All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

How 'bout ANY boss in Target Earth for the Genesis? The game itself was hard as a f*cking rock, but the bosses were just infuriating!

Speaking of which, the bosses in "To the Earth" for NES were pretty freaking hard. Probably because it was so impossible to get to them in the first place, you were drainied of all your energy when you got there. :P

Still a VERY COOL GAME! 8)

The hardest boss of all time... The Dark Demon in Dragon's Crest. After you beat the game with all the items you get a password. You put in the password and you become the Ulitmate Gargoyle and go up against this... thing. I still cannot kill it.

The final bosses of both Virtual On home games. If it wasn't the time limit that gave you BARELY enough time to beat the things, it was the major damage done by every attack. And if it wasn't either of those aspects, it was the fact that if you missed one opportunity to damage the boss, there wasn't enough time to left to kill the thing before it would self destruct and take you with it.

Brutal... just brutal.

I don't know if anyone's said this yet because I haven't read the entire 11 pages of this thing the answer is simple. For anyone who was dumb enough to try their shot at it the Guardian in FF3 (6) could not be beaten. It was, indeed, impossible.

But does impossible qualify as difficult? I think that downright I-can-do-no-more-than-0-damage-per-attack is not difficult, it's just not meant by the game developers to be done.

Call me weak if you'd like but I found Velius in FFT amazingly difficult. I actually shut off the game and started a new slow because I could not beat that guy.

Velius was easy I used mostly Summoners against him. I dont think there was any real hard bosses in FFT I think the only hardest one I had to face was Elidibs which was a secret boss at the bottom of the deep dungeon but that was a walk in the park if you had TG Cid in your party.

Call me weak if you'd like but I found Velius in FFT amazingly difficult. I actually shut off the game and started a new slow because I could not beat that guy.

Velius was easy I used mostly Summoners against him. I dont think there was any real hard bosses in FFT I think the only hardest one I had to face was Elidibs which was a secret boss at the bottom of the deep dungeon but that was a walk in the park if you had TG Cid in your party.

Interestingly enough, I beat him without TG Cid, and took the time to learn Zodiac while I was at it :)

It was just Velius that gave me tons of trouble for some reason

has anyone ever played ROBOTREK for super NES? man, the bosses were INSANE!!! all of them. you had to level your robots up to incredible levels to even survive boss battles. it was because all the bosses had 10 or 20 times as much HP as they should have, and each boss battle took a good 10 or 15 minutes to beat

Impressive to beat him without Cid and be able to acquire Zodiac the best summon of them all at the same time. I guess I didnt want to fool around with that boss considering at the point of the game all your levels are like at 99 and you got all the magic and weapons. As for Velius well that was like the first zodiac battle in the game and it was very early too so you didnt have time to build your levels or get great equipment so yeah that makes sense for him to be difficult.

Well, he's not really hard at all if you're high enough level, but the first time I fought Sephiroth in FF7 i was desperately low in level. The whole battle took literally one and a half hours (probably would have been 20 minutes if it wasn't for him casting supernova every other turn) I finally got him with two guys dead and Cloud with only a few hundred hp left.

Other than that, no bosses in newer games can compare to the controller breaking difficulty of some 8 bit game bosses. Castlevania and Mega Man were especially hard for me. What about that part in Meda Man where you had to destroy those cannon things until you ran out of ammo, then die, and destroy the rest next time? Thats just not right.

Impressive to beat him without Cid and be able to acquire Zodiac the best summon of them all at the same time. I guess I didnt want to fool around with that boss considering at the point of the game all your levels are like at 99 and you got all the magic and weapons. As for Velius well that was like the first zodiac battle in the game and it was very early too so you didnt have time to build your levels or get great equipment so yeah that makes sense for him to be difficult.

