All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

Sigma from Megaman X4...to this day i think he is impossible

I agree, sigma is way hard. I got to him and spent a couple hours getting my ass kicked before i gave up. i havent picked it up since.

This is by far not the single hardest boss ever, but i think Sagat (not Bison) is one of the hardest. How many other players have noticed once uve finally beaten him, Bison is nothing?

Sweet chickens...

This thread is still alive? Amazing.

Um...the penultimate Doc Ock fight in Spider-man 2 is tough, in an annoying sense. You know, the one where you have to shut down all the panels, while an invincible Doc Ock wails on you?

Logic dictates: "Keep moving!"

...but it's kinda hard to keep moving when 90% of the room is engulfed in an unpassable fusion reaction. I blame poor game design.

oh and one more...

guilty gear XX, some of those missions are insanely mo' trucking hard.. i dare to see any of the most experienced fighter game people to beat those...

i mean, i'm really good at GGXX, believe me.. and i cannot, simply cannot beat some of those missions.

I'm glad it wasnt just me that couldnt beat those

Sweet chickens...

Um...the penultimate Doc Ock fight in Spider-man 2 is tough, in an annoying sense. You know, the one where you have to shut down all the panels, while an invincible Doc Ock wails on you?

...but it's kinda hard to keep moving when 90% of the room is engulfed in an unpassable fusion reaction. I blame poor game design.

I hated the mysterio fight, the one on Elis Island and you have to swing up the statue of liberty and hit those baloons, that was just annoying.

oh and one more...

guilty gear XX, some of those missions are insanely mo' trucking hard.. i dare to see any of the most experienced fighter game people to beat those...

i mean, i'm really good at GGXX, believe me.. and i cannot, simply cannot beat some of those missions.

I'm glad it wasnt just me that couldnt beat those

yup... insanely hard.... some random asian 4 year old can probably beat it though

I wonder how many people have beaten Metroid Prime's 1st and 2nd forms on hard difficulty on their first run ? ..it took me (fairly skilled at MP) at least 10 tries to beat the bitch properly 8)

not my first run, but MP wasn't too hard. I think i died maybe once or twice.

this is another one of those games where the last boss is one of the easiest (im talking about MP's essence)

Metroid Prime was to easy, it took me 4 tries on normal to beat the first and second forms, and when I got to it in Hard mode I beat it in one try. Or at least that's what I remember, this all happened in one night with my friend.

Tales of Symphonia. Try Beating the Ramiel and Kratos back to back. Then try the ! on 1 duel between Kratos and Lloyd, the 1 on 1 with Sheena and Kuchinawa. think those are hard? Complete the "Devil's Arms" sidequest (abyssion wants you to get all nine cursed weapons) And when you finally do, You have to fight a punk with 120,000 Hp! He does over 1000 per hit, WITH the All Divide (halves the damage you give to the enemy, halves the damage you take) And did i mention, That he has Skyrocketed defense? Much harder than the last boss back to back fight. At least Yggdrasil got hurt! And what do you get in reward for beating the sucker? The weapons, that have NO power. . .

Or so you think. Anyone that wants more info on ToS please PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Sweet chickens...

I haven't been able to try out Spider Man 2

But is it just me or does this boss sound like the DOC OCK boss in the Spider man that came out for the 64 where you have to shoot pannels with web to get a reactor thing to come down and then hit ock

Gigas of Earthbound..only for the first time though.

you would never think you had to Pray to kill gigas's last form.which was a massive pain in the ass to finally discover it.

Yeah, I agree. I actually had to use my strategy guide that came with the game to find it out.

Gigas of Earthbound..only for the first time though.

you would never think you had to Pray to kill gigas's last form.which was a massive pain in the ass to finally discover it.

Yeah, I agree. I actually had to use my strategy guide that came with the game to find it out.

