OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"

djpretzel

Agreeing with Pixietricks/DJP/etc. If anything, she'll be getting lots of emails telling her how great she is, and I know I like getting emails that tell me how great I am. I imagine LulzA will enjoy them as well.

It does make me somehow really proud that she can whoop anyone's ass here on guitar, or put up a good fight. Rock on.

<sarcasm>OMG!DIS ROCX0RZ 2MCH 2BEEN MAED bY A GRL!!!111eleven!!oneone!!!!</sarcasm>

Well, aside from the bit of thirteen-thirty seven, at least the first part of that sentence is true. This really does rock hardcore. REALLY rocks. The guitar work is brilliant. All the transitions were PERFECT. The genre mixup in the middle was particularly fine.

The drums, an instrument I'm admittably not a fan of due to the "wall of sound" effect they usually provide, drowning out the actual song (which I usually feel should be able to be rythmic on the merits of the main instruments alone)... they worked to heighten the overall effect.

The riffs were beautiful. There's no other way to put it. Just... just gorgeous. Hammering some of those sections out worked incredibly well.

The use of pauses worked perfectly for dramatic effect. The more "tender moments" of solos were framed by rage in a perfect manner.

The bass combined with the treble in a way very pleasing to the ears.

There are parts of this song that make me just want to get up and dance.

The FF7 battle theme feels EPIC when you put it in.

Rocking out from start to finish. What more could I ask for?

That long prolonged note right before blasting into the victory theme? Niiiiiice. And then the victory theme itself? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I don't like medleys normally... but this isn't a medley (other than in the technical sense). It's a coherant song with twists, turns, surprises, reprises, and five thousand pounds of awesome.

I remember when I downloaded this track back at the beginning of the year. I couldn't stop listening to it. Bloody great guitar play LuIzA. One other track I'd like to mention of LuIzA's is the one she did with Ashane, Cessation of Mammon (is that LuIzA's vocals in that song?? Would make djp happy). Perhaps maybe it'll make its way onto OCR one day, you can catch it on the DoD site though.

I remember when I downloaded this track back at the beginning of the year. I couldn't stop listening to it. Bloody great guitar play LuIzA. One other track I'd like to mention of LuIzA's is the one she did with Ashane, Cessation of Mammon (is that LuIzA's vocals in that song?? Would make djp happy). Perhaps maybe it'll make its way onto OCR one day, you can catch it on the DoD site though.

As far as I am concerned, Cessation of Mammon was never finished, which is pretty unfortunate.

As far as I am concerned, Cessation of Mammon was never finished, which is pretty unfortunate.

The one on DoD isn't complete? OOoo wait, I vaguely remember getting the version I have from somewhere else (a redone version), then again, I could be totally lost and confused which wouldn't surprise me.

first off, thanks a lot, everyone =) really

I have to be honest and say this is my favorite song by myself and the one I had most fun making. it was a pretty old idea I had

Nope, it was never finished. Ashane still has some mastering to do and she wants to re-record the vocals i think

yep, it was never finished. more precisely, there was lots of re-recording ashane wanted to do, and I did in fact, re-record my vox, and it seemed he didn't like it as much while I did... but oh well. that's been so long ago haha

Wow this is NICE. Good debut mix. Make more musics please.

EDIT: Outside of this, are you publicly recognized? Because judging from this, you are extremely talented- in production, arrangement, and all out thrashing. You should totally put together some solo VG Moosicks shows.

and no I'm not publicly recognized, and quite honestly I want to keep it that way. still.. thanks =)

Just comparing the comments from Blue Balls and this one.

Yes...I definitely am the only one that was the bad guy here being guilty of saying stuff only cause she is a girl.

Yeehaw, say one comment that was intented to be humorous and not taken seriously, and you get branded as a stalking asshole. Like none of the other male posters here didn't have any hidden inuendos when they gave extremely positive comments like "you should do your own solo gameememe shows :D:D:D:D:D:D" and such.

Besides pixie's songs, I am not going to review any more females songs. People here are just way too anal.

Amazing!

Whenever I see a new song on this site, I don't read what songs they have in the remix, I play a little game with myself (shut up pervs... :wink: ) and try to figure out what songs are on it. So as I was doing my homework (slightly semi-headbanging) all of a sudden I hear Chrono Trigger and FF IV and others and spilled my damn Pepsi on my Chemistry.

The funny part was, I explained this to my Chemistry teacher and she said, "...ok well that depends, what song?" I simply replied, "Fire Cross on OC Remix, you've probably never heard of the site..." She then says to me, "Umm, did it ever cross your mind why I didn't get a chance to grade your papers? I was rockin' out to that song!" 8O8O8O8O8O

I honestly thought she was kidding but then she started telling me that she loves Little Mac's Confession and Wily's Mosh Pit.

Officially my favorite teacher.

She graded it and I didn't do it correctly, but she gave me a 15/15 with a note that said, "Lil' Mac, you didn't let me down... From: Doc"

So I thought that was awesome. So thank you LulzA, you scored me an A+.

As for the actual song, I can't stop listening to it. I love it so much. Everything flows together so greatly. And thats all I have to say.

...now if I could get my American Literature teacher to go on this site....(getting a C...crap...)

Congrats Luiza!

It's always nice to see shizzies break out of DoD and expand their fanbase.

Alot of great things going on in this track, the arrangement is very interesting and doesn't get repetitive or boring. My only issues are with the guitar tone and performance, but you're still new to this so that'll all come with due time. I really look forward to hearing more stuff from you in the (hopefully) near future!

And hey, I hope I'll be seeing you at Magfest this year! You'll have a blast keeping my lips off your man's member! Ho Ho Ho!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"