All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

chrono26 is right,

The Spiderboss in MP2 was the hardest Metroid boss EVA!!!

It took me weeks to bring him down, and thats after i gave up around a month before. Then the ING last boss was very hard too, but not as hard as the spider.

Also, there was a secret boss in FFVIII that was so stupidly hard, no one is my neighborhood ever beat it.

PS: I cant remove the freaking Bold.

Yeah, Chupon. He is not supposed to be beaten though. Even with Locke equipped with Zephyr Capes and uber-high evade that sneeze attack is unavoidable.

You can beat him. It took a hell of a lot of reloading saved states and mentally kicking myself for not just giving up, but he doesn't always do the sneeze attack early enough to save himself.

Pick a Japanese shoot-em-up and play the extra stage. Most impossible bosses ever? Mushihime-sama (PS2, arcade) final boss, Touhou Mystic Square extra stage boss Alice Margatroid, Touhou Embodiment of Scarlet Devil extra stage boss Flandre Scarlet, games like that.

chrono26 is right,

The Spiderboss in MP2 was the hardest Metroid boss EVA!!!

It took me weeks to bring him down, and thats after i gave up around a month before. Then the ING last boss was very hard too, but not as hard as the spider.

Also, there was a secret boss in FFVIII that was so stupidly hard, no one is my neighborhood ever beat it.

PS: I cant remove the freaking Bold.

I didn't have much trouble with it. MP2 bosses as a whole weren't terribly hard, just tedious. Chykka and Quadraxis were both more annoying for me. Emperor Ing was pretty easy for me though, took 2 tries. The MP2 boss that gave me THE most trouble though, was Boost Guardian :P

I didn't have much trouble with it. MP2 bosses as a whole weren't terribly hard, just tedious. Chykka and Quadraxis were both more annoying for me. Emperor Ing was pretty easy for me though, took 2 tries. The MP2 boss that gave me THE most trouble though, was Boost Guardian :P

Isn't the Boost guardian the same as Spider Guardian? At least the one I'm talking about is the Boost one (the one you dont have light crystals and you die little by little(in Torvus Bog)).. It took me for freaking ever to beat it.

But the boss I enjoyed the most was the one you were in morph ball, that was lotsa fun :D (That boss was the only scan I missed :[ )

Isn't the Boost guardian the same as Spider Guardian? At least the one I'm talking about is the Boost one (the one you dont have light crystals and you die little by little(in Torvus Bog)).. It took me for freaking ever to beat it.

But the boss I enjoyed the most was the one you were in morph ball, that was lotsa fun :D (That boss was the only scan I missed :[ )

The Boost Guardian was the one in a small room that behaved like a warrior Ing, then oozed around, then boosted around. There were no light crystals. It was either in Dark Agon or Dark Torvus, I forget.

The Spider Guardian is the one on the spiderball tracks. You had to fight it in morphball and bomb switches that made it run into stuff that shocked it. Pain in the ass but didn't give me that much trouble. It was in Sanctuary Fortress/Hive.

The Boost Guardian was the one in a small room that behaved like a warrior Ing, then oozed around, then boosted around. There were no light crystals. It was either in Dark Agon or Dark Torvus, I forget.

Yeah thats the one I tried to refer to. Thats the one that took me 4ever to beat.

The Spider Guardian is the one on the spiderball tracks. You had to fight it in morphball and bomb switches that made it run into stuff that shocked it. Pain in the ass but didn't give me that much trouble. It was in Sanctuary Fortress/Hive.

This is my fav boss though.

Yeah thats the one I tried to refer to. Thats the one that took me 4ever to beat.

That was certainly the hardest boss in the prime series. I lost my temper quite a few times on hard mode. Ended up accidentally cracking my SNES casing. :sad:

I don't understand how you're supposed to beat that without just getting lucky. I didn't change a thing over the course of my 14 tries to beat it, I was just luckier on my last. There isn't a way to avoid or predict the direction of his boost is there? There certainly didn't seem to be.

Don't know if its been mentioned yet but Siela from Chaos Legion is a rough bitch. Basically the last stage is just three boss battles in a row. First Delacroix, then Azrail, then Seila. Delacroix is easy because you fight him earlier in the game, and he acts exactly the same, just stronger. Azrail looks intimidating, but stay moving and he can't getany real good hits on you. Siela however is a BITCH.

First of all, she can't be hurt by any of your sword attacks. She's got a Guliarth that constantly respawns, so staying in one place is not a good idea. (Guliarths are huge, spiked battering rams that are barely effected by anything) Next she randomly summons a bunch of metal Poes to wear down you legions. Then she destroys whats left with a massive explosion that covers almost the entire stage. Every once and a while she'll also shoot some homing lasers at you. Its very tough to keep your legions alive and since she can't be hurt by your sword, your legions are the only way to damage her.

