All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

2 heads > 1,

40 heads = too many.

Long, epic, fun, and a pain in the ass... C'thun! I don't care how much you hate WoW, he is a well orchestrated boss which requires the attention of every raid member. Is he the hardest? Maybe not, but he certainly is one that is very hard yet fun at the same time. Thats why he is the hardest boss in my opinion, hard for the players and hard for the programmers.

Not a hard boss at all, but the longest boss battle I can recall at the moment is Kingdom Hearts II's final boss. It took like 45 minutes, if I remember correctly.

The thing would just never die.

Yeah... that was an annoying boss.

I like epic boss battles but seriously now...

I refuse to believe that's beatable.

He is beatable, done it myself though only once... Ever since that time I fuck up >:L

And while no where near as difficult as Hibachi, this boss is on the same vein in terms of being in a shmup.

While not as huge as Hibachi, BULLSHIT at 3:49. Didn't see it coming when I got to that point the first time... Still have trouble with it later on... >:L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cANmleJ1Ye8

Makes me think of the third fourth and final bosses from Ikagura. I still have yet to work out a logical strategy.

The thing is that in that vid, it was on hardmode. I don't think I can imagine the next step of difficulty (Lunatic Mode) would look like. I wasn't expecting to be hit by kamehameha waves along with all the crap trying to hit me. Hell I think Hibachi was more fair in that regard as he only did curtain barrages.

That witch with the guitar at the end of Guilty Gear.

Big danger area flashes so you avoid it and block right?

but what if the chipp (geddit) damage takes off half your lifebar anyway?! Im obviously not getting the trick but at the moment all other fighter bosses (including Gill and GodShinOmega Rugal) look like pussies

Wow this thread still exists. :shock:

Haha, as soon as i saw it i had the urge to hunt down my old post(s)...

Aha!

I thought Metroid Prime from Metroid Prime was kinda hard... but not super hard, just fun hard.

I still stand by this statement.

As far as bosses go for games i am currently playing, I haven't really played an extremely challenging boss lately... :|

This thread... so old... I remember posting on it in like... 2004

Well as far as hard boss's go, or even hard games for that matter, 7th Saga is a real beast. Indecently enough it's one of the few games that got harder when it was brought to the US.

I mean, if you get halfway through the game, only to get killed by one of the other heroes and have all you runes kifed... that's it, do yourself a favor and press the reset switch. I mean, any RPG where you are required to fight a guy that is always at or above your level, but with better stat per level bonus' is always going to be a challenge.

On a somewhat sad note, I had gotten a long ways into the game, somewhere near the end I believe, and was actually starting to get to a point where I could survive random encounters on a regular basis, when the SRAM battery on my SNES cart died, that's right, I was even playing it on it's original medium, and I lost my save.

Not sure if I'll ever be able to pick up that game again.

Wow this thread still exists. :shock:

Haha, as soon as i saw it i had the urge to hunt down my old post(s)...

Aha!

I still stand by this statement.

As far as bosses go for games i am currently playing, I haven't really played an extremely challenging boss lately... :|

not gonna lie, metroid prime was pretty easy once ya knew what you were doing

• 3 months later...

WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!

Having gotten back to playing Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1, I was reminded of something... Geese Howard. Now, I'm not talking about the Geese Howard from later games in the KoF franchise, I'm talking about the first Geese Howard in Fatal Fury.

The word "infuriating" comes to mind. Why? Because he's one of the most odd bosses out there. He's not insanely cheap all the time like Rugal in the KoF series, but he has this pattern that is simply unbeatable... and it comes along at the most inopportune moments. Normally, Geese can be gotten with the occasional throw, a jump kick, and so forth, making it so you can pick away at him. But once in a while, the CPU gets a wild hair up it's virtual ass, and Geese Howard only does one move. This move consists of his grabbing you when you try to attack him, and then he throws you for quite a bit of damage. Jump kick? Grabbed out of the air and thrown. Punch? Grabbed and thrown. Foot sweep? Grabbed and thrown. If you come in contact with him at all, you're grabbed and thrown.

When the CPU gets in this mood, there is simply no way for you to win, as Geese will also avoid any and all projectile attacks. Sometimes it'll last for entire round, and then stop (enabling you to kick his ass). Other times, it'll result in your losing two rounds in a row, and missing out on the full ending because of your having to continue.

I was reminded that the Genesis version of Fatal Fury does the same thing from time to time. It's a particularly cruel bit of coding if you ask me. And unfortunately, it's one SNK took to heart.

Because I simply cannot time jumps, the dragon from wily's castle castle in Mega Man 2 was the most frustrating boss in that game for me. In terms of hardness, Dr. Wily kicked my ass up and down to next christmas in that game. Man...

haha, omg, i know exactly what your talking about

i still havent beaten that game

i cant believe this thread still exists

Yeah lol, but...speaking of which, did you guys try out the new castlevania's bosses? Unless you plan on using healing items, a lot of em are pretty hard when you didn't try a couple times. The hardest Castlevania since Dracula's Curse in my opinion.

Some of the bosses in Ecclesia were just gay... Like that dude who makes his shadow into a big wolf thingy that does like 200+ dmg when you only have like 500 max at that point. That guy was near freakin impossible without some luck/healing items!

I went back and played SotN after beating Ecclesia, and MAN that game is so easy now :<

I've heard Ecclesia is pure Nightmare Fuel when it comes to bosses. Scary to know that's accurate, especially considering I thought the bosses in Portrait of Ruin were just downright mean sometimes. Granted, most of the time the bosses were fairly predictable and it was a lot of pattern recognition, but sometimes they just stupid amounts of damage. It's hard to get the pattern recognition down when you lose a quarter of your life in a single blow. It was especially frustrating given that the regular enemies were for the most part an absolute joke...

And am I the only who thought the fight against two The Creatures in the Den of Evil was just retarded? XD

Speaking of Castlevania, the hardest boss for me in that series (besides Death in the first one, whom I've never beaten) was Dracula + Death in "Portrait of Ruin". I may have been underleveled, but it took me 5+ healing items on my 20-somethingth try to finally beat them. I was pleasantly surprised by the difficulty. Still need to play Ecclesia, though. I'm excited now with all this boss ass-kickery I'm hearing about.

Atma from Ninja Gaiden 1 is pretty bad.

There's only one actual Ninja Gaiden I where as you're referring to Ninja Gaiden 04 one... Please call it that for now on in the future as I almost raged about there no such being as "Atma" in the first game in the series before realizing it was the 04 version you're referring to...