All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

you wanna talk about a game that is freaking impossible' date=' try Gauntlet 2 for NES, one of the hardest games ever...[/quote']

It never ended!!! NEVER!!! I wasted years with the game on and a second player to beat that game! Never did I succeed.

Also, the last guy from 'Vagrant Story' was nigh-impossible. My alignments must've been wrong, and my chains were never enough... In the end, 1 hit would always kill me and I didn't beat him until one day I was so drunk and stoned that I didn't care anymore and got really lucky with a 21-hit chain with the damn Executioner's Sword that I later renamed 'Strike from the Heart.'

Ah, I hated that.

Although I said Giygas was the hardest boss, I wasn't thinking. Yeah, he's hard...but how insanely hard can he really be? I beat the game, after all, without even breaking a sweat. So I take it back. Giygas isn't the hardest boss I've ever encountered.

Lavos is. Through sheer length of battle, Lavos is the hardest boss I've yet encountered...though this may change :mrgreen:

I know he's not the hardest boss, but Juno, from Mega Man Legends, is the most annoying. I had nightmares of circling around that bozo shooting at him. Sometimes it's better to have a sidescrolling game than a 3D one...

Goenitz from King of Fighters 96. No fighting game boss has yet to even reach his level of pure, ridiculous cheapness. (Justice from Guilty Gear is second, but not close by far)

And the multiple boss fight in Gradius III. Not the SNES version but the Arcade version. OMFG. I never did beat the arcade one...

It never ended!!! NEVER!!! I wasted years with the game on and a second player to beat that game! Never did I succeed.

Yeah, apparently there are like a couple hundred levels to that crap, I never finished it once. I don't think there is a person in the world that ever saw the end to that game, and if they did, they are probably dead. Nintendo probably put a hit on 'em so no one would ever be able to talk about the end of that game.

you wanna talk about a game that is freaking impossible' date=' try Gauntlet 2 for NES, one of the hardest games ever...[/quote']

When I was younger, I played Gauntlet 2 for about 4 hours once... I got to level 254 or something, and that's when I decided that it was unbeatable, especially after levels began to repeat themselves.

There was this dragon thing that you were supposed to kill, and it just shot fireballs and stuff at you, I eventually learned that I could stay far enough away to the point where it couldn't hit me, but I could hit it, and I killed it just like that. The announcer dude would say something like "I've not seen such bravery!" or something, and the points would start racking up.

has to be Ridley of Super Metroid. Whenever I got up to him, my super missles were mostly gone and there were no nearby missle tanks or easy enemies. NEVER could I get him past being slightly redder than he was, before all of my life was gone... until finally, after having fought him for several hours, on my 30th try, I just let loose everything I had, didn't use any strategy. I just screw-jumpped around like a mad man, every now and then shooting missles, until I came to a point where I was just mashing the Fire button as fast as I could, until he finally died. I beat him with like 17 energy on my reserve tank.

i had alot of trouble with dario in CC. i guess i wasn't leveled up as high as i should have been. the second time was much easier. thank you newgame+!

all you hadta do waz steal black plate from the black dragon and equip serge with it. Theres almost no way he could die because dario's physical attacks werent THAT powerful <granted he could drain your health pretty good, but with black plate, his elemental attacks just heal you :D >

edit: verb tense problems...

Another thing: dont smack him wiff While elements. Dont even look at your white elements. Just lay the physical beatdown on him thick and heavy and use greens to heal.

Another BAB (Bad Arse Boss)-

Marion from Double Dragon 3. Any dissagreements? ^_^

OMG... no one here has dealt with the insanity that is Justice from Guilty Gear or the final form of I-No on GGX2, have they? >.o Absolute humilitation.

Also, Uber Soldat from RtCW is another one of my non-faves. ^.^

~Fyreseel

Well, I agree that Justice and I-no were pretty tough, but those guys are LOWER TIER compared to the King of Fighters bosses.

I dare anybody to say that Igniz is an easy boss. I DARE YOU :?