...Chaos Legion...

I <3 the soundtrack

The Jun Kagiro battles in "Siren" for the PS2 are god damn annoyingly hard, the bastard is somewhat quick (or rather I'm just slow ingame). After that its the last boss which I'm pretty bad at too but managed to beat. The fucker is invisible for the most part and just having to switching from sightjacking to normal gets a bit wild for me unless I can time it right lol...

That was certainly the hardest boss in the prime series. I lost my temper quite a few times on hard mode. Ended up accidentally cracking my SNES casing. :sad:

I don't understand how you're supposed to beat that without just getting lucky. I didn't change a thing over the course of my 14 tries to beat it, I was just luckier on my last. There isn't a way to avoid or predict the direction of his boost is there? There certainly didn't seem to be.

It took me about 5 tries for that sucker. The main problem I had was that you got less energy powerups as the fight wore on, as the pillars had already been destroyed and those ing things that shot stuff at you didn't give much. It wasn't terribly hard for me to avoid the boosts, you could just space jump over it a lot of the time. I think the hardest part was how you had to get him into a damageable state and it's a waiting game with time against you as you rot away in Dark Aether.

And for those curious, m2k2 has utterly trivialized this fight. Whoa.

I know this has been said already, but I have been playing Prime 1 again on hard mode and the only thing that has given me a lick of trouble is Ridley. It is insane how the difficulty jumped from each boss being easy to "OMG RIDLEY STOP FUCKING ME UP". I always expect some crazy rape scene to occur after each time I die from the sheer beatings I receive from the guy. He defeats me that hard.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a blast to fight, but man is he a pain. Prime and the rest of the bosses in the game are has hard as tearing a piece of paper when compared to him.

I know this has been said already, but I have been playing Prime 1 again on hard mode and the only thing that has given me a lick of trouble is Ridley. It is insane how the difficulty jumped from each boss being easy to "OMG RIDLEY STOP FUCKING ME UP". I always expect some crazy rape scene to occur after each time I die from the sheer beatings I receive from the guy. He defeats me that hard.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a blast to fight, but man is he a pain. Prime and the rest of the bosses in the game are has hard as tearing a piece of paper when compared to him.

Yeah, seriously. Ridley is a pretty difficult boss, especially compared to the Metroid Prime itself (such a pushover). Man, I'll be needing to play through that game again before Prime 3 comes out.

Seriously, I second that. I don't think I've gotten back to Ridley as of yet... Correction, I don't even think I've gotten back to hard mode in general.

But anyway, Kefka made me curse for a few weeks before I spent a whole week devising some ass-backward plan that actually worked. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I barely beat him. Sabin (the fists of god) was the only one left standing. My team made entirely no sense, but I beat that son-of-a-bitch.

Dark Force from Phantasy Star 2 made me shed a tear in preventing myself from shredding my Genesis entirely.

Death and Dracula from the original Castlevania... Why was it configured for them to fight for their lives? Still, to this very day, that game is the only one out of that series that I haven't beaten... *sigh* :cry:

Death and Dracula from the original Castlevania... Why was it configured for them to fight for their lives? Still, to this very day, that game is the only one out of that series that I haven't beaten... *sigh* :cry:

I have yet to beat Castlevania 2... :cry:

I have yet to beat Castlevania 2... :cry:

I'm almost certain that without a walkthough... that game is pushing impossible. Albeit I was around 12 years old when I tried it for the last time... It still makes me angry to think about. I'll pick it up again one day, never.

I'm in the same boat, never beat 2. I own and have beaten 1, 3-5 though!

Death IS a real pain in the ass in 1. I'd like to see how easily the people who do speed runs can beat it without lagging him to death.... death.. to death... err... Anyway, probably not very.

I don't know if you can really consider this a boss, but the song Jumping Jack Flash from EBA must have taken me somewhere around 100 tries to beat on the most difficult setting. Took forever.

<3 my many years experience of playing bemani games, haha. They really helped out a lot.

I'm almost certain that without a walkthough... that game is pushing impossible. Albeit I was around 12 years old when I tried it for the last time... It still makes me angry to think about. I'll pick it up again one day, never.

I'm in the same boat, never beat 2. I own and have beaten 1, 3-5 though!

Death IS a real pain in the ass in 1. I'd like to see how easily the people who do speed runs can beat it without lagging him to death.... death.. to death... err... Anyway, probably not very.

Despite being a pain, Death is more often then not fun to fight. From the first castlevania to Portait of Ruin, I've almost always looked forward to fighting him. Heck when he double teams WITH Dracula in PoR it was Twice the fun especially when they started to feel like a nasty bastard with nearly instant death attacks.

Now if they would only up the deadlyness of Dracula and Death...