All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Not sure if there bosses... But In FFX, some of the feinds from the arena in the calm lands are near impossible....

All the monsters that he's created himself are nearly impossible. Sure, a couple of laps around the Sphere grid should do the trick, or pay Yojimbo 1 000 000 000 gil, but otherwise they'll crush you, hard.

I-No from Guilty Gear XX has always given me a bitch of a time. To this day the only person I can beat her with is Sol. In the same vein, Gold Dizzy and Justice from the missions mode are nigh impossible to beat.

Death from the Castlevania series as a whole has always been rather difficult. It just varied in degrees of difficulty which each game. Obviously Death from the original CV was an absolute bitch if you didn't figure out the way to trap him in the corner with triple shot holy water. Death from Lament of Innocence gave me one hell of a time until I figured things out on my umteenth try.

heh. Fighting him wasn't as hard as making it to the top of the department store without getting killed by the scalding hot coffee cups, rotating record discs and electric guitars. Damn, those coffee cups were evil!

the records were really evil too...they had psi thunder that hit everyone. franklin badge would deflect it...and they would deflect back! DAMN!

the coffee cup scald attack was mean too...i always beat the mook in the first try...but took 30 tries to get up there

the records were really evil too...they had psi thunder that hit everyone. franklin badge would deflect it...and they would deflect back! DAMN!

the coffee cup scald attack was mean too...i always beat the mook in the first try...but took 30 tries to get up there

Same story. For me, that was really the only place in EB that the level of enemy strength was outrageously disproportionate to your strength. It was simple enough to nuke the boss at the top with a couple of rockets - but those darn cups of coffee!:mad:

only a matter of patience, levels, and fury/aura settings which is a bit boring, like many of the optional bosses you can find in RPG these last years...

You should try out some SMT. I just recently found and started up a game of Nocturne, lookin forward to gettin all the possible goodies in the game. DDS1&2 and the recent Devil Summoner title left me with the utmost respect for both the line of games and in particular Kaneko Kazuma (artist) and Shoji Meguro (oh lord yes the music, why no remixes at ocr..=(..why).

For some reason in DDS1 I had a rough time with Dragon Vasuki at the bottom of the final dungeon tower. While my ice drains were constantly up, she kept getting lucky with random panics on my party members which ruined the rhythm of damage output and keeping shields up.

In DDS2 I had a really rough time with Asura Ravana at the end of the fifth layer of the sun. He was just so damn strong, and the random -dyne level nukes kept disrupting my plan of having Phys drain up. Surprisingly Yaksa Meganada and the final boss were a breeze after that.

I'm hoping after I finish with Nocturne I plan on goin through DDS1 & 2 again, but this time attempting the "demi fiend" optional fight in DDS1 since I'll be on a new cycle. Now the demi-fiend I have heard is just impossible...

Also, a rough spot in a game in general, bosses and random encounters included, was the Cave of Trials in post game SO2. I only ever got to level 7 in it, my characters were all around lvl 140 or so and all hp/mp/skills maxed so most of my progress at that point was luck.

Carnage from Maximum Carnage. Can't remember if I said it already, but he has huge health and the hitbox for his main attack is like a quarter of the screen. Almost beat him once. But almost is useless! haha

A good deal of the bosses in that game were ridiculous. Having four boss-type enemies on the screen at once is a big enough pain when they don't shoot all the way across the screen/fly around on a glider/float up behind you and suck your brain out/be Carnage.

Lavos in Chrono Trigger, at the ocean palace, the first time through. You're basically killed on his first attack, but it's possible to beat him there, I think. Pretty much impossible on the first run through though :P

EDIT: Wait, was it the ocean palace? I'm pretty sure they'd moved the Mammon machine to the ocean palace.

I could never beat the last boss in Puss 'n Boots, Pero's Great Adventure. Then again, I could never tell what the hell was going on.

Death from the Castlevania series as a whole has always been rather difficult. It just varied in degrees of difficulty which each game. Obviously Death from the original CV was an absolute bitch if you didn't figure out the way to trap him in the corner with triple shot holy water. Death from Lament of Innocence gave me one hell of a time until I figured things out on my umteenth try.

The most challenging Death for me was Death from Castlevania 3. He easily took me more tries than in any other game. Death in cv1 is probably equally difficult w/out the double or triple shot, but at least you know there is an easy way around it if need be.

I don't really enjoy older games as much anymore and because of that I have forgoten most bosses, although there is hope, newer games which I play frequently.

Gears of War:

Boss: General Ram

Difficulty to play on: Insane

Difficulty level: Practically impossible alone and even sometimes with a partner.

the Joker from the original Batman on NES. I never beat him... :(

lol, same here ! :)

You should try out some SMT.

If you're talking about Shin Megami Tensei, yup, I still need to follow the advice of some good friends and play them. But as I just recently finished 100% Final Fantasy XII and Valkyrie Profile 2, I'm a bit fed up with RPG for a moment...

