All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Magma Dragoon from MegaManX4 is my nemesis. I just cannot beat this guy in less than around 10 tries, even though MegaMan bosses are ususally pretty easy for me after memorizing all they're attacks. I'm talking about the second battle, when you don't have the Ride Armor to help you.

I can probably come up with harder bosses than this, but this is the only one I can think of at the moment.

Oh yeah, I know this has prolly been said already (I haven't read all the posts). But that &*&^-er from NARC pissed me off so damn much.

Oh, and Lavos really wasn't that hard unless you were fighting the Lavos in the underwater palace who was supposed to kill you anyway. Or if you went alone with Crono at the beginning, which was an awesome way to go, in my opinion. One on one. There can be only one highlander :)

I just beat De Rol Lie on Phantasy Star Online. I'm a level 83 HuMar and it took me 45 minutes.

That was intense. Hardest boss i've fought in a LOOOONG time. My weapon of choice is the Delsaber's Buster, in combination with the Shield of Delsaber. But that's the last time i'll have to play the caves. Ever. I hope. :roll:

I just beat De Rol Lie on Phantasy Star Online. I'm a level 83 HuMar and it took me 45 minutes.

That was intense. Hardest boss i've fought in a LOOOONG time. My weapon of choice is the Delsaber's Buster, in combination with the Shield of Delsaber. But that's the last time i'll have to play the caves. Ever. I hope. :roll:

De Rol Lie? that's the Ultimate difficulty verison right? it's been awhile since i played PSOffline (not as fun as it is online reason why i haven't been playing it much)

anyway, i have to say that Rugal in King Of Fighters 98 on the hardest difficulty was a REAL FRIGGIN' BITCH to put up with.... and the Final Form of Lavos in CT was a bitch face too. i'm sure i would have a few more but my memory is slow, lol.

I would have to say that Sephiroth from FFVII is the hardest. If you managed to have all characters to level 99, and master all materia, he was still a rediculous hard boss. he could whipe out a level 99 character in a few hits. (also, Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts was quite the bitch himself)

my vote: Sephiroth

Level 99? How did you ever have the patience to level up that much? I spent like, two hours in that sunken submarine (which supposedly is the best place to level up) in order to gain levels to beat the weapons, and I only went up a couple of levels. I never was able to beat either of them, I eventually gave up. I think I was in the high 60's, level-wise. I can't imagine Sephiroth would be any kind of challenge at level 99. The first time I beat him, I didn't even use Knights of the Round, although I still had them taking up a slot, which was a waste, since I refused to use them. With KOTR, well, it's not even much of a fight.

Weapons are extremely easy with the right combinations of materia. Combine KOTR with HP absorb and mimic for what would pretty much be an invincibility materia. Oh yeah, Phoenix with last attack just in case someone gets in a fluke kill on ya. It's pretty easy that way. You only need to be about level 55 to beat anything in the game with that combo. Anything else you put on is just for show. :twisted:

Isn't this sort of like asking someone what the hardest riddle they've solved is?

Everyone is going to have a different answer because everyone thinks differently. Not everyone is going to have the same difficulty on the same bosses.

Now we all know it is down to the Skull-tank thing in S.M.A.S.H TV or that Sheep that just won't leave my town in Animal Crossing. And I am pissed off that she's in my tulip garden.

Yeh, Rol is a toughie. I still hate him more than the others, regardless of difficulty level. Still, so long as I have a few levels under my belt and either a good melee weapon (Hu/Ra) or a few levels of Zonde-derivitive (Fo) I can get through in a few tries.

I'd have to say the hardest boss of all time is the one at the very end of arcade Space Invaders. Anyone ever beat the game? Anyone?

I rest my case :D

(the one at the tail end of Galaga is also a bitch...)

Yeh, Rol is a toughie. I still hate him more than the others, regardless of difficulty level. Still, so long as I have a few levels under my belt and either a good melee weapon (Hu/Ra) or a few levels of Zonde-derivitive (Fo) I can get through in a few tries.

I'd have to say the hardest boss of all time is the one at the very end of arcade Space Invaders. Anyone ever beat the game? Anyone?

