OCR01518 - Final Fantasy X "How Much Longer"

djpretzel

I was enjoying some nice coffee and saw that there was a new mix, and with the sun shining and my nice cup'o java and this song, my morning is made.

I love simple emotive pieces like this, reminds me of Vig's MGS mix being the solo guitars. Michael and Reuben Kee should get together and do a piano/guitar mix omg...

This is plain awesome, I can't say enough about the performance, excellente. Pixietricks got my hopes up with all of her ranting and raving, and damnit she was right.

I def hope to hear more from Michael.

I have to reiterate: beautiful guitar work. It's reflective, original, and is certainly what I need on a chill sunday morning. It would also be useful to help me drift off to sleep after a busy day. I get this beautiful image of a sleepy pond in the middle of the woods with rays of sun shining through the trees or rather, images from the past, good memories...bottom line, this piece is wonderful and has the ability to touch all. Good work! Keep these coming and never stop strumming!

Such beautiful acoustic guitars, I'm in ave. It's so relaxing, I can almost feel all the tensions in my body melt while listening to this. I recognize the themes being used from FF7 and 10, started off with a calm yet sad melody and then gradually changed into a more italian feel. Makes me think of summer, which makes me sad since winter has just begun. ;_;

It's wonderful, *sniff*, thanks tekcoh top.

If you can appreciate this kind of music then this song is pretty impossible to hate.

I really appreciate this kind of music. A million more like it please.

I won't lie; I have fantasized about producing something of this quality. I'll say it before anyone else does; if there's anything resembling it's notation kicking around , tab, sheet music, chords, w/e... I would love to see it. I'll record a YouTube fan video one day maybe.

Not precisely what I was expecting right here... especially from the title. Oh well... guess it's true what they say, "You can't judge a book by its cover."

Now then... I think some of my words are going to come from personal preferences, but I do find that there's plenty of things to note on about this remix. Although it's true that the guitar work was quite nice... there was one glaring error that was driving me nuts... the remix was FAR too quiet. I had to literally turn my laptop speakers up to max in order to hear it clearly... and there was no other noise around me either. This makes the song effectively useless in any of my playlists because of the severe volume mis-balance. That was probably my biggest beef with the song.

Another thing was, now this is probably more personal preference than anything, that I found the song very boring after awhile. It didn't seem like anything particularly new was being done after the first minute or two to the point where I was thinking "how much longer" was it going to go on? This mixed, once again, with the low volume level made the piece sound incredibly empty.

I can't help but be critical on this remix because it just did not sit well with me. The arrangement is good, but I think it could've been far better with maybe one more instrument and a severe volume boost. I can't really recommend this to anyone, it just feels like it needs a lot more work on finishing touches.

Excellent mix! The sound is very warm and rich even if it's very soft. I personally didn't have much trouble hearing andything, but it is a realtively quiet piece.

Guitar sounds professional (maybe Michael is? What secrets are you hiding from me?)

For someone who honestly hasn't listened to any remixes in a while, this mix was a superb place to start again.

Lots of stuff.
Get a load of moody upstairs :?.

Yeah; no kidding. If you want the mp3 to be louder you know what you can do? You can open the mp3 in Audacity or any other free piece of editting software, turn up the volume, and save/overwrite it. Problem (for you) solved.

I'll agree it's perhaps a little quieter than it needs to be, but have you ever owned an album of classical guitar music? It's par for the course. Certain styles of tracks are softer than others... similarly, if you ever buy a gabber or hardcore album you'll likely have to turn the music down to keep it from peaking/distorting on your laptop speakers. It's for this reason that I accept that leaving my 'Everything' playlist on random will have require a very flexible volume setting.

But perhaps the most disturbing line you said was that you 'can't really recommend this to anyone,' because of these issues. I feel this is especially harsh considering both how high it is in quality and atypical it is in genre.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. No more words need be said about it.

• 5 months later...

I've always thought highly of OCRemix.com, and the quality of the songs on here, ever since I first listened to a selection kindly provided by a friend who sent me the downloaded tunes over MSN; I soon began to look regularly to see if there were any new Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts remixes on the site. I must say, this is one of the best I've heard so far.

I'm really sorry if I've broken copyright, but I took it upon myself (just last night, in fact) to create a music video, a tribute to The Eternal Calm, which I named 'Peace' - the music in the video was 'How Much Longer', and I feel that this is a brilliant way to make sure great songs like this get out into the world where people who wouldn't normally have done so actually have the chance to listen to this totally awsome song.

If anybody is interested in watching the video, it's on Youtube (search 'crispymongoose') and Myspace (search 'Trivun'). However, I don't see the video as ever being able to compare with the sheer intensity of feeling of listening to this beautiful tune for the first time.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01518 - Final Fantasy X "How Much Longer"