Also, a rough spot in a game in general, bosses and random encounters included, was the Cave of Trials in post game SO2. I only ever got to level 7 in it, my characters were all around lvl 140 or so and all hp/mp/skills maxed so most of my progress at that point was luck.

lol, if level 7 is the one with robot spiders, then I understand ; if it isn't, then you haven't seen the worst. But it's funny that you mentionned that game, because actually, put aside what I said in my last post, I must confess that the fight with Iseria Queen on Universe Mode (need at least lv220 if you hope to stand a chance) was the most stressful battle I ever had, even if it lasted "only" 1 hour or so, you ended up every 2 minutes with suddenly one char dead, two stoned, and the remaining one with 1'000 or 2'000 HP. And with the battle system of the Star Ocean series and the incredible speed of Iseria Queen, you find yourself asking, hmmm, what is the right choice now....? ;)

Ooh speaking of Valkyrie Profile, have you played the original? I remember the dragon Bloodbane near the end I played over and over again but he kept complete healing himself. Then I realized if I just debuffed his defenses and increased my party's attack power then I was able to take him out.

That also just reminded me of Legend of Legaia. I honestly never beat that game cause the last boss utterly dominated me. I love the game to death, it was one of the first rpgs I bought for the playstation back in the day, but it was so difficult...

I fought Gilgamesh on FF12 at level 60. took me 45 minutes or so and was freaking hard. dang near had me at the end. He had one move that would kill all my guys except one, and he had to have bubble and be at full hp to survive.

On another note, I don't know if this has been covered or not, but pretty much all the bosses on Blaster Master were freaking hard... unless you used the grenade and pause trick. But that doesn't work on all of them so you just have to deal on those ones.

Ooh speaking of Valkyrie Profile, have you played the original?

of course, in that case, it doens't make any sense to play ep2 if you didn't play the 1, there are so many important links.

But about Bloodbane, I really had no problem at all, cause I remember I had found some bitchy technique that made the whole game really too easy, even on hard mode. I even remember I let the fight last on purpose because I wanted to get all the voices, lol

For Legend of Legaia, I don't know, I never played it.

I fought Gilgamesh on FF12 at level 60. took me 45 minutes or so and was freaking hard. dang near had me at the end. He had one move that would kill all my guys except one, and he had to have bubble and be at full hp to survive.

then wait till you fight Omega Weapon Mk XII, even with Bubble, and Protect, and whatever, 2 (sometimes 3) hits normal attack = dead :lol:

The most challenging Death for me was Death from Castlevania 3. He easily took me more tries than in any other game. Death in cv1 is probably equally difficult w/out the double or triple shot' date=' but at least you know there is an easy way around it if need be.[/quote']

I hear that. I was so excited when I beat his first form only to have HUGE SKULL fly around the room and kill me. That shit sucked.

Also Berserker from Legend of Legaia still is the hardest boss in that game in my opinion.

then wait till you fight Omega Weapon Mk XII, even with Bubble, and Protect, and whatever, 2 (sometimes 3) hits normal attack = dead :lol:

I heard of him. I still think it would be easier than Gilgamesh with me and my limited spells and crap. I had no -ga spells. All just single ones. With Omega, at least you could have every spell at your command, and lots of good weapons and to boot. I knew Gilgamesh had lots of good stuff on him so I decided to go for the kill a little early. I know what you mean though. My bro said that battle took him 2 hours or so. I don't even have that much consecutive time for games anymore.

That also just reminded me of Legend of Legaia. I honestly never beat that game cause the last boss utterly dominated me. I love the game to death, it was one of the first rpgs I bought for the playstation back in the day, but it was so difficult...

That's odd... He didn't give me nearly as much trouble as the other bosses in the game. The problem with it was that the bosses tended to have patterns, where they'd use a super-special attack on a certain turn every time, and you had to defend so the damage would be less-than-lethal.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you love bosses that at first seem defeated, only to come back in a far larger, and nastier form? I found just such a boss, in a PC game called The I of the Dragon.

I can't remember this thing's name, partly because I missed the cinema mentioning it, and made a save after said cinema. But basically, it's a big evil looking thing (kind of like a Diablo knockoff) who terrorized the world before and came back to try it again.

You fight him the first time in the final "normal" land of the game. You pound on him, your town pounds on him, and he goes down without too much trouble. Then you learn that he escaped to some other place, and to truly defeat him, you must follow him. So, off you go.

At first, there's a battle cinema, and this completely decides how strong the boss is going to be. If his troops beat your troops, he won't be as strong as he would be if your troops won, and he had to kill them off. This battle is completely random, which make getting ready pretty tough... especially since if your troops win, he gets seriously stronger killing them off before turning on you.

His attacks are semi-varied. One, is a projectile that follows you like a heat seeking missile. It does a lot of damage if it hits you, and it only takes about three to kill you. Another attack, is also a projectile, but this one explodes on contact, and bombards the area with lightning blasts for about ten seconds. These too, do a lot of damage. Another attack, involves him literally destroying any ground you might be hiding behind... which makes the concept of a safe spot impossible.

If he has other attacks, I don't know. Those three are all he needed to kick my ass quickly. And if you try to summon troops or monsters to your aid, he kills them in about two hits as well, then returns to hunting you down. Oh, and I forgot to mention, he heals very quickly. But since you can't do any kind of steady attacks, this makes doing any real damage nearly impossible. Why? Because even if you hit him with a big spell, by the time you cast it, you're already nearly dead. This means you have to flee, heal, and come back... by which time, he's all better too.

It basically looks like an impossible to win fight. His spells do serious damage, he heals quickly, and any shots you get in are basically inconsequential... especially if he had to beat your troops. Even SNK bosses seem fair compared to this.