All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

ITS CUTMAN!

He's a little android man, born without a heart! Without that voice of reason.. he'll CUT YOU APART. :(

MORE LIEK CUNTMAN AMIRITE

Seriously tho. G Akiha from Melty Blood is a serious pain in the ass. She blocks EVERYTHING you throw at her and every attack of hers causes near-instant death.

For me, getting the good ending to "Clash at Demonhead" (NES) is nigh impossible, but it's a puzzle and not a boss that makes it that way.

As far as a physical 'boss' goes, I would have to say that the final boss of Double Dragon 3 is at the top of my list -- she kills me almost every time. Other notables include Little Ninja Brothers (yay Culture Brain!), and the optional endboss in Demon's Crest for SNES

As far as a physical 'boss' goes, I would have to say that the final boss of Double Dragon 3 is at the top of my list -- she kills me almost every time.

What, you don't like fighting two already boss-like in their own right mummies before fighting really hard sorceress woman?

A Time Attack? Not that I know of.

As for the topic at hand, I don't know if it qualifies as really a hard boss, but for the life of me I cannot beat the last boss in Sigma Star Saga. For some reason no matter how many times I shoot the bastard he eventually heals himself for an unknown amount of damage (I assume all of it).

Coop...anybody...help!

A Time Attack? Not that I know of.

As for the topic at hand, I don't know if it qualifies as really a hard boss, but for the life of me I cannot beat the last boss in Sigma Star Saga. For some reason no matter how many times I shoot the bastard he eventually heals himself for an unknown amount of damage (I assume all of it).

Coop...anybody...help!

I'll type this in tiny, pale text so that no one else reads it unless they want to...

To beat the final boss, try these tips...

- Don't get hit. Sometimes when your ship get hit, he heals himself.

- Stay above his brow line. His eye laser is deadly, so stay level with his forehead.

- Stay away from the holes in the background. Tentacles come out and grab you, holding you in place. This makes you an easy target, so try and stay in the large gap between the left and center hole columns.

- When the screen shakes, a tentacle is about to come either shooting up or down through the screen. The moment the screen shakes, move up close to the boss' forehead. If you stay very close to it, all three tentacles will miss you. Just be sure to get back when the tentacles retract, or you'll get rammed by the head.

- If you have them, use this set up for your weapons...

Blue- 23

Red- 06

Yellow- 06

This gives you fast firing orbs that circle your ship. It makes the boss fights easier.

- Don't use weapon "B". When I use it, the boss heals himself all the time. So try sticking to weapon "A".

Hope that helps, Warmech.

Anyone ever played a game called "DJ Boy" for the Genesis?

...Okay, there's this granny that appears in two, if not three levels. No patterns or anything out of the ordinary, she just violates your space with poorly made combos. Just straight owns you for free. What made this boss so ungodly annoying was for each one of your hits, she smacked you at least three times.

Don't get me wrong, the granny is beatable, but it takes too much work.:evil:

After playing Ninja Gaiden (the original one) again, I have to say that the bosses in this game (except the first two) have high factors of pissingmeoffedness.

However, the one enemy I cannot stand is the eagle.

It takes 3 bars of life on contact (as opposed to a pretty small 1 bar taken by a ROCKET LAUNCHER).

It moves fast.

It has the second smallest surface of the game (the smallest being the slightly less annoying bats)

And since the game is buggy, they can spawn sporadicly for no reason after you killed them. (Apparently, they are generated as you step on a specific tile column and if you do not move from the trigger, the game assumes that since you killed the eagle, it never was generated.)

So yeah, if you are afraid of ninjas, invest in eagles. They will defend your base better than twin hopping statues that spit out brain looking balls of gas.

(In fact, I am convinced that 15 eagles would be harder to beat than the last boss of the game.)

I never had the appourunity to play the original Ninja Gaiden, since... well, I suck at the XBox version, so I'm not very far through it, and have not been able to aquire the original games in it yet.

It's not a boss, but the part that has me hung up right now is that damned boulder in the underground part beneath the cathedral. Like I said, I suck at this game.

I never had the appourunity to play the original Ninja Gaiden, since... well, I suck at the XBox version, so I'm not very far through it, and have not been able to aquire the original games in it yet.

It's not a boss, but the part that has me hung up right now is that damned boulder in the underground part beneath the cathedral. Like I said, I suck at this game.

If you think that's hard you're going to HATE that game.That part's a breeze compared to the rest. Wait till you have to shoot down an Apache helicopter with a bow and arrow. I lost my freaking mind at that part. Ninja Gaiden for XBox is one of the best video games of its generation because it presents a challenge that few games have. Unrelenting enemies with decent AI, and just plain meaness and unfairness. I hate games where a dragon bites you practically in half, and only a small portion of life is depleted. If you get bitten in NG, you're either dead,or seriously wounded.

You can beat him. It took a hell of a lot of reloading saved states and mentally kicking myself for not just giving up, but he doesn't always do the sneeze attack early enough to save himself.

Best bet: level up Gogo, give him the Atma Weapon and Ragnarok/Excalibur, only give him fight commands. You can beat him then. Not like it's worth it though....

If you think that's hard you're going to HATE that game.That part's a breeze compared to the rest. Wait till you have to shoot down an Apache helicopter with a bow and arrow. I lost my freaking mind at that part. Ninja Gaiden for XBox is one of the best video games of its generation because it presents a challenge that few games have. Unrelenting enemies with decent AI, and just plain meaness and unfairness. I hate games where a dragon bites you practically in half, and only a small portion of life is depleted. If you get bitten in NG, you're either dead,or seriously wounded.

I've read somewhere that if you hide and just wait it out, the helicopter eventually just flies away. Fight done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for a well deserved bump.

Way back when, SNK released the game Fatal Fury. A fun, though basic, fighting game with a series of characters who would become well known icons in the fighting game world. One of them, was Geese Howard. SNK has a reputation for making final bosses that are insanely overpowered, fast and frustrating to go up against in their fighting games. I have a feeling this game and GH were their blue prints.

Due to the age of the game, there aren't that many special moves. You have punch, kick, and a few specials. For Geese Howard, these specials include a power shot that rides along the ground, and a painfully cheap move that simply kicks your ass... a grab.

This move makes it so that he pauses for a couple seconds, and stands there as you hit him with anything (a normal punch/kick, a jump kick/punch, or a special move that isn't a projectile). Once you touch him, he grabs you, and whips your ass to the floor... hard. On the easiest setting, he doesn't do this too much. But put it on normal or above, and this seems to be his favorite move. It makes hitting him seemingly impossible, as everything you do results in your being grabbed and driven into the nice shiny wooden floorboards. The last time I tried to beat the game on the hard difficulty so I could see the full ending, I must have continued a few dozen times on Geese Howard before I called it quits.

I know bosses, especially final ones, are supposed to give you a challenge. But is it a challenge when your character gets beaten like a red-headed step child by the same move over and over again? :lol: