OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"

djpretzel

(100th review! :-D)

I've shared this one with a lot of people in person because it's so accessible as a rock/ska arrangement, you wouldn't even know you were listening to video game music. Needless to say, they've all been sufficiently in awe at the level of brutal talent involved in the song. It's really unrelenting, and especially during the shredding parts I don't think anything but "melt your face off" would be appropriate to describe what's going on!

This one's gonna be hard to top, but I look forward to seeing what the remixer throws at us in the future, should she choose to remix in this style again :-) Regardless, this is a sufficient treat for anyone looking for some epic ska-rock goodness.

I love this song, I just fucking love it.

I love not just because it rawk, not because it's Final Fantasy, and not because it's shred-tastic, but because of the fact it's combines them all... AND RIPS YOUR HEAD OFF DUE TO IT'S AWESOMENESS AND BEATS YOU WITH IT!!!

*Cough* Ahem, getting to what I was originally saying, it rocks hard, it just bloody rocks... good.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to scoop up the remains of my brains of the floor.

\m/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

The ska chords are pretty sick. Also, multiple game medley is on point here. 3:03 section is ally cool and refreshingre, not that the song got old leading up to it. The returns to Big Bridge are cool. It's a longer mix, but it doesn't at all feel like it overstays its welcome. SMH with a smile at the outro.

• 4 weeks later...

Of all the themes being tackled in this, I'd say I'm most surprised/impressed by the interpretation of Don't Be Afraid. I personally find that source tune somewhat lackluster compared to other FF8 songs, and its treatment here (plowing through without regard for emotive nuances) practically morphs it into another song altogether, one I like. That section, and the rest of the mix, is, in a word, boss.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"