All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I found the final bossin Golden Sun 2 to be rather hard. It has a move that can take out at least 1-2 of your party members in one hit, if it's strong, and it uses this move a LOT near the end.

Hm... reminds me of Necron from FF9 - if the guy had more HP than 200,000 (weakers HP for an FF final boss ever) he could have been a candidate, but that was his weakness.

Oh and the final boss from Mario is Missing!!11 not.

Irenicus, in Baldur's Gate II, was the most difficult boss I had to fight (time stop, invulnerability, speed, time stop, wail of the banshee, death finger, time stop, wail of the banshee, another kill-you-all spell, time stop...)

I had to do the "I summon lots of monsters" and the "I am launching area of effect spells while actually not seeing you" tricks to be able to beat him.

Another one would be Omega in FFV (an optional boss), you had to use X-Fight and hope you will be able to kill it REAL FAST.

As for Shinryuu (the other optional boss), he was very easy if you used some water-protecting rings (tidal waves that heal you ? hmmm yummy)

Jesus MOTHER****ING Christ the world's gone mad. I just read through all 93 goddamn pages of this thread.

After reading this thread, I made a list of bosses that gave me trouble...

Well, first of all, the last boss in Beyond Good & Evil. OMFG. Sure, he's easy when he's throwing Pey'J and Double H clones at ya, but when the platform gets surrounded by water and the floating eye thing attacks you in person... you gotta do EVERY MOVE IN THE EXACT CORRECT ORDER or it's curtains. He appears at one side, you wait to long and he hits you. You hit him, he teleports to another side to attack. I figured out the pattern when he appeared where after a while of dying and retrying, but when he appeared above me I was stumped... until I remembered I could dodge. Then he reversed the controls on me (the " you're losing control of your spirit" cutscene will haunt me forever for unskippability) and he handed my ass to me even harder. And he just kept on spewing alien language and "surrender Shauni" lines at me. My God, that guy pissed me off. Why was he trying to kill me if he needed Jade to survive? I was so relieved when I finally witnessed Jade thrust her Dai'jo in that damn critter's eye. TAKE THAT YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

Next: the bosses in the Mortal Kombat games. Goro: 4 arms, fire balls, 100% killer instinct. He grabs you, it's all over, baby. Same goes for his tiger-striped pal from MK2, Kintaro. He kept stomping me, no matter what. Even tried Cage's ball breaker (hey, it worked against Goro in the movie)... I finally figured out a strategy to beat him, but then came Shao Kahn. THAT GUY WAS A FUCKING NIGHTMARE. Only with a handful of chars could I beat that guy. Baraka (blade fury, chop chop chop :twisted: ), Shao Kahn (triple fireballs all the way) and some others. Recently I found a cheat to activate one-hit kills on the PC version... I finally got revenge for all the times I lost. DIE BITCH!!!

Then comes MK3. Motaro... ugh. Don't get me started. Shao Kahn... why'd he even come back? HE DIED IN MK2. But for some reason he came back with more insane moves and powers. Only through a few quirks was I able to beat both these fuckers.

Braindead 13 (a game from the guys that made Dragon's Lair; interactive cartoon: right button, right time, or it's curtains). The final scene is totally unbeatable without a walkthrough. And just when you think it's over... SQUASH! There comes a piano.

Well, first of all, the last boss in Beyond Good & Evil. OMFG. Sure, he's easy when he's throwing Pey'J and Double H clones at ya, but when the platform gets surrounded by water and the floating eye thing attacks you in person... you gotta do EVERY MOVE IN THE EXACT CORRECT ORDER or it's curtains. He appears at one side, you wait to long and he hits you. You hit him, he teleports to another side to attack. I figured out the pattern when he appeared where after a while of dying and retrying, but when he appeared above me I was stumped... until I remembered I could dodge. Then he reversed the controls on me (the " you're losing control of your spirit" cutscene will haunt me forever for unskippability) and he handed my ass to me even harder. And he just kept on spewing alien language and "surrender Shauni" lines at me. My God, that guy pissed me off. Why was he trying to kill me if he needed Jade to survive? I was so relieved when I finally witnessed Jade thrust her Dai'jo in that damn critter's eye. TAKE THAT YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

I was a little disappointed, actually. I thought he was easy. Took me about four tries.

