Secret of Mana - the Oracle

The Nikanoru

One of the most intimidating tracks I ever fought a boss to was this track from Secret of Mana.

I give you ... The Oracle by Hiroki Kikuta.

Very experimental for its time; this is kind of Downward Spiral-ish, very industrial, mostly based on percussion and synth. A VERY challenging song to remix, for sure; however, very dark and creepy and COOL track to work with.

Secret of Mana has been treated well here, but a gap remains for this track. Could someone please remix this track in all its awesomeness?

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact: that song is directly based on Kecak, the Balinese monkey chant. The rhythm is exactly the same, only faster, and the "kac" samples may have been taken from a real performance.

I thought of remaking it once with a more classical feel and part of part of the percussion replaced with anvils. XD

• 1 month later...

Very cool piece of info, thank you. I've listened to Kecak a couple of times now, and although I'm not sure they took the 'kacs' from a real performance, you can definitely hear the roots to the rhythm and sound.

If The Oracle was a monkey chant, those would be some damn evil monkeys. :)

Anvils on classical? Wouldn't be my first choice - anvils make me think industrial sounds - but it would be an interesting soundscape. I'd be interested in hearing that.