All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a new boss... and I hate the son-of-a-bitch :lol:

I rented Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II last week. There's a boss in there, who is absolutely, incomprehensively cheap, cold hearted and nearly impossible to kill... and this persons name is Mordoc.

After fighting through the Onyx tower levels, you have to fight Mordoc's number one thrall. That person is enough of a pain in the ass, but I found an interesting glitch that let me get past him without having to retry too many times. I saved the game and marched on into the shadow realm to fight Mordoc himself.

I'm thinking I should have just left the prick alone.

I got in there, he gave a short speech, and then proceded to bring the flagstone floor of that realm to a bright and wax build up free shine with my ass. I never once got the bastard down to half a bar of life. In the middle of the battle area in the Onyx heart (if I recall the name correctly). This thing is a great distraction as my character would keep pointing at it whenever I tried to use the crossbow I had... which made that tactic pointless. So, I equipped my morning stars and proceeded to run in circles with Mordoc as I tried to damage him. Now, as you fight, he keeps conjuring up a shadow image of himself... which heals his real body once every 7 seconds or there abouts. So, you have to run and destroy it. Ass you do, Mordocs real body beat the holy hell out of you, while the shadow heals Mordoc or any damage you did. While all this is going on, you keep getting a slo-mo spell cast on you which makes you swings take forever to connect and your running painfully slow... giving Mordoc all the time he needs to beat you into a mooshy paste. Add to this, that the melee attacks only seem to hit one out of every four swings, and what you have is simple an AI character whooping your sorry leveled up ass.

As much as I wanna rent the game again so I can beat Mordoc, I'm not sure those around me can take anymore barrages of swearing :lol:

I have found a new boss... and I hate the son-of-a-bitch :lol:

I rented Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II last week. There's a boss in there, who is absolutely, incomprehensively cheap, cold hearted and nearly impossible to kill... and this persons name is Mordoc.

After fighting through the Onyx tower levels, you have to fight Mordoc's number one thrall. That person is enough of a pain in the ass, but I found an interesting glitch that let me get past him without having to retry too many times. I saved the game and marched on into the shadow realm to fight Mordoc himself.

I'm thinking I should have just left the prick alone.

I got in there, he gave a short speech, and then proceded to bring the flagstone floor of that realm to a bright and wax build up free shine with my ass. I never once got the bastard down to half a bar of life. In the middle of the battle area in the Onyx heart (if I recall the name correctly). This thing is a great distraction as my character would keep pointing at it whenever I tried to use the crossbow I had... which made that tactic pointless. So, I equipped my morning stars and proceeded to run in circles with Mordoc as I tried to damage him. Now, as you fight, he keeps conjuring up a shadow image of himself... which heals his real body once every 7 seconds or there abouts. So, you have to run and destroy it. Ass you do, Mordocs real body beat the holy hell out of you, while the shadow heals Mordoc or any damage you did. While all this is going on, you keep getting a slo-mo spell cast on you which makes you swings take forever to connect and your running painfully slow... giving Mordoc all the time he needs to beat you into a mooshy paste. Add to this, that the melee attacks only seem to hit one out of every four swings, and what you have is simple an AI character whooping your sorry leveled up ass.

As much as I wanna rent the game again so I can beat Mordoc, I'm not sure those around me can take anymore barrages of swearing :lol:

.... 8O

I coulda sworn you already posted this yesterday or sumthin...

blink blink

I need to sleep.

But I believe that THE hardest boss I ever met was that secret boss from final fantasy in Super Mario RPG, you know the one with the four crystals... I catually finished the game, used my last available save, did some level up above what I was to beat the last boss, and still got my ass kicked.

I agree, its either him (his name is Culex) or Jinx from Super Mario RPG

Culex was such a pansy for me. I raped his ass hardcore. Smity usually gets to me, though. Jinx is hard, no matter what.

Ur-Draco

Culex is a pain to me unless I'm uber-cheap and put the Lazy Shell Armor AND the Safety Ring on Toadstool, the healer/reviver of the group, and then have a magically/physically proficient Geno and a physically proficient/semi-magical(for jumping) Mario in the same group; a magical Mallow in place of Geno also works well. I haven't tried beating it without Toadstool yet(Peach? Yes, but she was Toadstool to U.S. players back then), but besides what I metioned there's also cheap item tactics you can use to defeat him as well. Other than that, yeah, he raped me pretty good the first time I went up against him. XD

Jinx? Blocked all his attacks, no Safety Ring required. Next!

It only took me two tries to beat Metroid Prime's final boss. But the absolute hardest boss I've faced is in that game; it's Elite Pirate Omega. . . On hard mode. You see, you have to keep unloading firepower on him while running backwards, and finally you wear him down. Then he somehow warps out of there and you have to contend with several beam pirates. Taking them out is complicated because you have to find the right weapon, so I tend to just dodge the shots because Omega's attacks quickly wipe them all out. Instead I switch to the X-Ray visor and watch the three sites in the area where Omega will beam in. He will then star regaining his health, and it takes a hit from a super missile to stop him; he warps out again only to soon reappear at another site. That damage while he's recharging is the only stuff that's permanent. It took me a week to beat him the first time. But in hard mode everything's health is doubled (give or take). So it takes two hits with a super missile to stop him recharging, and he's still healing in between him; you're only getting in one, sometimes two hits when you used to get in four to six 8O . After two weeks of never getting him down to less than two thirds health, I gave up.

