All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I would say Rez from Gex: Enter the Gecko, but I actually beat that one, so the final boss in the first Rayman. I couldn't even get pass the third stage out of about six.

He isn't that hard. It's just the rigmarole of getting to him that's...an annoyance, to say the least.

This may have been stated already, but Mizar from Jet Force Gemini was very difficult. That having been said, I'd love a Virtual Console release of the game so I can play it again (I know it probably won't happen), but I was actually stuck at Mizar for a good week or so before I finally finished the game.

This may have been stated already, but Mizar from Jet Force Gemini was very difficult. That having been said, I'd love a Virtual Console release of the game so I can play it again (I know it probably won't happen), but I was actually stuck at Mizar for a good week or so before I finally finished the game.

Yeah, Mizar was a bitch and a half. The stupid lightning claw attack of his would just tear you to shreds if you weren't careful. Who knew such a nefarious villain liked playing jump rope?

But he was fun, at least. Hard, but a genuinely fun fight.

If any of you have played clash of ninja 2, Gaara is so fucking hard to beat.

Wait, refresh my mind, was this thread called "All-Time hardest boss" or "let's name random game bosses"? How about you pick ONE boss you thought was the hardest evurr, not twenty.

Anyway, I nominate Ballos from Cave Story. I don't play games very much and the whole hell level was already way over my head. When I managed to get to Ballos he would just kick my ass in a few hits. Also, you can't save before him, so you have to re-do the whole hell level. D=

Anyway, I nominate Ballos from Cave Story. I don't play games very much and the whole hell level was already way over my head. When I managed to get to Ballos he would just kick my ass in a few hits. Also, you can't save before him, so you have to re-do the whole hell level. D=

Yeah, but that's what I loved about that level. It was a great challenge, even if you're not going for speed. That thing had me hooked until I finally beat him.

THEN, I STILL wanted to play to see how fast I could do it.

• 1 month later...
So, everyone gets one post and then they are done?

No, they can post as often as they like. It's all about opinions, and sharing thoughts on bosses that have given you ridiculous amounts of trouble.

Take for example, the final boss of the DOS version of Silpheed. It shares a slight resemblance to it's Sega CD sibling, but it's about five times harder. Lasers firing in seemingly random patterns, bullets being steadily fired that home in on where you are, and shit just going crazy on you. There's one weapon that gives you a chance to win, but it's also the narrowest weapon in the game... meaning that that have to be in spot-on alignment with the boss' weak spot, while to zig zag all over the place. Tack on a forcefield that you have to get rid of so you can actually hurt the boss while dodging all of this, and it's a hell of a fight for an old DOS game.

The Sega CD version of the final boss has definite patterns that, once learned, make it quite easy to kill. The original DOS version of the final boss? Not so much.

God, Magaki or whatever...the boss from KoFXI is just fucking impossible.

Him, and Dracula's true form in the last fight of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness....It takes an hour to beat the guy, not counting the milion times you have to dodge his attacks. I still need to beat him...