Heh, I fight them as soon as possible without trying to level up. Everyone was around level 75. I think my Calc Wizard got me through it in the end, it was a long and hard battle :)

I didn't see any mention of this one, but I may have skipped over it by mistake. Those who have played Star Ocean 2 will know who I'm referring to:

THE ISCERA QUEEN!! @#$###@@#@!@!!!!!!!

After a good solid hour of pounding her with four lvl 255 characters she STILL did not die and managed to kill all four characters almost simaltaneously (or at least within four to five seconds) with ONE MOVE!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Ugh. I still haven't beaten her.

Anyone ever play Omega Boost? (god, that game went ignored... WAY overdue for a PS2 remake). The final boss was nearly impossible, as is the cliché for final bosses. This HUGE metal behemoth launching its arms at you, with energy teathers inbetween them. After that, you had about 8 seconds to destroy his gelatinous core or it'd explode, taking you out with him.

And damn, that game had great music, too...

Anyone ever play Omega Boost? (god, that game went ignored... WAY overdue for a PS2 remake). The final boss was nearly impossible, as is the cliché for final bosses. This HUGE metal behemoth launching its arms at you, with energy teathers inbetween them. After that, you had about 8 seconds to destroy his gelatinous core or it'd explode, taking you out with him.

Must be nice to have gotten that far... I'm still stuck on stage 5 (where you go down that LONG tunnel with the cross beams that you can't seem to avoid hitting). I've been stuck there for about two years :cry: .

I haven't played all the games mentioned, but I'm occasionally surprised at some nominations.

FF6, the only boss I had 'trouble' (meaning I roll my eyes once in a while at) was the thing that tunnels out of the wall with Locke and Celes. Mostly because I hate Celes and at that point don't have much equipment for her. Still, Locke and her never die. Not hard, just a nuisance. Everything else, well, forget it. I could take on Brachiosaurus with a single party member without offering/genji glove

FF7's emerald (underwater, right?) weapon was a joke. I'd tried it once to get a feel for it, and got creamed as I expected. I changed equipment, tinkered with materias and strategies, and psyched myself up for the fight, then did the usual mime/quad-KoTR a couple times with mimed megalixirs, and in the end, Yuffie finished him off with a 4x-cut. Sigh.

FF8 I never finished because I depended too much on junctions up to Ultimecia's castle, and had to return the disc to a friend the next day. I could beat it if I tried again, I guess.

I have yet to try the further FFs. No PS2, sue me.

Illusion of Gaia was mentioned. Finished the game in three hours. Nuff said.

Chrono Trigger, died at Lavos. Very tough, but I wasn't really trying. Just wanted to see him before the rental ended. Don't love this game much, but it's good.

Breath of Fires, moderate difficulty all around. BOF3's toughest battle was Teepo at the end, and the desert crossing, mostly because I was rushing through said desert to avoid as many battles as I could.

Guess the toughest boss I've ever seen in a game would have to be...

Heh, get this. Constantine at the end of Thief. Getting to him took me hours of careful sneaking around, and at the very end you had to rush things to switch the Eye with the fake. I hate rushing. Attempts: 1.

I don't know if he's been mentioned yet, but how about Mr. X in Streets of Rage 3?

You have a time limit. You don't don't beat him within the time limit, games over. No redoes, no retries... just game over. You have to start from the beginning. As if that weren't enough, he NEVER stands still long enough to do any real damage to him.

It'll get you cussin' up a storm in no time.

Hardest boss hast to be in Eve in Parasite Eve when you have to fight here in the goddanmed Chrysler buiding! How i hated that thing, 70 floors of the same thing and every ten floors was a hader boss of the one you faught before. Then when you finally got to eve, she never seemed to die! No matter how many times i used that best spell, i think its called liberation I still can't beat her.

Also ayone ever heard of Kung-fu Heroes for the Nes? At some point in a level some rock boss would come out of nowhere and would rampage through the level and kill you instantly. Never could beat it, but boy was that a wierd game.