*sigh*

I thought De Rol Lie was hard.

Then I went into the mines on Ultimate. Hehe.

The gilchichs now are hard as HELL. normally, one attack knocks them over, right? But NO. It takes more like 4 now. I'm now level 87, and i'm just giving up on Ultimate for awhile. I'm gonna beat all the hunter's guild quests on very hard. The mines did some major damage to my self-confidence :roll:

I should try to make a PSO thread again.

• 2 weeks later...
Sephiroth in kingdom heats is a pain.

Already mentioned but hey he's such a bitch he deserves multiple complaints.

Another one coming out of Kingdom Hearts, Riku. When you fight him for the second time in Hallow Bastion. I ALWAYS have problems with him.

Ever played a Genesis game called Raiden Trad? If you have, then you'll probably know this boss.

On level 5, there's a boss that's deceptively nasty. The level itself is filled with shooting carts that ride in on railroad tracks, and that pop up at bad times. But the boss...?

You start off with a somewhat easy pattern that you can dodge as it shoots a spread of bullets from each of its wings. As this vehicle moves back and forth, forward and back, the spreads aren't too rough. But once you blow up one of the wings, it gets a bit pissed. The spread from the other wing starts going nuts and bullets fly everywhere. If you manage to blow this up, then you're stuck with a few new spread shoot spots on the main body, and little pods that it launches on the ground two at a time... also firing spreads. While it's not as crasy as say Giga Wing, there are bullets flying everywhere.

If you use all your bombs (assuming you survived and built up a stash in the previous levels), you're left alive, but bombless on the next stage... where bombs are rather handy, and being without them means death is several areas. If you don't use them, you're screwed. You die, and any weapons power/bomb stash you had, is gone and you get stuck with two bombs... which won't kill it at all, and thusly causing you to lose yet more ships.

A nasty little boss to be sure.

Sephiroth in kingdom heats is a pain.

Already mentioned but hey he's such a bitch he deserves multiple complaints.

Another one coming out of Kingdom Hearts, Riku. When you fight him for the second time in Hallow Bastion. I ALWAYS have problems with him.

Sephiroth in KH is only insanely hard up until a certain level. I spent many hours leveling up and gathering all the synthesizing ingredients, so that by the time I was done I was about level 85, and had the ultimate weapon. After that, Sephiroth is a cinch. I actually leveled my character the remaining levels exclusively by beating the crap out of Sephiroth :lol:

I just started playing the game again after about something like a 6 month hiatus, and played the Sephiroth battle with my level 100 character just for laughs. He kicked my ass pretty bad (embarassingly bad for how good I had been just a few months before), but still won due to how insanely powerful Sora was by that point.

Still, I think Sephiroth has to be the most insanely quick boss I have ever seen...

*sigh*

I thought De Rol Lie was hard.

Then I went into the mines on Ultimate. Hehe.

The gilchichs now are hard as HELL. normally, one attack knocks them over, right? But NO. It takes more like 4 now. I'm now level 87, and i'm just giving up on Ultimate for awhile. I'm gonna beat all the hunter's guild quests on very hard. The mines did some major damage to my self-confidence :roll:

I should try to make a PSO thread again.

heh im in on that thread :twisted: mines on ULT are nothing compared to the runes. while De Rol Lie is hard, i think Dark Flow is tougher. there is no way to beat it past the hard difficulty without scape dolls (seriously, i tried like 30 times). soooo yea. Dark Flow on PSO ep 1&2 gets my vote for hardest boss :?

Ai yai yai! That would be just crazy...

The coolest thing about the final mission for me was that because of my low skill level (at the time) I was unable to defeat the entire base.

*Spoilers*

Instead, I just made a large carrier fleet and bum-rushed the Overmind with them, with Tassadar at the head of the fleet in Gantrithor. The overmind went down right as the last of my carriers were biting the dust, and the Gantrithor was brutally damaged. It then went straight from that into the ending sequence with Tassadar slamming the heavily damaged Gantrithor into the Overmind to finish it off :)

Absolutely the most perfect way to end the game EVER, fit the cinematic in a way that I probably couldn't replicate if I tried. This is still one of my favorite VG moments of all time...