All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

For a BR ripoff it does it a hell of a lot better :lol: but perhaps I'm biased...

Aside from the classic Airman (he's not impossible but it's a fun joke to say he is) option and maybe Quickman (with only buster), I can't really think of ONE classic megaman boss being impossibly difficult.

Zangief.

I was playing through Street Fighter 4 to unlock all the characters, which, unfortunately, requires you to play as El Fuerte. This is bad enough as it is, as I'm terrible as him (and I'm convinced he's the worst character in the game).

On top of that, his rival is ZANGIEF, the worst possible matchup in history. Zangief has about twice as much health as any other character, and does ridiculous amounts of damage. On top of that, nearly all his attacks other than the instant green nutshot rush are grabs, which are unblockable.

Remember that I didn't know how to do Fuerte's belly flop or jump grab or anything that actually works, and you have two hours of "Heavyweight wrestler destroys malnourished Mexican man in what police are calling 'assisted suicide.'"

Good times.

Savato.

For one reason: The first time you encounter it, you are operating as Derek. He uses the healing touch near the end and the logical assumption is that you cannot use it again. Like every other operation in the game. But this time, you can.

It took me so long to figure out, that by the time I did discover it, I was so proficient at everything before that I scored an XS.

Also, if you use the healing touch before the game does, you have just failed the operation. But if it's your first time, you wouldn't know that yet.

300 pages.

You'd think we'd be running out of bosses by now.

I'm sure many, many bosses are being recycled throughout this thread - unless you really want to check and cross-check the entire thread of repetitions and such, I don't think we will ever know...

Actually, screw this - I'm gonna go do that right now; see you guys in a couple of months :shock:.

By the way, any boss in Amagon is insanely difficult if you are not the strong man (but I know it is possible - my oldest brother has done it, back in the day). Big creature comes straight for you, one hit is instant death, and it takes a shitload of bullets to take it down. Ah, I hated (and still hate) that game.

• 1 month later...
Crab Boss in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. For some stupid reason, it took me like 30 tries to kill that bastard. Even dracula was easier to kill.

If by 30 times you mean 30 times to kill the boss without getting hit in order to get those worthless medals, then I agree with you, otherwise... yeah he was pretty tough.

Seymour from FFX, halfway through Mount. Gagazet literly took me ages to defeat. Personally alot of the FF-x battles were harder than most RPGs.

Also Hades from Herc's Adventures. I remember doing countless Elis runs to get over 30 Gyros all wasted on Hades. Medusa was pretty hard aswell.

If you havnt played Hercs adventures, get a mate and co-op that game naow.

Nostalgia made me search for this, I was greatly happy to see this thread still exists.

Also: Shadow Link from Link's Adventure was hard.

I was about to post in the other thread that yes, this thread does still exist.

Rehashing from page xx, Dracula without knowing to get triple boomers on CV1 would by my hardest boss (otherwise it would be the Grim Reaper, who was surprisingly easy to beat now that I'm an adult). Recently, Metroid Prime was a bitch. Had to do that battle around a dozen times before I won.

Anyone who has played through Odin Sphere can tell you how much of a whore the last boss, Leventhan the Last Dragon, is.

Imagine fighting Sheng Long (the titular dragon from DBZ) by having to run halfway across his back to get to his vulnerable head, all while trying to evade his lightning strikes/exploding orbs of death. He can also eat you. or eviscerate you with his spiny-parts. or just make you go poof with his deathbeam breath (this dragon doesn't screw around with firebreath he gets fricken laser beams). Not to mention that, as a final "screw you" to the player, if you actually manage to kill it with any character other than the one prophesied to kill it, you watch your player DIE ANYWAY and the world explode.

hoping to avoid n00bia, but Lavos...not just difficult, but irritating.

The other day - I think I had just gotten the Epoch - I was winding down but still had some time to kill. I thought I'd try a suicide run on Lavos, just to see how long I could last. So I warped there from the End of Time, and what I thought would be only a 5 minute massacre turned into a 30 minute battle and I was about to run late (to a previous engagement).

So now I have no idea what to expect when I go after it for real.

If anybody has played KOF 97 they know Orochi is the cheesiest hardest boss in a fighting game. I think I wasted more quarters trying to beat this guy than on any other arcade game.

orochi_sdm03.gif

A player using Orochi against the computer. Yes the computer would play just as cheesy.