And i'm also counting refueling in Airwolf for the Nes. Never figured out how to land so when i ran out of fuel it was game over.

Ever played Phantasy Star 4 ? The hardest boss I have ever even imagined has to be Lashiec from PS4. Not Dark Force, but Big Daddy Lashiec. Maybe I was always underlevelled; I don't know. But what I do know is this: Whenever he used AnothrGate, he killed my ENTIRE BLOODY PARTY (except for Wren). There is nowhere at that point in the game that you can purchase items that restore party members to life or heal multiple party members. It takes me up to an hour to beat him, even using emulator savestating. All to get the Eclipse Torch. One use, mild holy/fire damage. YEARGHBLBLBE!

Oh, and any boss in Undead Line for the Genesis. God, my nuts never felt the same after playing that game.

Wow took a long time to read all 12 pages :P

A few comments...

Ruby weapon: Entered with 2 dead chars and revived when he put his claws under; used Demi for 9999 over and over, along with Hades to stop; then finished him with other stuff, barely got a scratch on me. That way he wasn't hard at all, but the most important thing is that by doing so I got the gold chocobo and avoided the long pointless hours of chocobo breeding.

FFT: This game was pretty darn tough for me until I got to the Calculator class around the chapter 2/3 crossover; after getting into a battle where I made em hit each other over and over for experience, and master the Calc class for a calc wizard, I never lost another battle cuz that class owns (except for losing vs Wiergraf, once, because like all battles I entered, I had no idea what to expect at first).

Vagrant story was a game so hard that after beating it, I didn't even feel like it was worth it. There are *REGULAR* enemies that can kill you in 1 hit there, if you're not psychic and haven't spent 234578952 hours preparing before entering each room. And that's after hour+ long stretches without save points.

For ultima weapon in FF8, I used the "The End" trick (theres a trick to getting selphie's The End to work, if you didn't know) to kill him right away. Yeah it was cheap, but so is he and I'm lazy.

I thought FF10 had some hard bosses, especially Seymour battles, at least for people like me who don't care to run around in circles levelling up. I just kept restarting and re-fighting til he died.

Of course FF4 here was easy, but that's how I like it. If it's too hard it makes you frustrated and if it's too easy it makes you yawn, and it didn't really do either (at least for me), cuz I like breezing through a game without having to see the "Game Over" screen which makes it reset and makes you wait for Squaresoft's 2390482390482390 opening credits to pass before you can try again :P (Yes, we KNOW squaresoft made the game, and yes, we KNOW the title of the game... *jams on buttons to make it go away* "why won't you go awaaaaaayyyy!!!!!")

I wanna play that one game and kill that mexican guy now :P

Oh yeah, 1 more random note... FF10 translation made me laugh sometimes. I remember this example cuz of all the resets: Tidus says to Seymour, "I knew you were trouble from the first time we met!" Seymour says (in his typical fruity voice) "Oh, my sincerest apologies!" (huh?) then Tidus says "Seeey-mour!" in a tone of voice that sounds like "Oh, that silly old Seymour! When will he learn! Ha ha ha!"

um alot of fighting games have really hard bosses. but i would say that most of the sigma's were hard cause he had so many fucking forms like 6. some of the bosses in breath of fire were hard. and it was so funny when i was fighting against the final boss from breath of fire 3. i am jewish and she has this attack called holocaust. SO I WENT BERSERK ON HER. KAISER IS THE DRAGON OF THE JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruby and emerald were really easy. i have a materia combo that will kill them and i have only to touch the controler 8 times. the combo is counter comand paired with mime on ur armor. final attack paired with phionex. knights of the round paired with hp absorb and hp and mp pluses and w summon. enter the battle with ur 2 other chars dead. cast knights of the round twice with w-summon or do knights with a quandra'd bahamut zero(optional) then just sit back and relax. he'll hit u with ultima for about 5k damage then u hit him back for about A TON and absorb ur self back to full hp. rinse repeat

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!