All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

i dunno

if anyones said this

(i dont have time to actulaly go read thru all 64 pages -_-

What do you mean. Its only been over a year in the making of this monster thread.

What about the ghosts of pacman, in the later levels they get pretty hardcore.

I found it odd that M.Bison in streetfighter was hardly as hard as blanka on 8 stars. I mean blank could could move anyway practically invincibly whenever he wants, so whenever you tried to do anything the game would just say 'Nah, I don't think so" and he'd slog you in the head. Bitch.

anyone here played wild arms 3??? the boss from that dungeon is truly GAY!!! im tokking about the abyss. the damn dungeon took me 4 hr of non stop playing to reach the boss after which i took 1 full hr to kill him. to top it off he attacks u again with twice the hp when u try to leave the dungeon. oh yah did i mentionn that u cannot save throughout the entire process??? hehe it was a mind numbing but rewarding 7 straight hrs.

I know this is kind of cheating, but I found Starship Hector for the NES to be incredibly hard EXCEPT for the bosses, which were almost pitifully easy.

Hardest RPG battle, I'd say goes to Vendetta + Snake woman in Xenogears. The one on Disk 2 after the 2nd or 3rd Anima dungeon. Even harder than Deus, I think.

Wait, I take it back. For an RPG, I'd say Egg Dragon in Lufia II, MAN that guy was a bitch. And he was an OPTIONAL boss. Harder than even the last boss.

Now that I think about it, that guy in FFIX that was a giant globe was pretty damn tough. Optional boss again... I'm seeing a trend here...

Hmm... Seiken Densetsu 3's OPTIONAL BOSS OF THE BLACK RABITE WAS FUCKING TOUGH. What is it with optional bosses in RPGs?

Culex in Super Mario RPG... dare I say it? The optional boss.

Mizar in Jet Force Gemini was really tough until I learned to dodge his lightning, but I must say, for today's games, he's quite the formiddable foe. Oh, and having 90 rockets helped avoid a shortage(45 Tri rocket/45 Homing missiles). Unfortunately, this guy was not optional.

I found it odd that M.Bison in streetfighter was hardly as hard as blanka on 8 stars. I mean blank could could move anyway practically invincibly whenever he wants, so whenever you tried to do anything the game would just say 'Nah, I don't think so" and he'd slog you in the head. Bitch.

True, sad but true.

Hey, as i had mentioned in another thread, if you want an impossible boss, the last boss in the cabinet (arcade style) game terminator 2. Ive watched people waste tens of dollars attacking him, only to find that the creators had made the boss invincible so as to suck your quarters dry. But that is also a cheap arcade game.

As for most difficult boss, try the final boss from Shinobi from ps2. To quote from a faq i found for the game, this boss can be best described as the "The video game embodiment of Murphy's Law: What can go wrong, will, at the worst possible time. And then he'll laugh and do it again. To beat him, you had to change your stretegy totally, and spend every waking moment just trying to stay alive for the minute chance of actually hitting him.

By the way Zrexe, are you talking about Ragu O' Ragla? Yeah, hes a cock sucker alright, but he is in every Wild Arms game. He's like Ruby Weapon in FF7, Omega Weapon in FF8, or Indalecio Celesta in Star Ocean 2; the final kick in the ass for those of us who must beat the game completely.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. This boss is a bit... odd.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat II for a while... quite a few years actually. I own quite a few versions of the game. The Genesis version, the Saturn version (shame about the voice samples, considering the graphics ARE the arcade version and the music is damn nice), the 32X version... and the version in question, the SNES version.

See, Shoa Kahn is a push over in every Sega version. A simple jump over him, and kick him in the back again and again and he goes down. Simple. But the SNES version of Shoa Kahn? Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh... no.

I've tried the pattern of old on the Sega systems, but it's doesn't work... at all. I tried the old foot sweep trick, and that doesn't work. We all know his attacks'll kill your ass in three, maybe four attacks. So, you can't screw up too many times. Even blocking is a pointless venture as he atacks again before you're even done recovering from blocking the previous hit. Scorpions spear works from time to time, but after one, maybe two hits, Kahn blocks it constantly. I've had my ass handed to me so many times by the SNES version of Shoa Kahn, it's sad. Kintaro is a complete puss compared to Kahn.

I've beaten the game, but in truth, I've yet to find a reliable way to consistantly beat Shoa Kahn in the SNES version. Not a fair fight... at all.

Okay. This boss is a bit... odd.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat II for a while... quite a few years actually. I own quite a few versions of the game. The Genesis version, the Saturn version (shame about the voice samples, considering the graphics ARE the arcade version and the music is damn nice), the 32X version... and the version in question, the SNES version.

See, Shoa Kahn is a push over in every Sega version. A simple jump over him, and kick him in the back again and again and he goes down. Simple. But the SNES version of Shoa Kahn? Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh... no.

I've tried the pattern of old on the Sega systems, but it's doesn't work... at all. I tried the old foot sweep trick, and that doesn't work. We all know his attacks'll kill your ass in three, maybe four attacks. So, you can't screw up too many times. Even blocking is a pointless venture as he atacks again before you're even done recovering from blocking the previous hit. Scorpions spear works from time to time, but after one, maybe two hits, Kahn blocks it constantly. I've had my ass handed to me so many times by the SNES version of Shoa Kahn, it's sad. Kintaro is a complete puss compared to Kahn.

