All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

~ Bonetail (Paper Mario TTYD), yeah, yeah, I know I can level up...

I actually thought the final boss was more trouble than him. Bonetail seemed to miss a lot, and only had one really dangerous attack.

~ Cerberus Alpha: Perfectly (Mischief Makers), took many-a-tries, but I finally got him. Has anyone else ever played the bosses in Mischief makers for N64? The game is odd, but the bosses kick ass(in one manner or another)!

Beating those bosses without getting hit is the real challenge. Especially Merco and the Phoenix. Catching the missiles during the final part.. man, that was all about luck.

Don't know if this was already posted...

I would have to say the hardest boss I have ever faced in any game is Alma from Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. I hate that bitch, no matter what difficulty your on, she is still hard. Hard like a priest at a playground. I stopped playing it for like 2 months, and when I came back to it I was able to beat her my first try. I hate when shit like that happens.

Is was and always will be Rugal Bernstein in KoF 98.

He cancels EVERYTHING you do with a Genocide Cutter, and I loathe him for it.

Hardest KoF boss I've faced is Igniz in '01 (and I've beaten all the KoFs except for '95) and the easiest has to be Duke from Maximum Impact. You can literally run circles around the guy while he punches and kicks away at thin air. I just love toying around with him.

Is was and always will be Rugal Bernstein in KoF 98.

He cancels EVERYTHING you do with a Genocide Cutter, and I loathe him for it.

The guy from the 3-D King of Fighters is literally impossible. I used an overpowered character, and he was just....

You had to block every hit, use every opening, and destroy him with an endless combo ending with a super that means his demise at the very instant you can, because thats exactly what he did.

EVERY HIT... Blocked. EVERY OPENING... Exploited. Every time he hits you, its either the beginning of a combo you simply cannot stop, or a setup for a super. He's a real bitch and I hate him.

OOO! How'd I forget, DMC3 has fucking relentless bosses, takes a while to get past them but once you learn to play the game correctly you're gold

I can't get past the first boss no matter what I do. And i'm really not bad at games, its just... I can't do some.

The guy from the 3-D King of Fighters is literally impossible. I used an overpowered character, and he was just....

You had to block every hit, use every opening, and destroy him with an endless combo ending with a super that means his demise at the very instant you can, because thats exactly what he did.

EVERY HIT... Blocked. EVERY OPENING... Exploited. Every time he hits you, its either the beginning of a combo you simply cannot stop, or a setup for a super. He's a real bitch and I hate him.

Like I said before, Duke is one of the easiest KoF bosses out there, if you know what to do. I just sidestep his attacks and he keeps flailing away, leaving him open for attack from behind. I can beat him with just about any character now, even those I have little to no experience with.

To be honest, though, I had plenty of trouble beating him at first. Once he hit me with a single attack, it was pretty much all over for me. He wouldn't even let me get up, much less fight back.

Hardest KoF boss I've faced is Igniz in '01 (and I've beaten all the KoFs except for '95) and the easiest has to be Duke from Maximum Impact. You can literally run circles around the guy while he punches and kicks away at thin air. I just love toying around with him.

Oh well see what I just did was utilize Kyo's uber-speed (Yeah, he's so sped up it ain't funny) But I'm talking about the most annoying boss, though Rugal was hard. He cancels EVERYTHING and I do mean everything, into a genocide Cutter.

Orochinagi! -Genocide Cutter-

Maiden Masher! -Genocide Cutter-

ARE YOU OKAY?!!! BUSTER WOLF! -Genocide Cutter-

Duke just had that crappy unblockable Super known as...

Ground Zero.

Just hit him when he's charging it and you're fine.

YURI FOREVER!

Are we counting MMORPGs? I think that if we are we should definitely list certain creatures from games like Everquest as the hardest boss ever. It takes hundreds of people to beat some of those guys.

I solo'ed Baphomets on Ragnarok Online with my level 98 Assassin. That was really hard.

For RPGs, a really hard boss was that guy near the end of Sion's part in Rudra no Hihou. The guy you fight after killing Rudra. He slaughtered me about a dozen times.

• 2 weeks later...

After finally achieving a victory over a certain game, I've come to the conclusion that its final boss is... cold. Quite cold actually. I am speaking of the Master System version of Fantasy Zone. Sure, it's a blindingly colorful almost "kiddy" shooter when you first glance at it. But under those pastel colors, is the dark heart of a mean spirited little game at times.

You start off with nothing but a single bomb and pissy little shot. Through the course of the game, you earn money and get chances to by upgrades for your weapons. This is handy, because as the game goes along, the enemies become more numerous, and the generators take more hits. The bosses aren't too bad. Most have an easy enough pattern to figure out... until you get to the final boss.

There are either five or six things you have to destroy to win the game, and they all come out of the nose of the boss. The first couple are simple to get rid of. The next two are a bit of a pain, and the fifth one is rather fast. You have to move quickly and avoid it as it goes from one side to the other. If you get it, then comes the final one.

This thing, hauls ass. There is no way to shoot it fast enough to destroy it before it hits you. Even with the fastest speed upgrade, you only move a little faster than it (which by the way, makes you virtually "out of control" fast). As such, dodging it is pretty much pointless, as it'll be right on your ass the whole time and never give you a chance to turn around and try to damage it a bit more. There are no bullets to evade, no super shots to be wary of... it's just this little blue thing that moves extremely quickly.

However, there is a way to beat it, and it's a weapon you wouldn't expect in the "shop" you go into. Like the final boss of Quake, once you figure this out, it becomes simplicity itself to win. But until you do, it's mind numbingly frustrating as you keep getting to the end, and losing... over and over and over.

Im going to end this thread cause I have the clearest most precise answer to this question. it is irrefutable.

"The Holes" from Atari's E.T.

Fun fact: There's millions of copies of the game in a New Mexico landfill because no one wants to buy the turd about a space turd.

As for hardest boss, I'd say Emerald or Ruby Weapons from FFVII are extremely hard.

Still. Omega Weapon from FF8 was a bitch...I don't think Ruby or Emerald compare to him. Especially when you get him to 300 HP and BAM! Terra Break and your party is dead.

But...What about Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts? He was a S.O.B., Still haven't beat him.

Or how 'bout on the super hard difficulty on full turbo on SFII turbo, M.Bison? As a child, I could never beat him...Not even now!!

Oh, man, yeah, Sephiroth, man. I'm not talkin' idiotic lil' FF7 battles, i'm talkin' about Kingdom Hearts. I just wanna beat that sucka, though, cause i have the Japanese version, where you get the One Winged Angel keyblade for beating him. Okay, top three hardest bosses for me are: 1. Sephiroth-KH 2.Swatter-B,VB 3.Galda-RDMM, sucka!