Seymour from FFX, halfway through Mount. Gagazet literly took me ages to defeat. Personally alot of the FF-x battles were harder than most RPGs.

Also Hades from Herc's Adventures. I remember doing countless Elis runs to get over 30 Gyros all wasted on Hades. Medusa was pretty hard aswell.

If you havnt played Hercs adventures, get a mate and co-op that game naow.

This guy beat him without the sphere grid.

Seriously though, if you want to beat any boss, just get all your aeons to overdrive, and use them all.

Anyone who has played through Odin Sphere can tell you how much of a whore the last boss, Leventhan the Last Dragon, is.

Imagine fighting Sheng Long (the titular dragon from DBZ) by having to run halfway across his back to get to his vulnerable head, all while trying to evade his lightning strikes/exploding orbs of death. He can also eat you. or eviscerate you with his spiny-parts. or just make you go poof with his deathbeam breath (this dragon doesn't screw around with firebreath he gets fricken laser beams). Not to mention that, as a final "screw you" to the player, if you actually manage to kill it with any character other than the one prophesied to kill it, you watch your player DIE ANYWAY and the world explode.

Oh God, how could I have forgotten that mother...I actually didn't think it mattered which character you used, so I used Velvet (thinking they were supposed to be chronological) beat it, and then had to to THE ENTIRE DAMN THING over again.

But at least the fight was epic enough.

...it's not that hard. Far easier than that damn cauldron, now THAT was one bitch of a fight.

Seymour from FFX, halfway through Mount. Gagazet literly took me ages to defeat.

Oh shit, I didn't play the game for another year or so becaue of how hard that fight is. I wouldn't call him the hardest boss of all time though - FFX is just a game where you have to know what you are doing. That and I ran away from a bit too many fights...

In terms of an actual boss, I'm sure someone has already mentioned Doom Dragon from Golden Sun? (The post is huge, I haven't read it all...)

I just remember being 10 or 11, it was the first real RPG I'd ever played, the fight had gone on for a good 45 minutes, and when the three-headed thing finally finished me off I wanted to cry and never pick up my game boy again. It was traumatizing.

And, not a boss, but the ReDeads from Ocarina of Time? They'd kill me, not because they were bosses or difficult, but because I was too damn scared to do anything to get them off Link (whatever it was they were DOING to Link was something no child my age should have seen).

I never bothered to get the underwater materia, so the hardest boss of all time for me (as well as my gamer shame) is that I've never beat Emerald Weapon in Final Fantasy VII.

The key to beating Emerald Weapon is setting Lucky 7s before the battle begins. I've never finished Ruby though, and because you can't cheap out on that battle, I think it's harder.

Holy crap that was like hearing me from 10 years ago. 13 years ago, I guess, to be precise.

All my current psxing... vindicated. Thank you, sir.

Yeah man - my first encounter with Chrono Trigger, when it was originally released, I didn't have the patience to go through it. I reckon it was practice for Final Fantasy 3(6) which, to date, is the only RPG I've ever completed.

Aaaand to stay on-topic...the mounting pressure that comes from being on ball 3, having just exceeded 2,000,000 points in MicroSoft's Space Cadet Pinball.

OK, there's a boss fight in Little King's Story that's really pissing me off... Or rather, it's a miniboss, one that is comprised of 3 normal enemies.

It's a chicken... with two hula oniis dancing around it. It's a one-star battle (in other words, supposed to be really easy). But I find it impossible.

Those two hula oniis are invincible until you destroy what they're hula-ing around... In this case, the large chicken. The large chicken attacks periodically by shooting a stream of feathers straight ahead. I currently have 17 units at any given time.

WHY CAN'T I WIN?!

It's virtually impossible to attack the chicken because of those damn hula-oniis, but until I deal with the chicken, those oniis won't stop and will be invincible! They'll trample anyone I send to attack the chicken!

Has anyone figured this out? I'm completely stumped.

Aaaand to stay on-topic...the mounting pressure that comes from being on ball 3, having just exceeded 2,000,000 points in MicroSoft's Space Cadet Pinball.

Heh, pressure at 2mil? Hehehehehahahhaha. I remember one summer I played that constantly. I think I topped out at ~200mil by the end of the summer. It's all in getting free balls and tilting the table without too much tilt.