I've beaten the game, but in truth, I've yet to find a reliable way to consistantly beat Shoa Kahn in the SNES version. Not a fair fight... at all.

Kintaro? 8O I personally thought Kintaro was the toughest mutha I've ever fought in an SNES fighting game..

There's a sorta-reliable trick to defeating Shao Kahn in MK2.

What you do is..

-In the beginning of the fight, backflip to the far left corner (or far right if you are using the 2nd player controls).

-Once you're in the corner, immediately crouch-block.

-Let Shao Kahn shoulder-charge you

-Uppercut him as fast as you can.

If for any reason you get pulled out of the corner, you simply need to go there again then uppercut Shao Kahn until he's finished. Just remember the crouch-block though. That's imperative.

Unless of course, Shao does one of his kick/punch combos on you.. then you're screwed. No matter what you do :?

I don't know if this counts, but the last level in Advance Wars is ruining me. Of course it doesn't help that I'm no good at this kind of game anyway...

The previous battle took me 72 days before I reigned victorious. And this one... damn. I'm looking up some strategies, but they're not making any sense to me at all. And this guy keeps swooping in and making all my little things blow up. I hate him. And yet, I cannot stop playing.

There is such sorrow in this world.

i had mortal kombat 2 for snes when i was younger, and id get my ass whooped on normal difficulty, id be slaughtered on hard. of course recently ive seen people talking about how to go through this game, always talking about tactics like "just crouch against such and such and punch, they walk right into it, then with such and such, jump over them and sweep through the whole match". i dont think a fighting game should require you to use such cheap crap to win, it should be a FIGHT. either way, to this day i cant even get past like, the first two guys on hard setting in mk2. i think of myself as a decent player of games, and so its always baffled me how anyone could possibly beat that.

recently ive been able to go through street fighter 2 (snes, and not super or turbo) on the hardest setting without getting beaten once, not even just a battle, up to bison. then he might beat me once or twice, but id win eventually. so what kind of maniac do i have to be to get through one of those old mk games?

I don't know if this counts, but the last level in Advance Wars is ruining me. Of course it doesn't help that I'm no good at this kind of game anyway...

The previous battle took me 72 days before I reigned victorious. And this one... damn. I'm looking up some strategies, but they're not making any sense to me at all. And this guy keeps swooping in and making all my little things blow up. I hate him. And yet, I cannot stop playing.

There is such sorrow in this world.

That's not that bad.. I'm pretty good at strategy games but it took me about 60 days to beat that one.. I just forsook strategy and let Sami (if you have Sami in the battle. probably did), send as many infantry up wards so they distracted the bombers and heavy tanks. You need to do a lot of baiting and not actual fighting.. of course, you need to fight when it comes down to it..

Hardest boss eh? Well I could be a n00b and say Mundus on DMD or Ruby Weapon, but then there was Dr. Wily in Megaman 7. Considering Megaman had the mobility of a turtle when compared to X, this was damn near impossible.

I really don't know what the hardest boss I've ever beaten was, but some that come to mind:

Sonia - the final boss of Equinox

The Great Commander's second form on Venom - Third Path of Star Fox

Mephisto - the final boss of Alundra 2

The Reptilicus Maximus boss of Alundra

Saradiart - Final boss of Toxa's quest in Kartia

Giant Exodus Spaceship in Journey to Silius

Jaquio in Ninja Gaiden (if you don't use a special weapon)

Dracula - final boss of Castlevania 3

The crab in Blaster Master (if your gun is not powered-up)

Gruntilda - Final boss of Banjo-Kazooie

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm hardest boss eh? i could say the last wily form in rockman and forte (Mega man 9) while being mega man is completely impossible. bass has a double jump which u can reach him whilehes at the top of the screen but megaman cant.....god i almost broke my computer from the frustration that that rom caused me!!!

another worthy candidate is ultimate rugal in Capcom Vs. SNK2 on maximum diffulculty!! the guy was hard even on the lowest difficulty but on the highest i deem it downright impossible!!!!

This one's easy. Has anyone here played Saga Frontier 2? Okay. Has anyone here actually beat Saga Frontier 2? The last boss is friggin impossible...

You have a valid point... My neigbor cheated and still couldn't beat it... Highest stats allowed in every category on every character, every magic spell, and infinite itmes... Lost. 3 times.

The hardest boss ever has to be either the giant robot at the end of Mystical Ninja Goeman for the N64 or bowser in Luigi's Mansion.

...oh ya to all the pushovers who can't beat the Atma weapon casting vanish on him followed by doom usually will kill him. I said usually not always.

luigis mansion? the hardest part of that game was coming to terms with the fact that you waisted 50 friggen dollars on it. compared to that life-altering realization, bowser was a fruitcake. i think i posted in here earlier, but whatever i said was wrong. the hardest boss was from a lousy game called xardion. i dont remember which one, but i remember almost being in tears over it. actually, that whole game blows. urg, i am angry today....