All Time Hardest Boss

The Coop

I remember having a hard time on-

Thardus - Metroid Prime (Hard Mode)

I had as many missles and e-tanks as possible when I was fighting him, and after many tries, I just couldn't beat him.

Eventually, I learned a few tricks, like taking out the rocks he throws at you with missles to get them out of the way quicker, and saving super missles for when his protective armor is gone.

Man, Thardus was easy not matter what. the first Metroid prime didnt get diffiuclt til the Phazon Mines. That Damn Omega Pirate. I was fighting him for 3 hours!!! And dont get me started on Meta Ridley.

And on the note of MP, one fight in #2 that was far too easy was Quadraxis. You're fighting some bigass mech, It should be a Gunfight, not bombing strategic places.

Man, Thardus was easy not matter what. the first Metroid prime didnt get diffiuclt til the Phazon Mines. That Damn Omega Pirate. I was fighting him for 3 hours!!! And dont get me started on Meta Ridley.

Interesting. I found Omega Pirate and Meta Ridley relatively easy compared to Thardus. I guess it's just that our techniques differ.

Another hard boss would probably be-

Poseidon - Golden Sun: The Lost Age

During that battle was the only time I have ever seen an instant death attack in Golden Sun. It was madness, and he did it every other round too.

Can't Remember his Name - Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Poseidon's probably a joke compared to the secret bosses on that game. I found this wizard dude, accompanied by these little magical ball creatures. I don't remember his name, but I flat out gave up on him. I vowed to return to fight him when I was at a higher level, but I never got around to it.

Can't Remember his Name - Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Poseidon's probably a joke compared to the secret bosses on that game. I found this wizard dude, accompanied by these little magical ball creatures. I don't remember his name, but I flat out gave up on him. I vowed to return to fight him when I was at a higher level, but I never got around to it.

Oh, I remember him. I think I beat him eventually...

Anyway, if I were to choose a hardest boss I'd have to go with... Let's see... The final boss of Metroid Prime 2 was hard. You know, the...

Dark Samus one that appears once you escape from the Ing Temple or whatever. I never did beat her... :cry:

Dark Samus one that appears once you escape from the Ing Temple or whatever. I never did beat her...

I think it's pretty much general knowledge, Kefka. Anyone who potentially will play Prime 2 knows about or can guess too easily what the main adversary is.

-

Most bosses I've faced in Star Ocean - The Second Story were insane.

I got stuck on this one meachine guy who you fight in these mountains. The battle takes place on a bridge, and he likes to go into the ground and shoot you with his laser scope for massive damage, all the while immune to damage himself. I was at a pretty high level for where I was, and I just couldn't find a way to beat that thing. I haven't played the game since.

After reading through this thread a bit, I take it I'm not the only one that had a tough time with Dark Link in OOT. The biggest part of the problem was that I was Z-Targeting him ( :banghead: ) and attacking him with my sword. Then, I tried to go after him with the bow. Still Z-Targeting. Then the hookshot, and bombs too (never taking off the Z-Targeting) and none of it worked. Finally, I figured out enough to take off Z-Targeting and just go apeshit. Worked for me! :D

As for RPG bosses, most bosses can be killed very easily if you level up enough, and if you have some idea of what you are doing, you can enter a boss battle a good bit under leveled and still beat it. I beat the hardest version of Lavos in CT (the one where he appears in the Underground Palace in Zeal) with only Crono alive at lvl 60. I beat Diablo in D2 with a lvl 24 Barb. All you really need is a shitload of healing items, and to practice accessing them with a ridiculous amount of speed. Secret of Mana really took that away from you, because it will not let you have very many of an item.

For the longest time, I thought that Shadow Link in Zelda 2 was one of the hardest bosses of all time, and then I replayed it recently and discovered he is really, really easy if you just stand at the left side of the screen and keep swinging your sword. Shadow Link jumps right into your swings!!

I would have to say that the Tri-Ace post-game dungeon bosses are the all-time hardest bosses of any RPG. Well, in Valkyrie Profile, the Seraphic Gate bosses were not too bad if you could get all the secret characters in there.

When I think of Enix, I think of a group of game developers who look like mad scientists that sit around a table and laugh about all they ideas to piss us all off; ideas for the hardest crap we've ever seen in video gaming.

Gabrie Celesta - Star Ocean: The Second Story was one of those madman ideas.

She may have been somewhat difficult the first time through, but try turning off her limiters (you talk to this one guy in a battle arena, and he'll turn them off), and all hell breaks loose.

Level 250? Get your ass handed to you. I don't know all that much about how she beats you to the ground, but my brother has horrid stories to tell about it, as he's the one who played.

Hmm.. Personally I found Seymore in Final Fantasy X when they were up climbing the mountain and he was useing the instant death on everyone..... seriously irritating. Someone said something about having another aeon that I didn't have.... That must have made it tougher.... Took me forever.

I am sure though that the rest of the world had a much easier time than I did though.

p.s. no guarantee that the name is spelt correctly.

I am sure though that the rest of the world had a much easier time than I did though.

No worries Princess. I was stuck on that version of Seymore on Mt Gagazett for a while as well. Pardon my mispellings.

Making the battle has something to do with making your party invincible against the Zombie status effect, as that's how his death attack works. If my memory serves, a phoenix down will do much damage to him, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone tried beating Emerald and Ruby Weapon without using summons?

Legend of Dragoon - Kraken

That thing took about twelve tries to beat. Then again, my lazy ass never bothered to get any attack higher then Volcano during the whole game. Also, I think this game had the highest random encounter rate ever.

No worries Princess. I was stuck on that version of Seymore on Mt Gagazett for a while as well. Pardon my mispellings.

Making the battle has something to do with making your party invincible against the Zombie status effect, as that's how his death attack works. If my memory serves, a phoenix down will do much damage to him, but I'm not sure.

I haven't tried, but I think using the 7777 fever would make that very possible.

I haven't tried, but I think using the 7777 fever would make that very possible.

I've only seen that once. No, you don't need the fever to beat those guys. I didn't think it was possible, but all it takes is strategy...and a lot of patience.

I've seen it done.

Emerald and Ruby.

No summons.

I can vouch for that.

Professor Fortesque from The chaos engine.

Most other bosses of the time had some kind of pattern for you to memorise and take a pot shot when a lull in the attack came up. Fortesque, on the other hand, was just a mechanical onslaught...there was NO let up. He just kept on gunning and gunning until you died. I mean, DAMN...

Do you think walkthrough can make any game easier to play?i mean i dont really have any problems playing games with big time super bosses if i dont have a game guide for me.

EDITED:Btw,megaman bosses are freaking hard and i mean really really hard if you dont know how to dodge their attacks and how to kill them.