Lol, this is lame, but I found Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts to be rather annoying....

Not only do you do it solo (AH CRAP CURE CURE CURE AEROGA!....NOOOOOO MY ELIXER WENT OFF TOO EARLY!)....but he's just a plain old pain in the behind :P

I think most of the difficulty was getting used to him though....after that it was reasonably easy...though he can still spank ya good if you're freaking out during a Sin Harvest.

Oh well, fun fight....all for a lame 10 second cut scene that really provides nothing interesting =/

I really don't recall many bosses giving me too much of a hard time...

Nyahahah...

I am the shadow, keeper of light. If you want the sun's power, show me your own.

-zap-

CRAP DULLAHAN!

One of the few bosses where I've ever relied on a pure blitz/suicide strategy. Summon the crap outta him on my first party (Ivan, Piers, Jenna and Ivan), hope he doesn't spank me too hard first turn....summon whatever's left...commit suicide, and bring in the second party.....and pray that the Random Number Generator gods are kind.

Not an easy deal when he's summoning Charon on you, one-shotting you with Formina Sage, DRAINING your health....attacking 3 times per turn...

"Dullahan uses Formina Sage!"

"Piers takes 690 damage!!!"

"Piers was downed..." (Wow, wouldn't have guessed)

ow.

"Dullahan uses Charon!"

"Isaac was downed!"

Geez, it got lazy that time...wouldn't even give me an ESTIMATE of the damage :P

Ooo, fun, the spirit of death embraces felix.

(Yes, I am playing as I type)

Ah, crap. This fight is over.

"Dullahan uses Djinn Storm!"

Ow.

"Sheba takes 673 damage."

Hmmm...guess what?

"Sheba was downed..."

Next turn....

"Mia takes 645 Damage!!!"

"Mia was downed..."

Hmm, the spirit of death seems to like garet here.

And there's charon...

-meh-

I quit.

Hmm

ShadowDx Wrote:

1. The Utterly Ridiculous Boss at the end of Ninja Gaiden II.

'Gang of Field Mice', did you ever actually beat that guy?

Okay the first three Ninja Gaiden games we're just rediculously difficult and fucked up anyways!

like a Frakenstien boss? seriously that game is more fucked up then Shinobi ever got.

I've beaten the first two Ninja Gaiden games so many times they don't really seem like much of a challenge to me anymore.

I'll throw in my two cents for the final boss in Shadow Hearts. Man, that dude gave me hella trouble. My best friend was there when I was fighting that thing, and he was playing his GBA while I literally sat there about an hour fighting that thing before I won. And no, I did not have the best summon. I had crap for summons, so I basically sat there with Yuri and hit him and healed when I had to because my other two characters got killed real quick.

For my 2 Cents the hardest bosses I've ever fought were Ghaleon from Lunar Siver Star Story Whom I never beat, It gets real aggravating listening to "Time to Die!" twice every 15 seconds for as long as it takes him to kill you too. and Zophar from Lunar 2 was even more insane I literally fought him for around an hour and I never could beat him, actually one of my friends beat him on his game and he transferred the save onto my memory card, cause the game doesn't end after you beat the boss!! Which is what makes Lunar 2 sweet!

If we talk fighting games, SNK's got the top five worst.

Igniz (first time I ever saw a boss infinite combo me.) and Orginal Zero from KOF 2001, Koryuh, that evil bastard from Last Blade two with four frickin specials that hit you anywhere and out of everything, Johann from Rage of Dragons with that damn cheesy throw, And Goteniz from KOF 96, not that watered version from Chaos...

I just got to Igniz on King of Fighters 2001. Lemme put it this way.

I can beat Shin Akuma in Capcom vs. SNK 2, I can beat Ultra Rugal in Capcom vs. SNK 2, I can beat Shin Akuma in Street Fighter Alpha 3, I can beat Bison in Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the highest difficulty level. Kouryu and Original Zero are wimps

~~I can't beat Igniz on beginner with only 1/3 of his life~~

(I probablly could, if I kept trying for like 5 hous, but that's not even worth it.)

What is wrong with you SNK????

Ansum, before he becomes his uber huge final form. Ya know, the version you fight the like... third or fourth time when fighting him after end of the world, in the odd Destiny Island location.

I would but Sephiroth in there too, the Kingdom Hearts version anyway, but I think that's a given.

The last Mizar in Jet Force Gemini was quite difficult. Probably the hardest boss in recent games.

Took the letters right off my keyboard.

I remember I had the damnedest time with that ugly mofo and finally gave up. Then months later I popped it in for the hell of it and beat him first try. The glow was with me that day friend.

Do you remember the final boss in the original Rygar? I haven't played that game in years, but ,as far as I remember, I was never able to stay alive longer than 10 sec.

I remember beating that game but I did it the lame way. I attacked minions until all of my levels were incredibly high. Then it was not hard at all.