OCR03388 - Xenogears "Aveh Mountain Breakdown"

Liontamer

Thanks for the glowing review, DJP... and I still love listening to your old bluegrass-caricature remix of the Bubble Bobble theme. :-)

I feel like pointing out that, although this is my 5th posted remix, it was the first one I ever submitted to OCR.  In other words, my apologies to all if the production is a little rough!

Significant props for working outside the norm without this song being just about an unexpected arrangement - the remix is really unique AND enjoyable! The remix just gets better as it goes along, with the quiet around 1:35 and the entire 2:00-2:30 sections being especially good. I'd like to also comment that this has got a lot of bluegrass without drowning me in it, which could have easily happened. A remix where not just the execution should be lauded, but the design and forethought as well. Great work!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 4:44 PM, docnano said:

Thanks for the glowing review, DJP... and I still love listening to your old bluegrass-caricature remix of the Bubble Bobble theme. :-)

I feel like pointing out that, although this is my 5th posted remix, it was the first one I ever submitted to OCR.  In other words, my apologies to all if the production is a little rough!

"C'mon, Bubba, let's play some Bubble Bobble! Yeehaw!" :-D

I still listen to that one as well.

As opposed to that remix... this Aveh bluegrass remix has speed and yet still maintains a delicate touch on all the instruments.  I love it! Amazing work!