All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

the first time i faught carry armor (ff7) i was low leveled with no lightning magic. that fight made me restart the damn game :evil: . and it took me a while to beat necron from ff9 but that was only cuz i didnt care cuz i hate that game!

Is it just me or are there as many people that hate ff9 as there are that love it?

Has anyone here ever beaten Chupon or Siegfried at the Coliseum? I can't remember if I ever did, (I think I beat Chupon once, but I don't remember).

Chupon always sneezed you away, and Seigfried did his hyperdrive move that took off ~7000 hp I think, even if your guy was at level 99. Even with the genji glove and offering, I don't know if I ever beat him...

Ok, I think it should be understood that when someone states an RPG boss as hard, overleveling doesn't count as valid. That is, when I say that, say, Emerald WEAPON was hard, I mean at the level I fought them. Overleveling is like saying Bowser's easy on Mario when you have a permanent invincibility star on...or something....

And yes, Kerafyrm (the Sleeper) could indeed zone after he was awakened. He would kill everyone who woke him up, kill everything in Sleeper's Tomb, fly across Velious wiping I believe Eastern Wastes, Great Divide, Western Wastes, and Skyshrine, and would despawn after Lord Yelinak.

I don't know if you already clarified this, but i was looking in a few of the first pages and I found someone that said no boss is impossible. Well, that is semi true. If you ever played FF3, (for the NES) then you would know of the Bahamut fight at the beggining. He is impossible to beat no matter how leveled up you are, but i think its impossible to die to.( He always hits 0 or something and his health always reset every turn.) So the only way to continue the game is to run. So, just saying bosses can be impossible, there would just have to be a way to continue the game. (Like running or making the boss optional.)

Oh ya, and one boss I would have to say was the hardest was the Fate battle in Chrono Cross. I think I wasn't leveled up enough though, but I couldn't get past it. And I can't get past it now either, because my memory card with the save on it got messed up. Oh well.

Oh ya, and one boss I would have to say was the hardest was the Fate battle in Chrono Cross. I think I wasn't leveled up enough though, but I couldn't get past it. And I can't get past it now either, because my memory card with the save on it got messed up. Oh well.

The easy way to take out FATE is to steal a black plate from the black dragon. Since FATE only has one non-black attack (I think), that character will be invincible (most likely Serge). Also, set a few Freefall traps.

Oh, I forgot Fernandez. The huge horrifying yet somehow cute black ball of completly cheap and unfair ass kicking that is the boss of Waku Waku 7. His reach is halfway the distance of the screen, he's unbelievably fast, does incredible amounts of damage, can seemingly hit you from any position and worse of all his ultimate attack has absolutely no charge time whatsoever. If you haven't played against Fernandez, you truly don't know frustration...

Any and all of the bosses out of Wizards & Warriors II: Ironsword for the NES.

That game is so hard! I've spent many an hour in my youth in front of the TV trying to beat that damn cloud thing, but I never had the book to the game so I had no idea how.

I have to say that the only hard RPG bosses are those on something like Chono Cross where you can't just simply level up to kick ass... I'm working on a game myself that it takes longer for you to level up so you'd be more encouraged to do side quests and finding secret weapons and such to power your character over beating on the monsters (which are strong anyway)

hard bosses on an RPG would be something like Olga Flow from PSO, or just annoying like Spikey on Secret of Mana

but honestly, it would be something like one of the senior dragons on Dragon Seeds, where you can only train so much before your dragon just becomes too old to fight, then you've gotta have SKILL, not just whacking endless monsters

hard bosses on other genre games would include Biolizzard from SA2b, Meta Ridley from Metriod Prime (holy shit! how much punishment can he take? and he's never open for a shot when he's almost dead!)

hmm... what else...I know Dario is IMPOSSIBLE without going through the game the second time, poora poora Riddel...

and if you want a super uber hard badass, play Star Ocean 2, goto the VERY end, save at the last save point, and go back to the first town you arrive at on the second world, talk to the girl that appears there, now the boss is so strong that you'll crap your pants! ... the only way to TRY to counter his strength is going to the old man in the arena, talking to him, going back to the first planet, and jumping on your bird to the hidden dungeon! you better not beat it until you REALLY think you're ready to (somewhere over level 250...) and make sure you pick up Ashton's triAce attack! it's a must!

