Sytrus -now $109!!! LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!!!

For those of you who don't yet have this awesome and already reasonably-priced synth plugin, now's the time to get it.

Here's the way the group buy works. Register and head over to the "looptalk" forum under the thread Sytrus Group Buy, and sign up by sending an email to the FL admins with your name, email, and home adress. Basically, the more people sign up to buy it by October 31st, the lower the price. Here's the rundown:

The more people sign up the lower the final price will be. This Group Buy ends the 31st of October 2006.

Here's how they broke it down on the forums:

Number Of Users

0-9 Users - Price = $179

10-29 Users - Price = $159

30-49 Users - Price = $149

50-79 Users - Price = $139

80-99 Users - Price = $129 <---Current Price

100-149 Users - Price =$109

150-199 Users - Price = $99

200-999 Users - Price = $79

Surely there's some people like me (aka, poor) who can certainly take advantage of this. Now get to it :)

Let me just say this... Sytrus rules. It's such an underappreciated synth but it's massively powerful. It can put out the sickest VA-style sounds (massive trance synths and leads for example), but also crazy wavetable/FM/additive stuff. Great filters, great unison, very high sound quality because of draft/rendering oversampling. I can't recommend it enough.

I already own the sytrus plugin and let me say wow on 2 accounts. OK that's a great deal if you can get it for $79! And you can basically make "anything" with this plugin.

Go download the fl studio demo and play around with sytrus. You can literally make an entire song using just that plugin, it's one of the most diverse plugins I have ever used.

There's another group buy? Nice. I hit up the one last year... got a great synth for a great deal.

Let me just say this... Sytrus rules. It's such an underappreciated synth but it's massively powerful. It can put out the sickest VA-style sounds (massive trance synths and leads for example), but also crazy wavetable/FM/additive stuff. Great filters, great unison, very high sound quality because of draft/rendering oversampling. I can't recommend it enough.

^^^ what this guy said. :D I think it's definitely on par w/ the other heavy hitters in this category.

Is this for the native plug, or is it vst for everybody yay?
It is also avalible in VSTi/DXi format.

yep, what he said. I realize the title of this thread is a little misleading.

It is a really nice synth, but its also a CPU whore.

not necessarily. It can be, but hell. I've seen people run a CPU upto %100 with just a 3osc and a couple effects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got Styrus for a very reasonable price as part of one of the previous group buys, and I have had it for some time now and haven't begun to scratch the surface. There are a bazillion presets too, so it's very beginner-level friendly. I knew it for its FM sounds, but when I started going through all the presets I was amazed at the breadth of this synth...

It is a really nice synth, but its also a CPU whore.

not necessarily. It can be, but hell. I've seen people run a CPU upto %100 with just a 3osc and a couple effects.

Their computers must have sucked ass =o

Even one 3xOsc and a couple of CPU killing effects would probably drive my CPU to maybe 60. I need duel-core =(

And yes, restating the fact that sytrus is great, and if you haven't gotten it already, you should get it now.