What about the boss at the end of the Abyss in Wild Arms 3? First, you beat him on floor 100, where he has 750,000 health. Then, you teleport to the first floor, and just as you're about to leave, you have to fight him AGAIN, and he has 1,000,000 HP, and uses all elemental attacks (instead of just fire like the first form). Keep in mind the last time you could have possibly saved was just outside the Abyss, which was about five hours ago.

ok ok i have you all beat!! and im serious. The hardest boss I've ever faught in any game what so ever was in the arcade game dungeons and dragons when you have the option to fight the red dragon. I spent 20$ in quarters tring to beat that thing!!! But its really really cool if you do beat him and beat the game because on the high scores they put a red dragon next to your name to signify that you didnt wimp out and you did slay the dragon. Yes, I'm a newb to this forums lol can someone tell me how to do the quote box thing like that? Also how to get a cool sig, I like mine how it is righ tnow but i would like to get a pic of magus on there.

i don't think any boss is harder than ruby and emerald weapon. i've not beaten either

emerald and ruby weapons are easy to kill man, on emerald weapon, u just use knights of the round, and then have EVERYONE in the party use mime on it until hes dead, takes somewhere around 10 times i think...as for ruby, just use w-summon with hades and knights of the round, then mime it over and over...hades puts ruby wpn to sleep, and then knights hits for huge damage, that way he wont counter with his ruby ray

A challenging but beatable enemy is Spekkio from Chrono Trigger. He matches you in strength, though he has stronger spells. Even with your levels maxed out, he can still stomp you. Although, he beatable when you first meet him.

oh please, strong combo skills, or magus' magic bullshit will blow spekkio away hardcore, so long as you dont get overzealous, and remember to heal your party.

I'm not even sure if this counts, since it's a tad unorthodox. In The 7th Guest, the time you're 'playing against Stauf' under the microscope. It's somewhat like Othello, but the AI made that part really hard.

dunno if anyone mentioned this one already, but the hardest boss i ever found was the angel girl in the bottom lvl of the trial dungeons in Star Ocean:2, still havent killed her............

If I recall correctly, when you beat her, she drops a horn item, and if you play it on the overworld map, an even harder boss appears to fight you. Have fun with that.

The actual final boss of Star Ocean 2 wasn't too hard, though. My party of Claude, Rena, Ashton, and Dias, all equipped with bunny shoes, pretty much charged him, and threw all their killer moves on him at once. Mirror Slice was hitting so fast, the boss couldn't even move, much less get a spell off. He didn't last 10 seconds, haha. Good times.

Nostalgia time:

What, everybody says Ultima weapon in FF8, what happened to Omega Weapon, I can kick Ultimecia's ass without using any other gf than Cereberus, and I can't last five seconds with that bastard.

But I believe that THE hardest boss I ever met was that secret boss from final fantasy in Super Mario RPG, you know the one with the four crystals... I catually finished the game, used my last available save, did some level up above what I was to beat the last boss, and still got my ass kicked.

Oh, and that whole level needed to beat a boss thing, well, I am pretty sure that when you observe the games of the old school, it was impossible to use this kind of algorythms, because the boss' stats had far less variables than the characters' and the proportionate evolution of a boss could not happen. If you lost, it might have been because you were not leveled up enough, but not because the boss was impossible... ... ... if you exclude the first encounter with bahamuth in FF3j, but that was because you had to run away... Anyway, the best example I can give is the 3 party battle in FF6 against Kefka, the first time I was beatten, without changing my teams, I just changed my strategy and I survived. With every boss, there are 2 ways to beat them, strategy or level uping.

But I can't think of a game making a boss impossible because the player was not leveled up enough, since games are made to be beatten.

My first post was here, in this thread, and other than the poor spelling and overall weirdness of the thing, I stand by it, Culex is the hardest boss ever.

And to think I made this post before I knew its name.

Radical dreamer i used to be a zelda fan the only reson my first to names where zelda related and the hardest boss was zelda related is because i couldn't think of anything better at the time I was thinking and thats when i came up with warlok lord now the hardest boss i might actually say was the evil jedi lizard like dude off of Starwars jedi outcast