Ino from GGX2 is kind of hard, but once you know her pattern she's pretty easy actually. You just can't rush in like you normally can, she's designed to counter that. She doesn't take hits very well I noticed.

Justice has just ...no. No pattern, no nothing. just lightning quick reflexes and execution on moves, no mercy, abuse of the instant kill, counters, super speed, did I say no sense of mercy? Justice was just chaos unleashed on you, (But once you got the hang of just how abusable Sol's dashing HS was, the rushing flaming kick he doesn't have anymore, nothing could withstand that.) still no match for Goenitz though...

I forgot about Ridley, he was actually pretty tough in Super. Very little pattern to follow, it mostly depended on your reflexes and how much you could last really.

Oh, lets not forget Nightmare in Devil may Cry, on Dante Must Die. Annoyance level like, infinity.

Oh, lets not forget Nightmare in Devil may Cry, on Dante Must Die. Annoyance level like, infinity.

Any part of devil may cry on dante must die is hell. anyone who can finish that game without cheating on that mode deserves a medal.

Oh I passed Dante Must Die, but it wasn't easy. The whole game strategy is to basically survive till you get enough power to use your Devil Trigger (I HIGHLY suggest you get as many devil stars as you can on previous difficulties) use your devil trigger to its fullest power and advantage, then when it runs out survive till you get enough power to use it again, then repeat. The whole game was bascially to try to get to devil trigger. ONLY way to survive....o.O; My god it was hard. DMC2 was nothing compared to this madness..

It took me 2 tries to get Ridley, he was definitely tough but if you were fast enough on the reflexes you could rough it.

probably said a dozen times, but...

i would have to say the 2nd hardest was the weapon (forget name, omega?) on the last stage of ff8... he was a bitch and you didn't get crap, but it was worth it if you actually beat him.. sheer joy from beating such a bastard

hardest would be omni (right name? sphere boss) on ff9... sonuva, he was evil... beat him after the 5th try or so, geez.. it takes pure luck really

I played this rom of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Unreleased sequel to Secret of Mana). Whoever programmed that rom must have thought they were real funny. Near the end, I couldn't beat this Black Knight boss to save my life. And whenever I cheated and beat him the game froze. Only boss I never beat... :(

Dude! Darkshine Knight is easy! Did you class change the second time? He's weak against fire, use Fire Sabers if you have them.

And, get this, HE'S NOT THE LAST BOSS. There's another final dungeon, and two stronger bosses.

I think my hardest boss is the Dragon Emporer from Seiken Densetsu 3. I used Deadly Weapon to cut his maximum HP by 1/5. It did 11,000 damage. He beat my ass down. I killed him eventually, though.

No! Scratch that. The Black Rabite from Seiken Densetsu 3. If you cast a dark spell, he'll counter by summoning a LEVEL 99 ENEMY against you.

Uh. The last boss in Snake Rattle N' Roll. It's a foot that jumps around the summit of a mountain.. Yes, a foot. No matter how much you lick it, it will not die. I never finished the game.

Yes, that game was wierd. (and had kwel music).

Spramloves.gif

Chh... not even close to toughest. In fact, as mediocre as it gets.

My vote for most unfair last boss goes to Shadow Warrior. Haven't tried it that much since it had a feature of superduper-unfairness that made you try it from the beginning of that entire world if you lost the match. And in addition, when you had beat the first part from it that already seemed nearly impossible, there was the second twice as impossible part left to beat.

(or this is how I remember it)

another impossible game for you' date=' Super Ghosts and Ghouls for SNES, that game was also freaking impossible, I don't think i ever even beat the first level.[/quote']

It's quite difficult, but I played till it said that I'd have to find a key from a previous level to get further... Cheese...

anyhoo, difficult or not, the question was about bosses.

When I was younger, I played Gauntlet 2 for about 4 hours once... I got to level 254 or something, and that's when I decided that it was unbeatable, especially after levels began to repeat themselves.

What if there were 255 levels (11111111 in binary)? :P

(255 was the maximum in rupees in Zelda 1)