I was able to defeat him on universe a few times with a lvl 140-170 party. Usually takes 30 min though. Key to that battle is interruption. Has anyone mentioned the final boss of the first Star Ocean? Every time you are slamming on his arse, he ends up blocking, taking 0 dmg, and then does a force heal of about 5000(I'm only dealing like 200-800 dmg per hit unless my mages jump in with a meteor spell). He gets easy once you start to over level, but then there is that 'traditional' boss in that game too.

Oh, I forgot Fernandez. The huge horrifying yet somehow cute black ball of completly cheap and unfair ass kicking that is the boss of Waku Waku 7. His reach is halfway the distance of the screen, he's unbelievably fast, does incredible amounts of damage, can seemingly hit you from any position and worse of all his ultimate attack has absolutely no charge time whatsoever. If you haven't played against Fernandez, you truly don't know frustration...
Fernandez.txt

He looks so happy, yet he's the epitome of all that is evil. Despite what you see here, he will give you nightmares... trust me.

Any and all of the bosses out of Wizards & Warriors II: Ironsword for the NES.

That game is so hard! I've spent many an hour in my youth in front of the TV trying to beat that damn cloud thing, but I never had the book to the game so I had no idea how.

I think the cloud thing is the final boss because I used a code once that was supposed to take you right to him. Regardless I could never hurt the bugger...

Uh. The last boss in Snake Rattle N' Roll. It's a foot that jumps around the summit of a mountain.. Yes, a foot. No matter how much you lick it, it will not die. I never finished the game.

Yes, that game was wierd. (and had kwel music).

that's just what i was thinking! that stinkin foot was soooo hard... i never beat that game either, but that might be cuz the last level is also freakin HARD

oh yea.. there's one ore two bosses in FF5 that are really tough.. as well as FF Tactics

...Maybe that foot had a fetish about one or multiple lizards licking his foot thus meaning he wouldn't die? :P

hmm... what else...I know Dario is IMPOSSIBLE without going through the game the second time, poora poora Riddel...

and if you want a super uber hard badass, play Star Ocean 2, goto the VERY end, save at the last save point, and go back to the first town you arrive at on the second world, talk to the girl that appears there, now the boss is so strong that you'll crap your pants! ... the only way to TRY to counter his strength is going to the old man in the arena, talking to him, going back to the first planet, and jumping on your bird to the hidden dungeon! you better not beat it until you REALLY think you're ready to (somewhere over level 250...) and make sure you pick up Ashton's triAce attack! it's a must!

Yeah, Unlimited Indalecio was a bitch.

But Dario? He was nothing.

Meta Ridley from Metroid Prime. Also, the Omega Pirate was a real pain, until I got into the whole swing of fighting him. But Meta Ridley never got easy.

Also, the Core Defender from Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm was pretty much unkillable by normal means. He came to life and surprised me the first time I played through the game, thusly wiping out my battle weary forces rather quickly. I reloaded and saved right before that point so I could just focus on buidling up an insane amount of forces and then initiating the battle. Still I died. Everytime. Finally, in one my doomed battles with the stupid thing, I had a large division of Hover MLRS set at one portion of the map for reserve that I forgot about. The rest of my forces were destroyed and the Core Defender was headed right for my base, so I ran the MLRS's down to face him (and to most certainly be obliterated). They reached him just as the Defender got through leveling the outer portion of my base and was standing on the bridge in the middle picking off a few guardian infantry. The MLRSs surrounded the bridge while hovering over the water and just let loose on him. To my surprise, the bridge started to crumble and fell apart sinking the Defender like so much scrap metal. I thought myself pretty stupid for not thinking of that earlier.

Also, the DarkSims from Perfect Dark, while not bosses, are harder than almost any AI controlled first person shooter enemy ever.

Also, the DarkSims from Perfect Dark, while not bosses, are harder than almost any AI controlled first person shooter enemy ever.

I thought the perfect Sims were pretty tough, as well. If you played flawlessly, you could kill them, but that was the only way. The Darksims, if I remember corectly, they cheated. They seemed to be able to run faster than me and do other things I could not. Perhaps I am not remembering this perfectly, though.

• 2 weeks later...