All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I have another.

Necron, FFIX: I never really fought him, but I saw him. He looked HARD! And he was, too. Killed my friend in 20 minutes, i think. Anyways, I want to see a picture of him. In fact, I NEED that picture. The only thing I remember about Necron was 2 floating rings around him....

And also, Protoman, from stages in MM3. I could defeat him, but he kept jumping, and took out mosst of my life.

Did you check the Arcades? Maybe he's off-line or

something? :roll:

you talking about me again? this is what happens when i just got Vexx and Eternal Darkness!

hey Shen_Long, how many thread topics have i warped since i've joined OCR?

there was this one boss in return to castle wolfenstein, he kept releasing these curse spirits and they would take off around 50 health points each.

Protoman, from stages in MM3. I could defeat him, but he kept jumping, and took out mosst of my life.

All you have to do is get behind him and open fire, all he does is jump and fire and the only time he because changes direction is when he hits a wall...

I dunno what boss was the hardest for me... can't really think of one right now... I think that one eyed boss from the second level of wily's castle in MM3 was pretty tough since he deformed himself every 5 seconds...

At this point, I REALLY don't want to check if I've already posted here...

The hardest, most annoying boss in recent memory is Dr. Wily from MM7. Maybe I just missed a secret weakness, but it's nigh-impossible to dodge his attacks in his final phase. His super-powered attack.

I little while ago I found a game at my local EB Games that I figured "what the hell" and bought. It's called Wonder By in Monster World. Oh sure, it's got bright and cutesy graphics with SD characters and big eyed monsters and such, but it's also got one of the nastiest final bosses.

You begin with a robotic looking thing that you have to hit on it's front. As you do this, lasers occasionally drop down and ride along a series of rails and fire at you. Now, this part is rather easy. It's what comes next that it a complete bitch.

If you destroy it's first half, everything goes nuts. A conveyor belt starts moving, pushing to either rapidly towards or away from the boss, two lasers are now always on the rails shooting at you, and now there's a buzz saw blade moving back and forth along the conveyor belt. If you touch the boss, laser cannons, buzz saw or get hit by the lasers, you loose health AND get bounced back... usually into one of the other objects moving around.

Somehow, you have to hit the boss in the eye a bunch of times to kill it with your sword, but you're too busy getting bounced all around and pinned in place to even get the thing half way dead before you run out of potions and such to heal yourself.

It's amazing how easy that little game is up until you reach that final boss.

At this point, I REALLY don't want to check if I've already posted here...

The hardest, most annoying boss in recent memory is Dr. Wily from MM7. Maybe I just missed a secret weakness, but it's nigh-impossible to dodge his attacks in his final phase. His super-powered attack.

If he's out of your range, stand directly below him, wait for the balls to appear. They move in two thrusts, one that moves in your general direction and one that moves to the end of the screen. The moment they move for the first time, slide to the left or right, whichever side you have more room. And in one great leap, jump over all four of them. Try to do it at the last possible second, it's kind of tricky. If you have take a hit, take the lightning (yellow) one. That does the least amount of damage.

If he IS in range, hit him with a charge shot and quickly follow up with a shot of Thunder Bolt (You'll probably want to pick it from the menu). He'll be shocked, but won't do any damage. It'll cancel the normal energy ball attack and he'll two lightning orbs downwards, which is very easy to jump over.

If you're feeling lucky, you can try using Freeze Cracker when he's out of range, but this usually messes up your rythm and you'll have a much harder time dodging the energy balls. I also hear Wild Coil does a decent amount of damege but I didn't notice anything. Just stick to charge shots.

Any way you slice it, it's going to be a very hard, very tedious fight. There's really no way around it. Be sure to bring a full stock of E-Tanks and don't start using them unless you're confident that you have a chance of beating him.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that Dullahan from Golden Sun the Lost Age was impossible to beat. The sucker could get 200 hp back every turn (So you couldn't get into a battle of attrition), could randomly summon Charon to do massive damage to your entire party, and had, among various nasty psynergiey attacks, something called "Formosa Sage", which did a very large and nasty sum of damage to a single character, usually enough to kill them if they were trying to summon anything.

Wind Waker's Puppet Ganon was tough, way harder than the real Ganon.

The only hard part about the fight with Ganon was not killing Zelda after she shot me with a light arrow. That hurt emotionally (and it was before the part where I had to bounce it, too!)

The only hard part about the fight with Ganon was not killing Zelda after she shot me with a light arrow. That hurt emotionally (and it was before the part where I had to bounce it, too!)

I like the way this thread managed to outlast the Catgirl thread, the Spork thread, and Yuffie Mae's 'Hi!' thread. Of all of them it was the least subversive, had the smallest impact, and seems to be the only one left standing. This is the Cockroach Thread of OC.

Good job Coop!

Anywho, I have trouble beating the Green Goblin in the first Spiderman game, but everyone else seems to have no trouble killing him... go figure...

Still havent beaten the real ganon....

Anyway try going up against the last boss in Phantasy Star Online 2 at level 43 *cough* i died many times...

dude that game was so easy.... play ninja gaiden for NES for a while and you'll see what I mean lol

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that Dullahan from Golden Sun the Lost Age was impossible to beat. The sucker could get 200 hp back every turn (So you couldn't get into a battle of attrition), could randomly summon Charon to do massive damage to your entire party, and had, among various nasty psynergiey attacks, something called "Formosa Sage", which did a very large and nasty sum of damage to a single character, usually enough to kill them if they were trying to summon anything.

Heh, I beat him.

I like the way this thread managed to outlast the Catgirl thread, the Spork thread, and Yuffie Mae's 'Hi!' thread. Of all of them it was the least subversive, had the smallest impact, and seems to be the only one left standing. This is the Cockroach Thread of OC.

Good job Coop!

Anywho, I have trouble beating the Green Goblin in the first Spiderman game, but everyone else seems to have no trouble killing him... go figure...

i'll be happy when it outlasts that horrible Magic thread.

Yep, I mentioned him around page 80-90....lazy butt, go search ;)

and it's "Formina Sage."

I beat him - naturally you have to have all the Djinni to get to him, so I summoned him to hell. Make sure your agility's way up there, and just summon summon summon as much as you can. If you're lucky you'll get two turns off with your first party. When they're down, the parties swap automatically, and you do the same thing over again.

Took me a couple tries while tweaking my summons and strategy....actually it took me a lot of tries....

Just hope ya get lucky :P

And btw, Sephiroth in KH is easy once you get Aeroga - makes a huuuuge difference, at least in Normal mode....and that's assuming you're not too lazy to keep one up.

and it's NOT SIN HARVEST. It's HEARTLESS ANGEL.

He says "Descend, Heartless Angel", if you listen close.

*bumpo* Might have been said in the some 100 pages of random jabberings, but sephiroth in kingdom hearts is a bitch. It took me 20 level ups (lvl 65 to level 85) before i beat him and thats beforei learned the key trick and using some 6 elixers within the battle. I got it down to only 2 now, but still.

By no means a "hard boss", but I think Dyne in ff7 deserves an honerable mention. Here's a guy you fight one-on-one (with a character most people usualy don't level up...), and can kill you in 4 turns if you're not careful. It's one of those "One one one? Shit, i didn't equip a restore materia! SHIT, he can attack 3 times in a row.. SHIT... ah screw it *reset*" kind of bosses. Not hard if you know what you're doing, but everyone i know got pwned their first playthrough by this jackass.

I'd mention a few more, but at 10*4* pages, anyone else i can thik of has proobably already been mentioned o_o

edit: okay, more than 103 pages.. o_O