All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I'd just like to apologize for my earlier post.

Metroid Prime? Seriously? Entire game was a breeze on hard. WTF me, wtf.

Someone summarize this thread for me right-quick. Just read through the 3000+ posts and determine the hardest boss. No big thing.

I'd just like to apologize for my earlier post.

Metroid Prime? Seriously? Entire game was a breeze on hard. WTF me, wtf.

Someone summarize this thread for me right-quick. Just read through the 3000+ posts and determine the hardest boss. No big thing.

Life is the hardest boss, man. No matter how many potions you drink, you'll still get owned by it.

That's my take.

I followed this thread a bunch a few months ago, and I remember the side scrolling shmups being the talk of the time. Which is not surprising as some of them seem far beyond even remotely possible by level 2...

You would probably find your winner, or at least a host of serious contenders in that genre.

You wouldn't want me to get started on that. I may have beaten all of them but still the struggle to pass them, especially on the highest difficulty settings, is something one can only understand the feeling by actually achieving success.

You wouldn't want me to get started on that. I may have beaten all of them but still the struggle to pass them, especially on the highest difficulty settings, is something one can only understand the feeling by actually achieving success.

You know I kind of want to get you started on this ;-)

These games are a great challenge, but when it gets to the point of total audacity, I just get floored by how hard it gets, laugh about it for a bit and then stop. Which ones have you beaten, and which one did you find the most challenging to beat? (and derive the most satisfaction from beating?)

You know I kind of want to get you started on this ;-)

These games are a great challenge, but when it gets to the point of total audacity, I just get floored by how hard it gets, laugh about it for a bit and then stop. Which ones have you beaten, and which one did you find the most challenging to beat? (and derive the most satisfaction from beating?)

You're more than welcome to give a

of the windows side games; even rock out to some CROWSCLAW while you're at it. Then,
, you can always give the next entry a try. I'd recommend doing so on a laptop in Wash. DC during the "special festival" for added effect.

Heck sometimes even

, I would take a crack at it, even with some vodka for an extra challenge of the guts so to speak. I'd recommend
during such special
but do remember to at least pause the game for those moments. While in a large city,
, even if you're no follower of a particular faith it wouldn't hurt you to observe while you're there.

Maybe later you could consider some

. If not you can always join those

Maybe weird to be trying them while doing all of those things but why the fuck not? :wink:

Oh I just realized I didn't answer your questions properly

Beaten = all

Most difficulty but fun for me =

Most shoot 'em up bosses (especially of the bullet hell variety) really do deserve a class all of their own, in some regards. I own several of the earlier Touhou games and still can't manage to finish most of them on normal (except Imperishable Night, although I think its some unanimous choice that this one is the easiest of the series supposedly). Then there's 2 whole difficulty modes after that.....which terrifies me utterly. In th end though, I keep coming back for more, no matter how many times my hitbox is spell-card raped.

Generally though, when friends of mine explain how they like to play difficult games like Call of Duty on Veteran because they like the sense of success after doing such a thing, I have to agree with Schwaltzvald. There really is nothing quite like achieving success in completing a shoot 'em up title.

Also on topic, I still can't complete the boss of the extra stage of Perfect Cherry Blossom...

Like I said a few posts above, Knights in the Nightmare is bullet-hell meets FFTactics (though it can't obviously be as rigorous as Touhou and the like).

Though it's hard to figure out what's going on, you can get the jist of it in this boss fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8glyhrnIYA

Skip the first 30 seconds or so

Suffice to say, you're that little ball of light, and on top of ordering your units to attack, you have to dodge everything the boss throws at you, which gets ridiculously extravagant.

Though of course this vid is played by somewhat of a 'pro'; it's incredibly difficult.

Extremely satisfying though. EXTREMELY satisfying for the 'hardcore' gamer in all of us.

I've actually been on a Ys high tonight so I'ma gonna post what I consider to be one of the most hectic and difficult bosses in the series, this little one being Ys Origins which came out a few years back. I remember when I took

on, I had goosebumps, and I died quite a bit until I could figure out how to dodge all of his attacks. In some regards, the fights in this game are similar to a bullet hell title.

In conclusion, The

is serious business.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the hardest bosses I remembering encountering was this big zombie from a game I used to have on an old computer called Dangerous Dave In The Haunted Mansion.

He would stride back and forth across the screen, shooting fireballs all over the place, there were two (I think) platforms you could jump onto to avoid getting hit by him (instant death if he touched you) but you still had to avoid the fireballs (instant death if they touched you). Dave only had a shotgun that you had to stand still and wait for him to reload after six blasts and this boss took A LOT of shooting. I used to wonder if I was doing something wrong, because he just wouldn't die, the only indication I was hurting him was that he lit up every time you shot him.

I finally dispatched him in the end, only to be greeted with a horrible dungeon stage with a werewolf running around inside that took several shots (I never found out how many) to kill, he moved at 4 times the speed of Dave, and if he touched you - instant death!

Hmm, for me, I would say that the hardest bosses would have to be:

Luca Blight from Suikoden II, he can just be a total ass

The Beast Rune from Suikoden II, 5 bosses in one, mothafucka!

The Queen Metroid in Metroid II: Return of Samus, how many missiles does it take to kill the bitch!

The Tyrannosaur from Chrono Trigger, I mean come on, the boss makes you lose health almost the entire time, and both times too!

Xain from Legend of Legaia, he's a total ass and his Terio Punch kills me almost every time

The Delilas Family from Legend of Legaia, it's like fighting yourself!

Songi from Legend of Legaia, he just takes freakin' forever to kill!

Sigma from Megaman X3, that battle body's just evil

That's all I can think of for now...if my brain starts working properly again, I'll probably post more.