All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Berserker from Legend of Legaia

berserker.jpg

Uses Curse often, which prevents its victim from executing a specific type of attack depending on the affected body part, Poison Gas which causes poison, and he spams Stone Circle which does around 500 damage to everyone in the party.

When you first come across him, he will rape you several times. You really have to go farther into the area, get stronger, and come back to fight him so you stand a chance.

Uh, isn't he at the end of the town-dungeon you're in? Or can you skip that place entirely? I just tried to predict when he'd use Stone Rape and defend. Took about 3 tries.

But all the bosses in the game have super moves they pull off from time to time. It's really mostly pattern memorization.

The Nemesis weapon in Final Fantasy 10. It's the top elective battle you can fight at the monster ranch. I had Tidus to full power, max sphere grid, damage break skill on his weapon, BLitz Ace, so he did 900,000 damage per break, and everybody in the team had full overdrive bars, with the Entrust skill learned, so they could give Tidus their overdrive so he could Blitz Ace again. I popped off about 5 of these attacks, for nearly 5 million Hp damage total...still wiped the floor with me. One day I'm gonna go back and try again.

What I hate about this game is how much powering up you have to do OUTSIDE your main quest to even have a ghost of a chance against the tougher enemies. My brother, who doesn't really play video games, did it, and to this day I have no fucking idea how. That's not what sidequests should be about.

Okay, time for the antithesis post...

ALL TIME EASIEST BOSS... after the longest and hardest setup.

Bob the Goldfish... come on.

/thread

Someone already posted this one.

I was thinking about Maximum Carnage for the Genesis.

(For those who don't exactly remember:)

586308_79820.jpg

I don't know anyone who has beaten that game. No, no, no, I'm talking about that shitty ending with Venom.

I'm talking about getting through all of those annoying fights against Shriek, Doppleganger, Hobgoblin and the waves of enemies that they throw at you on stage 15 (I believe that's right...) as well as hoarding your Deathlok and Firestar icons until you made it to the grand finale stage right before you showdown against Carnage.

And if you weren't saving those helper icons... you were fucked.

Always, always, ALWAYS, have I made it that stage with no lives and shit for health.

I beat Maximum Carnage for the first time about 5 months ago. Been playing that game on and off since I was ......... probably 8 years old. I'm 23 now, and have only beaten it once. The game, at least until you get to Carnage , is not that difficult IMO. I can get to Carnage no problem. Defeating him, however......not easy.

One of my favorite games of all time.

I beat Maximum Carnage for the first time about 5 months ago. Been playing that game on and off since I was ......... probably 8 years old. I'm 23 now, and have only beaten it once. The game, at least until you get to Carnage , is not that difficult IMO. I can get to Carnage no problem. Defeating him, however......not easy.

One of my favorite games of all time.

Agreed. He just simply puts the beats to you regardless of what ya do. But he is beatable.

Along those lines... (For me, anyway)

SpidermanxmenSNES_boxart.jpg

This game fits, too.

Ace Combat 6 on Ace mode.

Mission 15. That's all that I'll leave it as. Not the damned cannon, either. Those Sturgis planes... They aren't the yellows, but fuck, they do a lot more running than firing on you.

And on top of that, it seems like they only fire missiles while fighting in formations of 3-5 planes. And once they start firing, your hud will flash more times than any christmas tree in the world.

Ninja Gaiden II was pretty insane. No way to beat it unless you're insanely lucky. Though I agree Zelda II was hard, until you just do the trick of sitting coruched in the corner and stabbing him everytime he walks to you. Not that you'll want to take the time to go back and do it, but it's pretty easy after that.

• 4 weeks later...
Hands down: Zelda 2 on the NES, Beating up yur shadow is argueabley the hardest boss. I've never seen anything like it after that. Unfailingly it stomped me time and again and even to this day, it goes unconquered.

No no no. That battle is easy once you know how. It's hard to figure out the right tactics but once you do, it's cake my friend. So that can't be the hardest.

I can't imagine how anyone could EVER beat the boss at the end of the Seraphic Gate in Valkyrie Profile without using the cheesy auto-item/union plumes technique. Is it really possible to live through her attacks? If it weren't for that auto-item nonsense, I'd vote for her as the hardest. Although, Freya from Star Ocean 3 REALLY kicks my ass a lot too.

Someone already posted this one.

I was thinking about Maximum Carnage for the Genesis.

(For those who don't exactly remember:)

586308_79820.jpg

I don't know anyone who has beaten that game. No, no, no, I'm talking about that shitty ending with Venom.

I'm talking about getting through all of those annoying fights against Shriek, Doppleganger, Hobgoblin and the waves of enemies that they throw at you on stage 15 (I believe that's right...) as well as hoarding your Deathlok and Firestar icons until you made it to the grand finale stage right before you showdown against Carnage.

And if you weren't saving those helper icons... you were fucked.

Always, always, ALWAYS, have I made it that stage with no lives and shit for health.

Im not sure if the one for SNES is any harder but i beat it ONCE. And never again attempted it again. You cant use Icons on the last stage fight One-on-One Vs Carnage. You start the fight with Spiderman and pray Venom can finish him off. It was tricky, i also found every continue by the time i was able to do this and used almost all of them before i finally beat him.

BOSS RUSH(ver.SN2) from DDR SuperNOVA 2.

Yeah, just clearing one of the five songs is hard, but you have to clear all five of the hardest songs in the game, without breaks in between. Oh, and you can only break your combo 3 times in each song.

It's a bit hard...