Ruthless by Amon Tobin Remix

Slamrarn

Hi, I've been working on a remix of Ruthless from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, planning to submit it to the judges, but I figured I should post it here for feedback too (I'm first-timer at OCR so I haven't really gotten into the swing of things). Feedback arrangement and mix-wise is great, and I'm pretty stumped when it comes to a title so suggestions would be appreciated!

UPDATED: 

OLD: 

Just now, Gario said:

Well, it sounds pretty good, but it's difficult to evaluate it for the panel if there's no link to the source. From a (very) quick glance, though, it sounded pretty solid, so nice work. We can't really eval it without a source link, though, and since it's a weekend I'm too lazy to find it myself. ;)

Thanks! Here's a link to the source, forgot to provide one: 

I also incorporated the strings and chords (the saw synth at the end) from this one, which is kind of the same source, but technically a different one: 

EVAL

Alrighty, the two sources you have seem well represented in the track - as far as I can tell, you're covered on that front.

This is a very interesting track, overall - the sounds that it incorporates throughout keep it interesting, even with that relentless texture. The strings are a little bit dry in comparison with the other instruments at 1:35. The other instruments seem to have a little reverb to them, so it makes the strings stick out, in comparison. The instrument (is it a cello?) that comes in as a sort of lead at 1:56 has a swell for every attack, which makes it sound a bit unnatural. Normally I hammer on that more, but in this case it actually works alright - probably due to the mix of synths and non-live instruments with the more "live" instruments. The mix is good - the elements that are up front are up front, while the background elements are... er, in the background.

If I see this on the panel, these are likely the things I'll comment on, though I'd still pass it. Nice work.

Why, thank you! I'll post an updated version with more polished strings (added a plate reverb most tracks had been using to basically every string instrument and beefed up the long notes in the lead viola with a very quiet staccato note at the beginning of each) and go ahead and submit it!