great sound engineering, great guitar work, amazing drum work, very fluid transitions, pure emotion, and a great drive throughout the piece. 5 stars, no less.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is a roaring flood of awesome.

Quoted for truth.

I like how this comes out fast and furious. I especially like the motif at 0:13.

I generally like mixes that are a melody, but this does an exceptionally well job of coherently stringing together and transferring from each theme.

Also the electric guitar solo of the fanfare theme at the end is made of pure awesome.

In short, Final Fantasy as power metal makes me go :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I grabbed this one after hearing Strike of the Devil's Axes and was thoroughly impressed.

This song is all over the place, covering so many different styles, but tying them all together beautifully. The guitar work is incredible. I love the acoustic/phaser section at 3:00 which slides into ska. The screaming dual guitars at 4:38 send shivers down my spine.

I have to agree with cloudkitt about the air guitar factor. And that's the best rendition of FF victory music I've ever heard. Can I get that as a ringtone?

Easily one of my most favorite medleys to date. The part that rolls in about the middle is probably my favorite. Just the beat that gets started is astonishing. Hell, it even ends with the fanfare!

Very clean too, can't stress that enough. Everything is extremely crisp and noticeable, very professional. Awesome job LuIzA.

• 2 months later...

What more can be said. compatibly, your version of both, Battle with Gilgamesh and Hunter's chance were far more superior as compared to the Black Mages version. I'm not saying theirs was bad, yours was just a LOT better. I don't think I have ever found a remix until now that my fingers got sore from too much air guitar.

Air Guitarists around the world bow down to you.

Great re-mix, keep up the good work.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"