OCR03545 - *YES* Castlevania: Dracula X & Castlevania 2 (GB/NES) "The Bloodline Bounce"

Gario

Gario, here! I feel like I need to abuse my privilege for a bit, so suffer listening to my arrangement from the Castlevania compo at the beginning of this year. It's an arrangement of Beginning from CV3 and some plant area... thing from Castlevania 2 for the gameboy. I put in some Bloody Tears (Castlevania 2, NES) for good measure, as well. The original ReMix had issues having a very dull sound (no highs, lacking lows), and the organ tended to sound like a square wave, so I beefed the high end and gave the organ more space in the arrangement, and it sounds pretty awesome, now. It's pretty bouncy, by the way.

After giving it a pass in the WIP boards, I figure it's ready for submission. Have fun with it!

Sources:

(Note: I linked the Castlevania X version of 'Beginning' - it's the version I pulled most from, because it's just a better version...)

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/07/11 - Castlevania 3 & Castlevania 2 (GB/NES) 'The Bloodline Bounce'

Cool to hear this theme done in a such a bouncy style. Good use of the CV 2 GB and NES themes as the introductions to the Dracula X version of "Beginning." The textures were a bit busy for me personally, but the mixing was solid and the elements all sounded sharp. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I drink transformative tea. :-)

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2016/07/11 - (1Y) Castlevania: Dracula X & Castlevania 2 (GB/NES) 'The Bloodline Bounce'
  • 4 months later...

This was one of my favorites from the compo, although regarding that version, I did indeed have the same reservations about it that Gario called himself out on and fixed here.

I agree with Larry that it's a smidge busy at times (0:38 is an especially cluttered second or so), but as he said, everything is crisp and you can make everything out clearly.

Lots of fun, good use of the themes, classic Gario goodness.

YES

• 1 month later...

Alright this one has been sitting around here for quite some time, we should get some votes in.  I think this is classic Gario here, with plenty of embellishments added to the melodies, as well as splicing into more complex lead patterns.  I think the track gets a bit messy in its more busy sections, somewhat heavy on the highs in those as well, but overall this is a solid remix.  It's not that easy to bring new things to tracks that have been remixed by everybody on the internet, but I think Gario does a good job at that here.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2016/07/11 - (3Y) Castlevania: Dracula X & Castlevania 2 (GB/NES) 'The Bloodline Bounce'
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03545 - *YES* Castlevania: Dracula X & Castlevania 2 (GB/NES) "The Bloodline Bounce"
  • DragonAvenger locked this topic