OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"

djpretzel

This is really a fantastic arrangement. As a guitarist myself, I find it extremely refreshing to hear female guitarists as awesome as you. I can't even name one female guitarist at my school, because there isnt one, which is a shame because there are plenty of people who could turn out to be incredible guitarists but are put off because of its male dominated nature.

Back to the remix though, seamless transition between themes and styles, great stuff.

Snapple, some people favor different sounds and settings on guitars, it's all personal preference. What you may consider an improvement may not be in the direction she wants to take her style.

Anyway, this mix is pretty good. I'm not really in a rock mood right now, but you've still gotten me to listen to it 3 times in a row, so I've decided to post a review (since I think that anything that makes me want to listen to it repeatedly warrants a review).

I really like the transitions between songs, they are quite smooth and feel natural. Good job in finding some nice transition points. I think your drum track is quite nice, there's nothing even remotely stale about it. The guitar sounds a little dirty/grungy to me, but it's all preference. After the first listen I adapted to the sound and I don't even think about it.

I personally think World Revolution doesn't get enough coverage, and the way you arranged the end reminds me of some Kamelot songs, excellent work (I love Kamelot, an Epic metal band based in Florida).

Hunter's Chance is a great song, and I like how you've changed it to fit some nice guitar work. The transition into the acoustic guitar was nice (it sort of reminded of some sort of mix of Flamenco and Classical, though I'm sure I'm mistaken).

I especially like the mix of FF7's Fighting and CT's Battle. I like the dynamic shift in the song between the two melodies. It pretty much feels like a duel between the melodies, not sure if that's what you were going for.

FF8's Force Your Way... It's one main point of the game that really drew me into the battles. I pretty much abhorred the system, but the song really made me look forward to battles. Anyway, I like arrangement here, it sounds pretty damn fresh.

The fanfare is also quite awesome, I only wish it went on for a little bit more, because it sounded like you had a pretty good melody working up there, but it sort of just ends. That's really my only beef with the entire song, I think the fanfare ends a little bit too early (before it really got to develop) with how awesome the arrangement was.

Great work, hopefully we'll see some more of your stuff floating around here soon. :)

EDIT: My mistake, what I called "Force Your Way" is "Don't Be Afraid". Doh... At least I knew what I was talking about...

8O Oh no, I've got competition! :wink:

People say she even looks like me (or I look like her if you like).

Great song and keep up the good work!

Mr. Dream: I really enjoyed that story about the chemistry teacher!

/Wire.

ZOMG, a rare GameOver sighting! Anyone have a camera?

Ummm, yeah. The only way to make sure theres no competition between you is for you to do a collaboration. Thats almost more than one could hope for.

Definately one of the most awesome remixes on the site.

When it started fading out.. I was like.. oh it's over already? And then the victory fanfare came along and I was like ooh awesome.. Wish the fanfare didn't fade away so quickly though!

I wouldn't mind having like a 10 minute long song if it sounds this good.

Snapple, some people favor different sounds and settings on guitars, it's all personal preference. What you may consider an improvement may not be in the direction she wants to take her style.

This isn't a matter of style, it's a matter of skill. She is just starting out, and her playing, while decent enough for this song, is still amateurish and needs to improve. With time, her style will begin to show itself, and at the same time her playing will become more solid and versetile.

I'm really surprised by the incredible sound quality of this. Definitely sounds Black Mages inspired. It's a lot cleaner than anything the Black Mages did, too. Being a drummer since 1999, I must say the drum sequencing is quite believable. Great job on the guitar, especially the leads. The synths and bass are nicely sequenced, too .. but mostly the guitar adds to the studio quality factor. Highly recommended! Great high-speed car music, too!

I'm really surprised by the incredible sound quality of this. Definitely sounds Black Mages inspired. It's a lot cleaner than anything the Black Mages did, too. Being a drummer since 1999, I must say the drum sequencing is quite believable. Great job on the guitar, especially the leads. The synths and bass are nicely sequenced, too .. but mostly the guitar adds to the studio quality factor. Highly recommended! Great high-speed car music, too!

thanks for the comments =)

one thing though, bass is not sequenced. (and neither are the mandolins) just so it's known

on another note, amazingly enough I don't like the black mages' work much at all honestly. even though I do see how the 'hunter's chance' part sounds like something they might do.

thanks for the comments =)

one thing though, bass is not sequenced. (and neither are the mandolins) just so it's known

on another note, amazingly enough I don't like the black mages' work much at all honestly. even though I do see how the 'hunter's chance' part sounds like something they might do.

I realize it now.. should have known the bass wasn't sequenced considering how GREAT it sounds :) The mandolin no less, either. And yeah, this is actually quite different than the Black Mages. The Black Mages sounds distinctly unrealistic, unlike Firecross. Again, great job 8)

Mandolins are the best part out of this high quality song. I like the melody that it plays, and such. What is that part a remix of?! I can't stop thinking about that part in the song. Aural blissssssssss. And I haven't seen one person really express how great that part is. Really sticks out, and has good structure from the first part of it to the second.

Mandolins are the best part out of this high quality song. I like the melody that it plays, and such. What is that part a remix of?! I can't stop thinking about that part in the song. Aural blissssssssss. And I haven't seen one person really express how great that part is. Really sticks out, and has good structure from the first part of it to the second.

mountain pass ~ conde petie (FFIX)

thanks =)

Heh.

Seeing that this was a multi-song mix, i rolled my eyes and thought, "Oh great, here comes another one that's gonan have a 1 minute or longer 'prelude' intro"

But, then i clicked it in my download manager, and instead of having the song take me by the hand and gently lead me into the arangement, it KICKED DOWN MY DOOR AND NAILED ME WITH A SHOTGUN TO THE FACE!

*ahem*, in otherwords, i was caught pleasently off-gaurd by it's suddeness... not that getting a shotgun to the face is pleasant, but.. well, okay, look, it was a bad analogy, okay?

I liked it... not gonna go into too much detil, but will say that i shouldn't have been surprised by the ending, but I was. "Hey, it's winding down... but there's over thirty seconds left, what... OH!"

I love this mix.

You're extremely talented.

If this ever finds its way into my car: speeding tickets.

In all seriousness, three cheers for Big Bridge/Gilgamesh. This is the ultimate rock version and I can't get enough. The transitions between pieces are handled very well and never take you out of the experience. The fanfare at the end is great and I'm so glad it wasn't a short mix, as many rock mixes tend to be. Great job, I'm sure you already know it but you ROCK!

I'm not a fan of medleys, but this one was a pleasant surprise. Like someone stated a few pages ago, this does not seem like a medley at all (at least if you don't know all the songs), but more like a stand-alone song.

The transitions do a very good job at keeping the mix going at high-speed, and the drums keep it pumping.

Since I really love fast music, this mix is simply wonderful in my opinion. Great job.

I don't envy anyone who lives in such a harried world that to them, Luiza is "a new face." New my foot, grumble, mutter, etc.

This song is pretty excellent. I recognize maybe half the tunes used in it, probably less, but that doesn't in any way prevent it from rocking the fuck out. Well played.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01515 - Final Fantasy V, I, Chrono Trigger, IX, VII & VIII "Fire Cross"