Sort of hard, I did figure out eventually, but dont you think it was a really beautiful way to do the game and how everyone fights together? I thought it was an excellent way to do it. Although it does remind me of mystic quest where if you attack you do like 300 but if you use cure on the final boss it does like 20000

MAX300 is FAR from the hardest song in DDR. MaxX Unlimited, The Legend of MAX, and, of course, Paranoia Survivor MAX (oni difficulty) are much, much harder.

But that's irrelevant because Pump It Up's hard songs make anything in DDR look like a cakewalk. Slam, anyone? Mr Larpus? Will O' the Wisp? Pump Me Amadeus? Winter? Dignity? And let's not even get started on Nightmare mode.

I don't know if he's been mentioned before (can't bother reading 120 pages of thread O_o) but Barubary from Breath of Fire II would definitely take the prize imho. I mean, he wasn't even an optional boss. I know I just got lucky and killed him because he missed a lot of attacks, but I know a friend who played the game through 3 times, starting over when he got to Barubary, trying to power up enough to be able to beat him. No other RPG boss has claimed so many lives. After that... the Stratagem Satellite from Einhander. That boss (on hard mode) was absurd, You barely got enough ammo to blast some of its weapon parts, and had to chip off its health with the standard pea-shooter the ship comes with @_@

Besides, the ambience... the music... man that was a badass boss O_o;

(yeah, I just created an account and am "delurking")

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Cless' cameo appearance in Tales of Eternia. Anyone ever manage to beat him on hard?

(Cless was the main character from the first tales game, in the final battle of the colosseum in the third tales game, you get to fight him. On easy he's, well easy. on normal, he's hard as hell. On hard, he's a badass _and_ instead of a one-on-one battle, he brings the wizard of his party to blast and annoy you)

• 2 weeks later...

Typhon.

For those who don't know this guy, he's part of the last boss at the end of a Genesis game called Phelios. But it's the other part of that last boss that's a real pain in the ass.

See, Typhon has a little pet demon. After you defeat Typhon who fires a pretty simple pattern, you get to face his demon pet. And oh what a fun fight it is. First, you can only hurt him by pegging him in the crotch. Odd spot, but it works. Also, you can only hurt his crotch, by using a fully charged blast from your sword... a blast that can only be used if you collected all the letters to spell out Phelios.

So now you're fighting him. One attack just has him firing a steady stream of destructible bullets at you. You'll need a fully sword charge to blast a hole big enough for you to slip sideways through. You won't get to hit him much here, but some luck shots can be done. Then he attacks you with a second set up. He closes his wings, and them opens them for a series of tri shots that go forward in a spreading fashion. None of this is really hard to dodge, but trying to hit him gets old. The part that makes him hard as hell, is the fact that the longer the fight goes, the lower down on the screen he gets... until he's literally so close you can't move forward without dying by contact with him. You have to knock him back by crotch shots, but after a while, he's so close that you can't fire the full blast fast enough to really push him back. So eventually, he's in your face attacking with both forms of shots.

Oh... and you best hope you get the two options to help out. If you should miss one, you may as well let him finish you off and try again to get both. Cuz you're pretty well dead otherwise.

Fun game, but it's got a ramp up in the difficulty that's rather abrupt at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, I mentioned him before in one of his previous incarnations, but Death from the Castlevania series was harder than hell on the first game, and considerably easier in the games that followed... until I reached him in Castlevania: Lament if Innocence.

Maybe it's just me, or perhaps I'm just being given a really bad series of algorithms with this game, but every single time I try and get close to him, I get hit with his "DIE!" attack that knocks you back some 1/2 - 2/3 of the platform you're standing on. And by the time I get close enough to hit him, I get hit by it again... and again... and again.

Sure, I've gotten by that attack and battled Death with his "MINION!" exploding skulls that follow you around for a short while, and his multiple scythe attacks (the slash and the "boomerang" throw)... and I even got far enough to battle his dual "DEADLY TEMPEST" blast. But while I am proud to say I beat him... once... I gotta say that either my luck is just bad in how many times I get that "DIE!" attack, or the game hates me :lol: